Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    After updating WebOS this morning, I reinstalled the messaging plug-ins and all is well with Sametime. I should say, back to the state we had before the OS update.

When all the smoke clears, let us know the status on adding or removing chat buddies.

Dale46.
    Hi mate,

Glad to hear its working

Sad to sad I havent developed this for a while.

Life has been crazy. Had some close family members pass away, started a new job and been studying like crazy.

I do intend to get back to it just not sure when.

If there is some one out there who wants to help or develop this further please feel free to contact me.

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Is Yahoo working for you?

Still logs in and out every minute, doesn´t matter if I´m on 3g or Wlan..
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    Updated to 1.4.5 this morning (Sprint) after removing all patches and ran into this very thing. Is this an indication that the patches file will only install using WOQI? I don't have access to a PC to use it currently and hoped Preware or Internals would install the IPK. They installed the system files just not the patch.
    To answer my own question, yes, the patches file looks to install only with WOQI. To bad.
    Last edited by dbeedle; 08/12/2010 at 08:48 AM.
    TTFN
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    how do I just restore the file from webosdoctor is it from 1.4.1.1 cause i have 1.4.5 from sprint webos.

i am getting this error (see attachment)
    .Jar files are essentially compressed files so you can use something like WinZip of 7-zip to open them up. The WebOSDoctor jar has several folders and within them are embedded compressed files so finding the particular file you want isn't easy. In the end I used Jason Robitaille's WebOS Repair Utility to solve the exact problem you are having.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    After 1.4.5 I finally got my messaging patches to install correctly (but had to use the WebOS Repair utility first.) The only problem is that Live Messenger doesn't show up as one of my account options. Any ideas? (This was working before 1.4.5 and I am using the same set of patches.)
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    After 1.4.5 I finally got my messaging patches to install correctly (but had to use the WebOS Repair utility first.) The only problem is that Live Messenger doesn't show up as one of my account options. Any ideas? (This was working before 1.4.5 and I am using the same set of patches.)
    I thought perhaps this was happening because, as it turned out, my patches were a bit old so I did the following:

• Removed my accounts
    • Removed my patches
    • Restored files using WebOS Repair
    • Restarted phone
    • Use WebOS QuickInstall to re-install latest patches

I'm getting an error now with the org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.0_armv7.ipk patch:

Any ideas?
    This should not happen when you ran WebOS Repair.
    Try re-running it and watch out for the prefsAccountSummary-scene.html, listview-assistant.jsjsjs, $messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$ $and$ $messaging$-$constant$.$js$ $files$.

And maybe you found some patch that is incompatible or at least has been made incompatible with the 1.4.5 Update, so if you want to do some debugging, remove your messaging-related patches one by one and try to install the messaging plugins.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The only patch I had installed was for the phone. I re-ran the WebOS Repair (actually, several times) and it keeps saying that prefsAccountSummary-scene.html and prefsSetupAccount-scene.html do not match. So it appears that these files are not being restored. I tried viewing the diff but it is unable to fetch this.

I finally restored these two files manually using WebOS Quick Install and am now restarting my phone. I will start over again and install the plug-ins one at a time.

Also, FWIW, even after removing my plugins my "Add IM Account" scene shows me several buttons but most of them are blank. The core IM services have icons on them.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    I finally restored these two files manually using WebOS Quick Install and am now restarting my phone. I will start over again and install the plug-ins one at a time.
    Unfortunately that didn't help. Same problem as before.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Couple things
    1) As we have to delete accounts I guess that means I'll have to manual match Facebook jid (long string of numbers) to person again, is this correct? that the phone will not remember the links?
    2) What version of MSN is used for the MSN plugin? .8 (no multi presence) or 0.9 (multipresence)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    If there is some one out there who wants to help or develop this further please feel free to contact me.
    As far as I remember, messenger compatibilty and deep integration into Synergy has been exposed as one of the top features of WebOS. Actually, in more than 1 year just having Jabber and AIM, there was exactly no, zero, niente, Nullinger improvement from the official side.

What I've been wondering all the time -- Greg has done such a massive job so far in getting all those messengers to work seamlessly integrated in Synergy. The hardest coding work is done. Now it's about keeping the integration and doing some tweaks.

Isn't there any Palm/HP bloke around here who can push that topic into official development? Palm/HP, get up your Hintern (the English word makes funny stars in here, hehe), show Greg your appreciation, give him your next product for free for his awesome work, and integrate his coding into the core OS!

Just my 2 cents.
    I am getting this error when installing the patch file

see attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PublicBenemy View Post
    Actually, in more than 1 year just having Jabber and AIM, there was exactly no, zero, niente, Nullinger improvement from the official side.
    actually I think that it is not the intention of Palm/HP to support "foreign" messengers at all.

For me this is the only explanation why they crippled the Messenger that it only does support some "big players" and even does not support other Jabber-compatible services than Google :-(

Personaly I only need Jabber and I like using the Messenger much more than the IM+ for doing IM, because it is very well integrated in the system!

So I expect that this work has to be continued by the community, without support from Palm/HP.

Thanks for the great work,

thg
  14. wxl
    I think the reason the full capailities of libpurple haven't been integrated into Synergy is licensing/legalities. Of course (and I'm no expert here) that doesn't necessarily explain why we don't already see full Jabber/XMPP and not just Gtalk.
    Most smartphone users look for the most popular one which are expected to be on all platforms: windows live (msn messenger), yahoo, google, and facebook. To my surprize they haven't added facebook chat. I remember them saying something about more IM services to come officially in messaging. But none came since that statement. All the other ones are just redundant (maybe older services). Now a days most everyone uses these four IM services. For me I have all four of these but nobody I know uses IM services at all. Texting seems to be taking over with the people I know.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  16. wxl
    my Pre has caused me to evaluate my need for IM. I like having SOMETHING but especially with chat widgets it's not necessary to have every service. My reason: work. Otherwise Facebook and AIM would suffice. No one I know really uses Gtalk. My wife requires Yahoo! just because she has used it for so long, so that would be nice, but, yeah, we just text each other.
    My problem to that was that realized i did not actually have the patch installed. So make sure it is and restart luna and then is should work
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I was just wondering how to log into facebook chat. I've installed the facebook chat plugin, and I've tried entering username@domain.com and username@chat.facebook.com in but neither seem to be working. Can anyone walk me through how to get it working? It keeps failing to sign in.

Thank you in advance
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimel0l View Post
    I was just wondering how to log into facebook chat. I've installed the facebook chat plugin, and I've tried entering username@domain.com and username@chat.facebook.com in but neither seem to be working. Can anyone walk me through how to get it working? It keeps failing to sign in.

Thank you in advance
    Refer to page 52, item 1021
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    What do I fill in for, "Resource"? Everything else is listed except for what the Resource should be. On the Jabber with the Pre it is listed as:

Username: <username>@chat.facebook.com
    Resource: ????? This is not accounted for on the link on item 1021
    Server: chat.facebook.com
    Port:5222
    Security Settings: False
    Password: <Facebook Password>

Is it just "chat.facebook.com"?

Thanks very much Dale46!