Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    I went to the Messaging App and clicked the "Buddies" tab. I don't have any other messaging accounts besides the SMS and now Facebook.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I went to the Messaging App and clicked the "Buddies" tab. I don't have any other messaging accounts besides the SMS and now Facebook.
    did u install all the packeges in the zip file or just the facebook one?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    looks like we are having the same problems, i installed the jabber and facebook plug ins and i cannot seem to find where to log in.
    Thanks for the effort, I really love this plugin.

By the way, is there any way to disable the automatic sign-in of MSN?

As MSN does not support multi-location sign-in, every time I restart my pre, the msn on my desktop just automatically signed off....
    Thanks for this patch. I now can use windows live messenger on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    I did it with webosquickinstall.. Worked lika a charm. Stick exactly to the install howto..

GNU Patch (Install from Preware or Index of /feeds/webos-internals/
    org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All
    +
    Facebook plugin..

Works great..
    Did you have other patches installed, messaging patches?
    I'm using the jabber client for facebook which is now working fine, fine as in, I can see the avatar and luckily know who it is since the names are numbers. But overall great. The problem I kept running into was it was saying username and password didn't match. Well, I forgot that when we sign into facebook we NEVER use the username, we use email, and I had forgotten my username. So , in closing, lol, check your fb account settings for your username. Any ideas about switching those numbers for names?
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    I'm using the jabber client for facebook which is now working fine, fine as in, I can see the avatar and luckily know who it is since the names are numbers. But overall great. The problem I kept running into was it was saying username and password didn't match. Well, I forgot that when we sign into facebook we NEVER use the username, we use email, and I had forgotten my username. So , in closing, lol, check your fb account settings for your username. Any ideas about switching those numbers for names?
    can u explain howto use the jabber for facebook please?
    Quote Originally Posted by reconboy View Post
    I have facebook working through XMPP (Jabber)

Create a new account by entering the following info:
    Protocol: XMPP or Jabber
    Username: your.name@chat.facebook.com

Enter the following server info, as requested:
    Server: chat.facebook.com
    Port: 5222
    Use SSL/TLS: no
    Enable Avatar: Your Choice
    Password: <your Facebook password>

So far working great! still having issues with Communicator working though , I am seriously thinking it has to be with our ISA firewall causing the problem. Hopefully there will be something to communicate with the ISA firewall a bit better or it could be the User Agent , but I am not sure....

Let me know if you get FB working with XMPP for yourselves.... For me it runs much more stable than Greg's FB Patch but that is not knocking Greg for his hard work!
    For the username, instead of putting "your.name", go to account settings in facebook to find your username. Then follow the rest exactly, and it should pop right up.

Also, when setting up Jabber, I put nothing in the resource box.
    Last edited by dingwall1; 03/02/2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: added more
    Thankss!!! great work Greg!!!
    For GSM German Pre Users

I have always have problems installing this plugin, I have had to doctor my pre and install before any other patch.

Well this time, I did not want to re-doctor it, so I tried removing all messaging patches beforehand (I had two: clean timestamps and enable landscape) and after removing them I followed Greg steps, with the addition of a full restart after every install, worked like a charm!! Now I can chat and I didnīt have to go to the dr.
    All I have to do now is re-install the other messaging patches and I am a happy girl
    install these 1 by 1 in this order and it will work. i was having trouble also but got it to work this way

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All
    +
    Facebook plugin..
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    I installed all the necessary IPK files - GNU was already installed - in the order specified.

My facebook chat IS working, I was just wondering if there is any way known to get names listed instead of numbers. I have a lot of friends who frequently change their profile pics, and not always to one of themselves.

I also have a few friends who only use facebook for chat, and don't have a profile pic at all.

I guess, from reading the thread over again, that this is a known issue... I'll wait to see if a fix shows up.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    i tried installing the patches and following the instructions. it failed with some hunk errors and now my messaging app is broken =[
    hey all
    have any one tried using msn with
    aliasing and avatar on?
    i am still having this loop of death...
    when ever i turn on avatar and aliasing
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Alas, after trying three times, I still don't see any other options than Google, AIM, or Yahoo in Messaging. The last two install attempts I got the error message others have been seeing (even after removing the installed .ipk via WQIS).

I'd really love to use Office Communicator on my Pre, but not badly enough to Doctor the phone.
    Sorry, this might be a double post, I forgot that Greg setup a new thread!

Hi all,

This is probably one of the times I'm not getting this going easily.

I ended up having to doctor my phone for a stupid mistake.

So when it came back it took about 2 hours to download all the apps I have.

I installed the messaging plugin as usual, I did get the latest version that Greg just posted today.

After doing that, when I went into Preferences, and did add account, nothing showed up. I mean nothing.. no aol etc.. nothing.

So I remember all the stuff (all the patches) and reloaded them.

Then when I tried to run Messaging App, it just rebooted my phone.

After that reboot, it came back but I still got nothing when I did add account.

And what is this new setting that I see about 'Accept Bad Cert'?

Any reason that why this is happening?

Maybe until someone answers me, I will check to make sure I didn't by mistake download the wrong set of Messaging Plugs.. maybe I did the Pixi by mistake, but I don't think so, but I will double check.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

It is the messaging plugins patch that gives the error that has been screenshot several times up in the thread. No matter what I do with the correct order and correct reboots in between, I still get this. Wondering if the GNU patch from before 1.4 is corrupt now but yet I have 23 patches dependant on it that are all working fine :-X

Hmm.. wondering if we extract the messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $Doctor$ $and$ $replace$ $with$ $the$ $one$ $on$ $our$ $Pre$, $if$ $that$ $will$ $solve$ $the$ $issue$? $or$ $even$ $the$ $one$ $from$ $1$.$3$.$5$?
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/02/2010 at 11:37 PM.
    The situation is the same over here. the messaging patch 2.2 always brings up errors. Luckily I will be getting a new Pre tomorrow due to hardware issues completely unrelated, so I will try to install on a fresh device and document my experiences.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    Did you have other patches installed, messaging patches?
    No other messaging patches installed..