Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    hmmm 2.5 wont work for me is there any way someone could send me the 2.4.x files?i dotn have any messaging patches installed btw
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Hi Greg,

I tried it several times but i still get the error. here's the new screenshot:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7084/unbenanntgq.jpg

Thanks

Nico
    Hi Nico,

Thanks for your patience. Havent had much time to do this of late.

Turns out I had a character missing in the version check
    I have fixed this now and re-uploaded.

Could you please download 2.5.0 zip file again and give it another try

Thanks!
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

it works perfectly now.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Nico
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Hi Greg,

it works perfectly now.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Nico
    Great! Glad to hear your up and running

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    A friend of mine couldnt install the new 2.5.0.
    I found out, that there are two directory in usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions. One called 338 and one 347. 338 ist allmost empty. The error-message is the same Nico87 got in #967.
    I am also getting this error of a missing global-iconography.css but mine is in usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/

I am not sure if this helps in tracking the error down but i have yet been able to use this plugin ever and would really like to use it as it is the only one that offers MSN without having to keep an app open 24/7 like IM+

Well i did some digging around using another app called Internalz, which allows you to pretty much dig around on your palm at its root, and went directly to the previously mentioned section. found that i had 2 folders in /submissions. The 200.18 folder which had an empty stylesheets folder and a 338 folder which had the missing files i needed. So i simply used Internalz to copy the stylesheets folder from 338 to 200.18 and it installed the next patch with no errors.

Now after installing the "allplugins" patch and rebooting luna i got every one of them on my list, but i am having a couple issues still. On Facebook all i get is there id numbers not there actual names, probably just going to go with the old facebook patch through gtalk to get that fixed, but would be nice if i didnt have to do that. Secondly the xFire plugin seems to report that it could not connect to the server. I have tried this multiple places just to check if it was a connectivity issue and it is not, I am thinking that one of the settings is not correct like the server or port, but i do not know what to change to make this work properly. Beyond that it runs pretty ok, causes a bit of a slow down on my pixi and is a bit laggy to use but small price to pay for having every messenger i suppose.
    Last edited by James.Wulfe; 07/27/2010 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Fixed the problem installing the second file, "messagingpatch" but still have a small issue.
    This might be a dumb question, but since no one's responding to my other thread, will installing this patch fix it so Google Talk works through the built-in Messaging app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    This might be a dumb question, but since no one's responding to my other thread, will installing this patch fix it so Google Talk works through the built-in Messaging app?
    Most people experiencing sign-in issues with the standard messaging app have reported this patch solves their issues. Myself included
    Is there a way to install the patch via Preware so I don't screw something up (not to mention I don't carry a usb cable anymore so WOSQI is out). I searched Preware (even enabled the test feeds) but couldn't find it.
    I'm not aware of a feed that hosts the ipk's but if you can get the .ipk files on your phone then you can install it via Preware or Internalz.

You might try emailing them to yourself and then try installing them.
    OK, what am I doing wrong! I had GNU patch installed already, so I used Internalz to install
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.3_armv7.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.0_armv7.ipk
    Since I didn't see a google talk specific patch, I then did a luna reboot (hell I did a full on battery out reboot just to be sure everything was good).

Then I opened the Messaging app and under prefs/add account/g talk (see screenshot 1) added my info and then clicked sign in. First time it did this it just sat there spinning and spinning and spinning until I backed out of the card at which point it threw up a "Can't connect to server" notice at the bottom of the screen (which I couldn't click on, before it vanished). I closed Messaging App and started it up again, went to prefs, my account is not there, so I added it AGAIN. This time it popped me back to the prefs screen without the spinning wheel of frustration, so I tab over to buddies and click the status button and select sign in.... See screenshot 2. It stayed that way for as long as I would let it (10 min or so) and when I backed out of the card, bam same message as before.

Please help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmm, are you sure the patches installed? It could talk a while to sync on the first connect if you have a bunch of contacts. I'd give it 20-30 minutes and see what happens.

Do you have any other messaging patches installed? Such as the old facebook spoof patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Hmm, are you sure the patches installed? It could talk a while to sync on the first connect if you have a bunch of contacts. I'd give it 20-30 minutes and see what happens.
    I double checked with Preware, and those 2 patches show up under "Installed Packages/Plugin". I only have 3 google talk contacts (as I use that at work, and don't really want to be bothered).

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Do you have any other messaging patches installed? Such as the old facebook spoof patch?
    I have quite a few patches installed, but as far as I know this is my first Messaging patch.

I removed the account, and tried to re-add it, both with and without the @gmail.com, same frustrating spinning wheel. I'm really starting to hate that thing.
    Well here's a problem, I'm betting that Messaging App is going after the wrong damn port! I bet it's defaulting to 5223, it should be going after talk.google.com:443. Now to figure out how the heck I'm supposed to be able to change that! Thoughts?
    Triple post! (I suck I know)

Went back and tried to install
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.2_armv7.ipk
    so I could hopefully create a jabber account and just send it to talk.google.com:443

Using Preware to select and install the .ipk on my usb partition I get this error

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    51 2213k 51 1135k 0 0 10.4M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 10.6M
    100 2213k 100 2213k 0 0 11.2M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 11.4M
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.2_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

Any thoughts on why that might be?
    I have no clue. Maybe someone else will chime in and help you. Sorry :-(
    I have installed 2.5 with quickinstall and the first issue I didn't find msn.. Second when I installed msn addon I couldn't sign in after.. What's the deal with that people. Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    Triple post! (I suck I know)

Went back and tried to install
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.2_armv7.ipk
    so I could hopefully create a jabber account and just send it to talk.google.com:443

Using Preware to select and install the .ipk on my usb partition I get this error

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    51 2213k 51 1135k 0 0 10.4M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 10.6M
    100 2213k 100 2213k 0 0 11.2M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 11.4M
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.2_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

Any thoughts on why that might be?
    Did you even READ the very FIRST post?

Install using WebOS Quick Install (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html)
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I'm a troll
    Or did you have something useful say? Just to humor you and I went and dug out my USB cable and used WOSQI to install the patches (after removing them all with Preware and deleting the gTalk account). I installed the allplugins patch also (restarts between remove and install). After rebooting luna I still can't get Messaging to connect to gTalk. I tried setting up a gTalk account (with and without the @gmail.com). When that failed, I tried setting up a Jabber account and kept changing the port number to a few different values (5222, 5223, 443) still nothing.

This is pretty annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Same problem here.
    I'm seeing this behavior as well with 2.5.0. I did notice that rather than recreate the account, I can "sign off" with the button on the "Buddies" page. Then I throw out the messaging card, restart messaging and select "Available" with the button on the "Buddies" page. This causes the app to sign into all accounts again including the Yahoo account.