Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #981  
    I keep getting the "cannot open /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/application/org.webosinternals.messaging/Patches/1.4/messaging-constants.patch: no such file" error message.

    I have the following msging patches installed, any idea which one may be causing my problem?

    Audio/Video Attachments
    Facebook Chat Spoof
    Force Send Offline
    Notification Repeat
    Timestamp Builtin

    thanks.
  2. #982  
    Got it installed for the 1st Time.
    Wondering if Facebook user names just comes up as Numbers ?
  3. #983  
    Why is it that I seem to be the only one who can't log into facebook? I still get user name and/or password incorrect even though they are indeed correct. At least two posts since my last post indicate successful login because they bring up the numbers thing. Is there nobody who has any info for me on what I can do to get it working?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  4. #984  
    am getting the following error when installing the patch
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #985  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    am getting the following error when installing the patch
    i removed gnu patch and installed again then i was able to intsall the patch
  6. #986  
    I installed the msn plugin, but the option for showing aliases is set to No and can't be changed. Is this being worked on or is it a limitation of the messaging client?
    Last edited by mattyg; 08/02/2010 at 12:53 AM.
  7. mtesm's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #987  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    i removed gnu patch and installed again then i was able to intsall the patch
    That didn't work for me still the same error as the other guy
  8. #988  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Why is it that I seem to be the only one who can't log into facebook? I still get user name and/or password incorrect even though they are indeed correct.
    Have you used your username? Not the e-mail-adress which is connected with Facebook.

    For any reason I always have to navigate to the Facebook "classic" and login before I can use the Facebook chat-service. So go to the web-browser, enter http://www.facebook.com/home.php and login there. After that, try to login with the patch again.

    Good luck.
  9. #989  
    trying to use communicator.. i do not see an option anywhere to accept a bad certificate.. looks like i'm failing to add the account because of this.. here's my log excerpt,

    (10:48:40) certificate/x509/tls_cached: Checking for a CA with DN=C=US,O=VeriSign\, Inc.,OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G2,OU=(c) 1998 VeriSign\, Inc. - For authorized use only,OU=VeriSign Trust Network
    (10:48:40) certificate/x509/tls_cached: Certificate Authority with DN='C=US,O=VeriSign\, Inc.,OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G2,OU=(c) 1998 VeriSign\, Inc. - For authorized use only,OU=VeriSign Trust Network' not found. I'll prompt the user, I guess.
    (10:48:40) prefs: purple_prefs_get_string: Unknown pref /purple/acceptbadcert
    (10:48:40) certificate/x509/tls_cached: Certificate Error. Rejecting as requested!
    (10:48:40) certificate/x509/tls_cached: User REJECTED cert

    thanks,
  10. mtesm's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    am getting the following error when installing the patch
    I'm using 1.4.5 on Bell Mobility and getting that error
  11. #991  
    what is the username format for the facebook chat plugin. i have tried my email and my facebookusername@chat.facebook.com and i still get the username and password error. how can i get the facebook chat to work.

    btw - since aim now u can chat with fb friends why cant the built in aim does not show ur fb friends does someone need to patch the aim to show ur fb friends.

    help is greatly appreciated
  12. #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyg View Post
    I installed the msn plugin, but the option for showing aliases is set to No and can't be changed. Is this being worked on or is it a limitation of the messaging client?
    There were too many problems with that option, perhaps Greg just turned it off to avoid more issues
  13. #993  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    Have you used your username? Not the e-mail-adress which is connected with Facebook.

    For any reason I always have to navigate to the Facebook "classic" and login before I can use the Facebook chat-service. So go to the web-browser, enter Login | Facebook and login there. After that, try to login with the patch again.

    Good luck.
    I tried with both username@chat.facebook.com and the email address I log in to the site with as a just in case thing. I even tried just the username without the @chat.facebook.com part. I assume by go to the web browser you mean the one on my device and not on my pc? Hopefully this will work. I'll try in a little bit after I get an errand out of the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    what is the username format for the facebook chat plugin. i have tried my email and my facebookusername@chat.facebook.com and i still get the username and password error. how can i get the facebook chat to work.

    btw - since aim now u can chat with fb friends why cant the built in aim does not show ur fb friends does someone need to patch the aim to show ur fb friends.

    help is greatly appreciated
    I don't know anything about AIM last time I used that win95 was the latest thing. See above part for some help being provided to perhaps resolved the facebook login issue as I've been having it too. Hopefully that helps.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  14. MiDoJo's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #994  
    To those having trouble with FB are you using the FB plugin? or the Jabber
    I couldn't get on with the FB plugin
    with Jabber it works great except the numbers instead of names. Not this is not the fault of the plugin, whoever programed facebook's Jabber server did it wrong, and it can (not always) do this. Steps to fix
    Activate Avatars
    As people sign on their avatar will download
    Open a chat with that user even if they are offline)
    tap the users name to bring up the contact card
    link this contact
    using the avatar, match the avatar to a facebook profile
    set your normal default profile (tap the profile and choose "make primary profile"
  15. #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    Have you used your username? Not the e-mail-adress which is connected with Facebook.

    For any reason I always have to navigate to the Facebook "classic" and login before I can use the Facebook chat-service. So go to the web-browser, enter Login | Facebook and login there. After that, try to login with the patch again.

    Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I tried with both username@chat.facebook.com and the email address I log in to the site with as a just in case thing. I even tried just the username without the @chat.facebook.com part. I assume by go to the web browser you mean the one on my device and not on my pc? Hopefully this will work. I'll try in a little bit after I get an errand out of the way.
    I got the errand out of the way and tried repeating the above trying all three ways of logging in starting with username@chat.facebook.com after having logged into facebook using the URL provided in the browser on my device. But still results in username or password invalid.

    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    To those having trouble with FB are you using the FB plugin? or the Jabber
    Facebook plugin. I used to use the chat spoof because I didn't know these plugins existed and couldn't stand the fact that it didn't show the facebook icon to distinguish it from the other source not to mention contact linking problem where a change would occur and require relinking the chat user with their contact entry periodically and randomly. So I thought the plugin would be my solution but I'm really getting annoyed because nobody seems to be able to help get it working. With the exception of HelmutsKohl. Originally when I posted it was said that a fix probably was coming in the next version but I have no idea from the developer side of things what was known or being worked on etc. I also would think that Greg tested everything and is able to log in and use all the chats before pushing them out in a release. I also assume based on other posts that others are able to log in and use the facebook plugin so you probably understand my frustration.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  16. #996  
    Hi Greg tankyou so much for the patch is so fantastic, unfortunately this don't work for me, i have a palm pre plus with WebOS 1.4.1.1 verizon, and when I installed the patch, and restart, I open messaging, go to "settings and accounts" ( I not surebecause I have the spanish one) and when I click on "add IM account" it just do nothing, and there is no accounts, I mean even the SMS account isn't there.

    what happen?, and how can I solve it.

    Tank you Greg
  17. o14
    o14 is offline
    o14's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #997  
    After trying to re-install the patch after it was giving me some problems, it is now giving me this error while installing. Can anybody help?

    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

    ApplicationPath=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/application:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"com.palm.properties.version": "Palm webOS 1.4.5" }
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"com.palm.properties.version": "Palm webOS 1.4.5" }
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details.
  18.    #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    After trying to re-install the patch after it was giving me some problems, it is now giving me this error while installing. Can anybody help?

    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

    ApplicationPath=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/application:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"com.palm.properties.version": "Palm webOS 1.4.5" }
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"com.palm.properties.version": "Palm webOS 1.4.5" }
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details.
    Hi jmkjmk,

    I wisj I knew why sometimes the uninstall isnt clean.

    What you will need to do is restore /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $webos$ $doctor$ $file$. $Then$ $try$ $again$...

    Greg
  19.    #999  
    Quote Originally Posted by rabitbay View Post
    Hi Greg tankyou so much for the patch is so fantastic, unfortunately this don't work for me, i have a palm pre plus with WebOS 1.4.1.1 verizon, and when I installed the patch, and restart, I open messaging, go to "settings and accounts" ( I not surebecause I have the spanish one) and when I click on "add IM account" it just do nothing, and there is no accounts, I mean even the SMS account isn't there.

    what happen?, and how can I solve it.

    Tank you Greg
    Hi rabitbay,

    Hmmm not good. Any chance you can send me a screenshot of the SMS account missing for reference?

    Also if you happen to know the appropiate WebOSDoctor file you need for your phone (See Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals) could you let me know?

    This could be a language difference on the phone.

    Thanks,
    Greg
  20. #1000  
    Greg,

    I can not get either my Pre or Pixi to log in to my corp office communicator since the latest update. I just keep getting could not connect to server... Any thoughts?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions