Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Use Universal search, its nearly always faster then scrolling except you have 5 contacts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Do these patches still cause all your Live Messenger contacts to be listed seperately in the Contacts app?

I had this happen last time and couldn't get rid of them after uninstalling (is there any way to get rid of them!?), so linked them all up to minimise the mess - don't wanna clutter up my contacts again.
    Hey,

ICQ still does not work after the second login with 2.5 , the message simply stays grey. I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem and why it did work with 1.4.1.

Sorry to spam the Thread, but I now tried to signin to my ICQ Account via the "Aim" plugin and at least 2 signins worked. I'm testing now.
    Last edited by damnregister; 07/18/2010 at 12:13 PM.
    Hi, i get the following error in the messagingpatch_2.5.0 postinstall script:
    http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5107/qierror.jpg

Using German O2 Pre (1.4.5). sysfiles and plugin file install fine.

Any suggestions?
    I have errors as attached when installing the new patch. I've removed all patches installed and still not working, but thanks for the afford Greg.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xiufoong View Post
    I have errors as attached when installing the new patch. I've removed all patches installed and still not working, but thanks for the afford Greg.
    Use search

The answer is on this same thread, page 28

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2380510
    Thanks Nutty. Solved the problem refering to your post. Now i've come to error shown in #952 . guess i'll wait.
  8.    #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Hi, i get the following error in the messagingpatch_2.5.0 postinstall script:
    http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5107/qierror.jpg

Using German O2 Pre (1.4.5). sysfiles and plugin file install fine.

Any suggestions?
    Hi Nico87,

Sorry about the issue. I have a 1.4.5 German O2 Pre too hmmm.

If you have root access could you browse to /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/ and tell me what folders you have in there?

If there is a 338 folder can you tell me if /338/stylesheets/global-iconography.css exists?

Thanks,
    Greg
    I still get the user or password invalid error with facebook after following procedures and updating. I assume that since the plugin for it was updated that it is working and that I must be the only one not able to log in even though both are correct? Or is everyone not able to use it and a fix to it is still being worked on? I'm assuming here as I am new to the plugins.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Nico87,

If you have root access could you browse to /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/ and tell me what folders you have in there?

If there is a 338 folder can you tell me if /338/stylesheets/global-iconography.css exists?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

thanks for the reply.
    Is there any easy way i can check this without potentially ruining the phone? I'm afraid I don't know anything about linux.

I ran the webOS Repair Utility to have any missing files restored, but it just skipped 338 and went straight to scanning /347/. It looks like there isn't even supposed to be a 338 folder on my phone and doesn't exist at all.

Nico
    I can't seem to get this to install. It errors on me everytime. Why is it some of this stuff is supposedly resident on the palm already but not activated?

How can installation be made simpler? I am honestly not sure what i am doing wrong, but i am trying to load accordingly to the directions.
    Hi Nico87,

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi greg,

/338/stylesheets/global-iconography.css doesn't exist but found the file on /347/stylesheets/global-iconography.css.

thanks.
    If i can get this installed on my phone then i can installit on my wife's phone too becuase she wants yahoo on it.
  14.    #954  
    Quote Originally Posted by xiufoong View Post
    Hi greg,

/338/stylesheets/global-iconography.css doesn't exist but found the file on /347/stylesheets/global-iconography.css.

thanks.
    Hi xiufoong,

Thanks for that!

Re-download the 2.5.0 zip (theres a new revision up there now) which should work around this issue and should now work for you.

I will have to fix up my logic to detect the correct version.

Let me know how it goes
    Thanks,
    Greg
    i just got the 2.4.x version loaded. it took a while to get all of the right patches and fixes etc. would be nice if you could have a self instal file that would look for those and update as required.

Should i upgrade to the 2.5.0 version?
    Hi xiufoong,

Thanks for that!

Re-download the 2.5.0 zip (theres a new revision up there now) which should work around this issue and should now work for you.

I will have to fix up my logic to detect the correct version.

Let me know how it goes
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

I re-downloaded the package from Page 48 but I still get the same error. Did I missunderstand something?

Cheers
    Nico
  17.    #957  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Hi Greg,

I re-downloaded the package from Page 48 but I still get the same error. Did I missunderstand something?

Cheers
    Nico
    Hi Nico87,

No definently not. Is it possible your browser cached the file?

Also can you re-post the exact error you are getting please.

Thanks
    Greg
    I've got an AT&T Pre Plus in Australia. I played with it in dev mode before I managed to get it unlocked, and the 2.4.0 plugins worked nicely (via WIFI only obviously). To my surprise the accounts worked fine with synergy, I could move them around and edit them without any problems.

When I unlocked the phone I had the same problems as everyone else -- not sure if this is useful information, or no longer relevant since 2.5.0.

I've just installed 2.5.0 and there were no problems during the install anymore, I'll try it for a few days and see how it goes..
    Hi Nico87,

No definently not. Is it possible your browser cached the file?

Also can you re-post the exact error you are getting please.

Thanks
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

I tried it several times but i still get the error. here's the new screenshot:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7084/unbenanntgq.jpg

Thanks

Nico
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    The new 2.5.0 works for me. I must uninstall ALL messaging-patches like "character counter" or "new card per convo" and then the installation works.

The bug with messages not send (stay grey) if the pre changes the way going online is still there. I need to reset my Pre to get it working.

If these tips didnt help, try using the webos repair utility as shown a few replies up.