Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Any word yet on getting facebook plugin working? I still get user name or password invalid despite the fact they are correct.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Any word yet on getting facebook plugin working? I still get user name or password invalid despite the fact they are correct.
    I thought you just had to change the IP to the new IP that facebook recently changed to...

Search through this thread. Sorry I dont know how to get a link to a certain post. But the new IP is in here and they have a download too...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hat-patch.html
    Greg, are the plugins ready for 1.4.5 yet?

My Bell Pre's downloading it right now and just wondering if I need to remove and reinstall any new messaging plugins.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Yes, I installed this from webos quickinstall with no errors, then reset the phone, probably 4 times now. Still when going to the messaging app to add a new IM account, there are only the stock 3. Is there something that should show that it's installed because I can't see anything? (like in preware or something) Also is there a better method then webos quickinstall to install it?
    the only thing i could think of then is to uninstall, restart, and reinstall - if you installed all 3 files at once, try installing 1 file at a time and reset after each - kinda a pain but it has worked for some!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    I thought you just had to change the IP to the new IP that facebook recently changed to...

Search through this thread. Sorry I dont know how to get a link to a certain post. But the new IP is in here and they have a download too...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hat-patch.html
    Yes that came up in reply to my original asking about fixing facebook chat. Which I asked if that covered the plugin too and the answer was no. Problem is no further answer to or info on the plugin being fixed or a solution for the problem since then so I thought I'd ask again figuring perhaps the previous time I was overlooked or forgotten about or whatever. I would like to use the plugin instead of the spoof patch because the plugin looks as if palm added it themselves. I like functionality and elegance together. I didn't know about the plugins until after I had used the spoof for a short time before the IP change. If the plugin was a .patch file I could investigate to see if this is simply the same IP issue. I'm guessing the ipk isn't as simple as .patch file as I figured I could extract from the ipk but I didn't see any file inside that indicated to me code I could poke around in. I had thought I could help fix the problem looking at the code.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    StoneRyno, Why not use the Jabber plugin to connect to FB chat?
    why is msn randomly signing me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    StoneRyno, Why not use the Jabber plugin to connect to FB chat?
    I could but it would be no different that using the spoof. I guess I'm just not understanding why it isn't working and why it seems like I'm getting overlooked when trying to find out if the problem is being looked at or if a fix is in progress.
    You're probably not being overlooked. Greg is not like Unix & Rod. He seems to be busy these days and doesn't always respond to every question on the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if he fixes your problem in the next release. This has happened in the past.

Keep in mind that Greg wrote the FB plugin right before FB switched to XMPP. Now with the FB spoof & Jabber plugin the FB plugin is somewhat obsolete and a maintenance headache. IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg dropped it or spent less time maintaining it in comparison to the other plugins.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    the only thing i could think of then is to uninstall, restart, and reinstall - if you installed all 3 files at once, try installing 1 file at a time and reset after each - kinda a pain but it has worked for some!
    Just so I know I am looking at the right files, could you tell me which three I need? I only saw just the one file that is in the first post. Are there two others? That may be my problem.
    So I bit the bullet and just upgraded to 1.4.5 with the plugins/patch in place, no issues to report so far
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    After installing WebOS 1.4.5 Im not able to install this patch again.
    Sysfiles works, the patch dont (Hunk... 5 of 5... and so on).

Using WebOS Repair Utility dont fix the problem. Im using no other patches for the messaging app.

Any idea?
    ok i uninstalled this then tried to reinstall through webosqi.but i get a error for all the plugins and none of them will install
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    You're probably not being overlooked. Greg is not like Unix & Rod. He seems to be busy these days and doesn't always respond to every question on the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if he fixes your problem in the next release. This has happened in the past.

Keep in mind that Greg wrote the FB plugin right before FB switched to XMPP. Now with the FB spoof & Jabber plugin the FB plugin is somewhat obsolete and a maintenance headache. IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg dropped it or spent less time maintaining it in comparison to the other plugins.
    I had no idea the plugin was from before this, I thought the reason the plugin didn't work was because of the IP change. Basically what I want is, if it is facebook chat that is shows as facebook chat. Even if it is simply a spoof or facebook via jabber. I don't want it using another IM account because they are both using the same icon so I don't know which account the chat is coming from. So it doesn't matter to me how the inner workings are done and if I have to enter some settings along with user and pass, as long as it shows facebook logo to identify it as such. Continuing that care for both functionality and look rather than just a hack which I assume is why the plugins were made in the first place. I don't know why palm hasn't added all of these messaging things officially since they began the whole idea of officially having all messaging sources integrated but never bothered to finish what they barely began.
    One problem with the Yahoo-plugin:

The msn-contacts in my buddylist are marked as msn-contacts by their name (e.g. msn/alberteinstein@hotmail.com, msn/axlrose@hotmail.com, whatsoever). If I txt them from my Yahoo-account everything is working fine, but if they reply I do not get the message from the buddy who txt me - I get it from an account simply called "msn". So every message I receive from the MSN-network comes from the same contact which is making it impossible to reconstruct who has written it.

Is this bug known so far?
    About the facebook thing, it only shows number, making it like, impossible to tell whos who
    use your email instead of a username, worked for me
    I'm using GSM UK pre. It doesn't seem to work when installing the main patch on 1.4.5.
  19.    #939  
    Hi guys,

Here is version 2.5.0. I havent been able to get others to test this as I have been super busy. But I am running it on my phone and it works in the emulator too.

Not a heap of changes but the big one is the supported patches should now work. Remember if you do want to have the SMS tone patch etc they must be installed first from Preware.

To install this just remove all accounts in messaging, the old "Messaging Plugins Patch" and install this version. Restart Luna and you should be good to go!

WHATS NEW?
    ===============
    WebOS 1.4.5 Support
    Checks for GNU Patch
    Removed support for WebOS 1.2 and 1.3
    Facebook history on/off
    The following patches are fully supported. NOTE: They must be installed first. - "SMS Tone per Contact v2", "Notification Repeat" and "Enter Key for New Line"

ONGOING ISSUES
    ==============
    ATT Pre+ installation. (Could someone test this version and post the results?)
    Sametime message send and recieve not working. (Working on it)
    Change from 3G to airplane mode causes crash with OCS. (Working on it)

FUTURE RELEASE
    =============
    Add/Remove buddies from buddy list
    Collapsable buddy list
    Auto removal of Messaging accounts on uninstall

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    =============
    Pixi : http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip
    Pre: http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-Pre.zip
    SDK: http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-SDK.zip

Thanks,
    Greg
    how i wish you can sort contacts by account type, and have the ability to hide/collapse them. my phonebook gets too crowded when i add my yahoo and live accounts, and i find it really hard to find my phone contacts.