Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #901  
    interesting new behaviour from the Yahoo! Messenger plugin. I can get it to sign in, and as soon as it switches data connections to/from 3G/Wi-Fi it breaks and doesn't work again until I delete and re-add the account.

    Why does Yahoo! hate us?
  2. #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi RKO4REAL,

    Are you able to uninstall the "Messaging Plugins Patch" using WebOS Quick Install?

    If you can uninstalling and then trying a reinstall may fix this up. Don't forget to restart Luna (Sym,Org+R) after doing so.

    If you can't uninstall then it might be worth running WebOS Repair Utility from Jason to repair the Messaging Apps files then reinstall again.

    I havent used the repair utility before but others have on this thread who should be able to offer some help.

    Let us know how you go.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    I deleted them from preware and did the luna restart, but there still there. I guess i'm going to have to use the repair utility, but I don't know how to repair the messaging Apps files. Can anyone who has done this before offer any advice on how I would go about doing this.
  3. robjp1111's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #903  
    I know this has already been discussed, but I'm dense... How do I get Facebook friends' names to show instead of the numbers? I saw mention of a "messaging patch" - is that the same as the Facebook Chat Spoof through GTalk? I installed the Facebook Chat Spoof, but when I tried to set up a GTalk account with username@chat.facebook.com it wouldn't accept my login info. I still had the Facebook Chat piece of this thread's plugin installed at the time - is there a conflict having both that and the Facebook Chat Spoof installed? Aside from the lack of names, this plugin is working nicely for me, I really appreciate it.
  4. #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by robjp1111 View Post
    I know this has already been discussed, but I'm dense... How do I get Facebook friends' names to show instead of the numbers? I saw mention of a "messaging patch" - is that the same as the Facebook Chat Spoof through GTalk? I installed the Facebook Chat Spoof, but when I tried to set up a GTalk account with username@chat.facebook.com it wouldn't accept my login info. I still had the Facebook Chat piece of this thread's plugin installed at the time - is there a conflict having both that and the Facebook Chat Spoof installed? Aside from the lack of names, this plugin is working nicely for me, I really appreciate it.
    As far as I know there is just the spoof patch and this threads plugin. Here is the thread with the fix to the spoof if it hasn't hit preware feeds yet: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ls-inside.html personally I would prefer to use the plugin since it is looks just as if palm added them to messaging. Unfortunately no info has been posted in reply to my previous post indicating how to fix it so that the plugin works as I assume it is suffering from the same cause that broke the spoof: facebook changing the IP. I wanted to see if there was something I could do to fix the plugin but it appear unlike a patch file I can't see the code changes made from the ipk files unless there is something I am not aware of that I need to do that.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  5. Palmiga's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    interesting new behaviour from the Yahoo! Messenger plugin. I can get it to sign in, and as soon as it switches data connections to/from 3G/Wi-Fi it breaks and doesn't work again until I delete and re-add the account.

    Why does Yahoo! hate us?
    Same problem here.
  6. Palmiga's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by RKO4REAL View Post
    I deleted them from preware and did the luna restart, but there still there. I guess i'm going to have to use the repair utility, but I don't know how to repair the messaging Apps files. Can anyone who has done this before offer any advice on how I would go about doing this.
    Come on guys. Just read this thread, not all but the last few sides.
    Its all there.
    Last edited by Palmiga; 07/11/2010 at 04:07 AM.
  7. #907  
    ive read almost every page and even with the recent talk..there are a few people, me included that can not get it removed, even after running the repair utility .. then if trying to reinstall I get an error that says the patch is already detected and fails to install - i have several blank and some filled in "messaging app options" but none of them work, presumably because its supposed to be uninstalled and repaired to original by the repair utility
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  8. Palmiga's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #908  
    Only running the repair utility is not enough.
    You need to install all single files changed by this patch.

    You found them here.

    Use the repair utility/menu Tools/Repair Specific File for every single file.

    The list above is for the GSM-Pre and I had a problem with the .html-file. The only solution is to unpack it by your own and install it install it with WQI.
  9. #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Only running the repair utility is not enough.
    You need to install all single files changed by this patch.

    You found them here.

    Use the repair utility/menu Tools/Repair Specific File for every single file.

    The list above is for the GSM-Pre and I had a problem with the .html-file. The only solution is to unpack it by your own and install it install it with WQI.
    I did that one time, and even that was insufficient. I had to doctor my phone and start over.

    To be fair, my phone is patched and hacked within an inch of its life, so it's probably my fault. But there it is. It's not easy living on the bleeding edge, sometimes you get cut.
  10. #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Only running the repair utility is not enough.
    You need to install all single files changed by this patch.

    You found them here.

    Use the repair utility/menu Tools/Repair Specific File for every single file.

    The list above is for the GSM-Pre and I had a problem with the .html-file. The only solution is to unpack it by your own and install it install it with WQI.
    Thanks for explaining this - - Could you ( or anyone!) explain how to "unpack" the HTML file ( and from where? ) - it is the only file that repeatedly says "not found in webos dr"

    All others worked (and phone still shows the "imaginary" patch being there)
    thanks!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  11. #911  
    Hi Greg,

    Same problem here, can you give us some insight?

    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    Code:
    $ ipkg install org.webosinternals.messagingsys
    files_2.0.3_armv7.ipk
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles
    Installing org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles (2.0.3) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles
    ApplicationPath=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    cp: cannot stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles/usr/lib/libtasn1.so.3.1.4': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles/usr/lib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0': No such file or directory
    I get this error when trying to install the messaging sys files. Whatsup?
    PS: 1.4.5 meta dr'ed, almost virgin.
  12. #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi RKO4REAL,

    Are you able to uninstall the "Messaging Plugins Patch" using WebOS Quick Install?

    If you can uninstalling and then trying a reinstall may fix this up. Don't forget to restart Luna (Sym,Org+R) after doing so.

    If you can't uninstall then it might be worth running WebOS Repair Utility from Jason to repair the Messaging Apps files then reinstall again.

    I havent used the repair utility before but others have on this thread who should be able to offer some help.

    Let us know how you go.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Im having the same issue Greg ... I initially just tried removing through wosqi - then I have ran the repair utility, then used the "file names" you listed back a couple pages to try to manually repair then 1 at a time ... I can not get it to uninstall, which prevents being able to reinstall ( see previously posted error message from a day or two ago ) ...

    i see the blank boxes in the "add account" screen but can not add ANY messaging apps ( yahoo or gtalk is what i am trying to load)
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  13. #913  
    A friend recently gave me his pre since he upgraded to an evo. I plan on using it via wifi only. When installing the patch ikg file, I recieve an error stating that there is a newer version installed? The sys and plugin ikg's install fine, and all the services show up, but i can't successfully login. It sits on signing in the entire time, is this only available with over the air service? Before using the ikg's i could login to gtalk with no problems.
  14. Palmiga's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    Thanks for explaining this - - Could you ( or anyone!) explain how to "unpack" the HTML file ( and from where? ) - it is the only file that repeatedly says "not found in webos dr"

    All others worked (and phone still shows the "imaginary" patch being there)
    thanks!!
    All files are part of the file WebOSDoctor.jar you are using with the webOS repair Utility.

    You must open the WebOSDoctor.jar with a Unpack-Tool. Im not using Windows, so I dont know what programm could open this file.
    With Ubuntu/Linux its no problem using the BuildIn-Tool.

    Inside of the WebOSDoctor you will found a directory resources and inside the file WebOS.tar. Unpack this file and then open it with your Unpack-Tool.

    Inside WebOS.tar is a directory named only with a dot (.). Inside you found a file called nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz. Unpack this file and open it with your Unpack-Tool.

    Inside nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz is a directory named only with a dot (.). Inside you found the complete Palm Pre Filesystem with all systemdirs and files.

    Now you could found /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html. Unpack it and install it by hand with WebOS-Quickinstall.
  15. #915  
    7-zip will open all of those archive formats.

    7-Zip
  16. #916  
    Just an FYI that none of it worked .. i finally just web DRd and was then able to install the latest version and now I have my yahoo and gtalk back .. im avoiding all FB at this time lol
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  17.    #917  
    Hi guys,

    Rod and the webos guys just announced that Preware 1.2.0 will allow you to enter a URL to an IPK file and have it installed over the air. It will also allow you to install it from the USB partition.

    I'm wondering if there is a web guru out there that may want to make a Pixi/Pre compatible webpage. One that possibly detects if its loading on the Emu/Pre/Pixi and the displays the IPK links to all the required files. (E.g Patch, SysFiles, Patch, All Plugins) Maybe even have a Twisty for the other plugins. Something to make life easier to install this.

    Then you could copy the IPK link and paste it into Preware which would install each IPK and handle the installation directly on the Pre and return any errors in a more user friendly way.

    I think this website would make installation more straight forward then what we have now

    Thoughts???

    I know you all want this in Preware but there is much more work to go (e.g. another webos internals team member needs to be able to build my plugins from scratch) before the will allow me to host it in the webos internals feed.

    Greg
  18. #918  
    Maybe a dumb question, but I installed this patch and it worked great installing, but what do I do now exactly? When I go to the messaging app and add a new account. There is nothing new or special in there. Are there some instructions on how to setup everything once the patch is installed or can someone explain it to me? Thanks!
  19. #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but I installed this patch and it worked great installing, but what do I do now exactly? When I go to the messaging app and add a new account. There is nothing new or special in there. Are there some instructions on how to setup everything once the patch is installed or can someone explain it to me? Thanks!
    Did you do the orange - system - R to reset it ? You should see the options to add the different messaging apps ( if you used all plugins you would see icq, jabber, yahoo, gtalk, office communicator and a few others )
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  20. #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    Did you do the orange - system - R to reset it ? You should see the options to add the different messaging apps ( if you used all plugins you would see icq, jabber, yahoo, gtalk, office communicator and a few others )
    Yes, I installed this from webos quickinstall with no errors, then reset the phone, probably 4 times now. Still when going to the messaging app to add a new IM account, there are only the stock 3. Is there something that should show that it's installed because I can't see anything? (like in preware or something) Also is there a better method then webos quickinstall to install it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions