Page 45 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    I'm only using Windows Live, and although it works just fine, for some reason it SIGNS ON during the morning hours (around 7AM) on it's own, even though I have signed off manually! In contrast, Google Talk stays put and stays offline always.

Any ideas?
    I'm on a limited data plan and more importantly, I don't like being IMed at 7AM...
  2.    #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I had the same problems with my ATT PRE+. I was using WOSQI to install the patches.
    Cool thanks. I assume you have webos 1.4.2?

Something might be different in that OS. Ill check it out...

Thanks
    Greg
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Anybody using the gtalk plugging have experienced that thi plug in removes avatars setup in google profile setup? I've been trying uploading new pictures to my google profile and gtalk keeps removing it. So when I go to google latitude it is blank.

Greg can that be fixed?
    I also have this issue. It's annoying to have my avatar removed every time I sign in on my Pre. Any word on this?
    I am new to this messaging plugin thing. I was using the facebook chat spoof before but something happened after using it since that patch first came out and out of the blue with no changes on my sprint pre 1.4.1.1 except new apps from the app catalog which can't possibly have anything to do with why it stopped working. But anyways with the spoof patch I could no longer log in I would get user name or password not valid error despite the fact both are correct. So I decided to try this plugin thing and see if it would work. I have it installed but it too gives the same error user name or password is not valid. I tried with and without the @chat.facebook.com and even my facebook login email which is valid for logging in via the website and facebook apps. I get the error with all of them. I hope this hasn't been asked and answered but nearly 1,000 posts is far too much to sift through.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    @StoneRyno
    facebook has changed the IP address to 69.63.181.105. Thats why the facebook chat spoof will not login. Previoulsly it was 69.63.181.104
    See this post and get the new facebook chat spoof.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ls-inside.html
    Quote Originally Posted by guejoe View Post
    @StoneRyno
    facebook has changed the IP address to 69.63.181.105. Thats why the facebook chat spoof will not login. Previoulsly it was 69.63.181.104
    See this post and get the new facebook chat spoof.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ls-inside.html
    Will this fix the plugins? I looked in the hose file but there is nothing there for what that thread mentions needs to be changed. I think I like the plugins better as it looks more profession as if palm had added the clients to the messaging app.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Will this fix the plugins? I looked in the hose file but there is nothing there for what that thread mentions needs to be changed. I think I like the plugins better as it looks more profession as if palm had added the clients to the messaging app.
    It will not fix this plug in no, it will fix the original facebook spoof chat that you had to begin with though and yes, it SHOULD have all been included in the 1st place!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I have a question maybe someone in here can help me... is there a way to only be signed into aim and not facebook and vice versa?? if so how can this be done? I dont want to be on facebook chat all day but i dont mind being on aim.
    I used quick install to install the plugins and it didn't work because I already had them installed. Now the section of my phone where different im accounts are located is messed up.I'm going to attach a photo of it too. Can someone tell me how I can get it back to normal without doctoring it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #890  
    Quote Originally Posted by flashrocco View Post
    I have a question maybe someone in here can help me... is there a way to only be signed into aim and not facebook and vice versa?? if so how can this be done? I dont want to be on facebook chat all day but i dont mind being on aim.
    Hi flashrocco,

Yes you can. If you sign out as normal then go into the Preferences and Accounts. Click on the account you want and select either sign in or sign out as appropiate. Don't use the main screens circle to login, log out, or set your status to busy as this affects all accounts.

Greg
  11.    #891  
    Quote Originally Posted by RKO4REAL View Post
    I used quick install to install the plugins and it didn't work because I already had them installed. Now the section of my phone where different im accounts are located is messed up.I'm going to attach a photo of it too. Can someone tell me how I can get it back to normal without doctoring it.
    Hi RKO4REAL,

Are you able to uninstall the "Messaging Plugins Patch" using WebOS Quick Install?

If you can uninstalling and then trying a reinstall may fix this up. Don't forget to restart Luna (Sym,Org+R) after doing so.

If you can't uninstall then it might be worth running WebOS Repair Utility from Jason to repair the Messaging Apps files then reinstall again.

I havent used the repair utility before but others have on this thread who should be able to offer some help.

Let us know how you go.
    Thanks,
    Greg
  12.    #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    I also have this issue. It's annoying to have my avatar removed every time I sign in on my Pre. Any word on this?
    Hi guys,

Not sure whats going on here. As gtalk is built in it might be webos doing it.

What happens if you remove the gtalk account, set the profile picture and re-add the account.

As is avatars on or off in your setup?

Thanks,
    Greg
  13.    #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Cool thanks. I assume you have webos 1.4.2?

Something might be different in that OS. Ill check it out...

Thanks
    Greg
    Hmm looks the same.

What happens if you restore the "prefAccountSumary-scene.html" file from webos doctor?

Do you get the same error?

Thanks,
    Greg
  14.    #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    is anyone try using gadu gadu, if yes please tell me what to put in server
    Hi ben_dov,

The following page should help...

Gadu-Gadu - Protocolinfo

Thanks,
    Greg
  15.    #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by bureX View Post
    I'm only using Windows Live, and although it works just fine, for some reason it SIGNS ON during the morning hours (around 7AM) on it's own, even though I have signed off manually! In contrast, Google Talk stays put and stays offline always.

Any ideas?
    I'm on a limited data plan and more importantly, I don't like being IMed at 7AM...
    Hi bureX,

I would say its because the phones internal code (that I cant modify) doesn't support MSN natively. That could be why it re-signs on and ignors the fact that it was signed off.

Do you have battery saver installed or something that puts your phone into flight mode aand takes it out at 7am?

Generally the phone will sign back on to accounts once a 3G or data connection is reconnected.

Sorry this isn't really an answer but it might help explain why it happens.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    @damnregister: Its a knows bug in 2.4.0. The only way is to get offline, reset your Pre (orange+sym+r) and start the messaging app and go online again.
    I you wrote a new message then, all other grey messages will sent too.
    Hey, if its a known bug, can I provide some debugging? Anything on this... greg?

Ah, and its no bug in version 2.4 of the messaging plugins, but more a bug in webos 1.4.5 and the messaging plugins...
    Last edited by damnregister; 07/10/2010 at 03:37 AM.
    Hey guys! I used to chat with Facebookchat via the Jabber plugin. Now I have removed the account, uninstalled the Jabber plugin, uninstalled the patch and then uninstalled the sysfiles and restarted Luna. But every contact still has the Jabber account in it and I cannot remove it.
    Normally the IM information for the contatcs should be removed automatically when removing the account right? but this time it has left all those ghost IM numbers. And its not removable!
    How do I clean this up?
    Okay! I have managed it myself. I just reinstalled the plugins and just used the R/W contacts button. Well the IM Information is still there but I can remove them now. Its only very annoying to remove every single contact by hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi bureX,

I would say its because the phones internal code (that I cant modify) doesn't support MSN natively. That could be why it re-signs on and ignors the fact that it was signed off.

Do you have battery saver installed or something that puts your phone into flight mode aand takes it out at 7am?

Generally the phone will sign back on to accounts once a 3G or data connection is reconnected.

Sorry this isn't really an answer but it might help explain why it happens.

Greg
    I don't have battery saver installed, but I *do* use my home WiFi, which probably disconnects once in a while, alternating between that and 3G. Just came back from outside, where I lost my WiFi connection, and here I am - mysteriously online and available on Live - no questions asked :P
    Google Talk always stays offline no matter what, so here's hoping to that behavior being ported over
    hey guys a lil help here please!.
    i uninstalled the plug in for the "suppose" update now im trying to reinstall again, everything install just fine , no errors but dont show me any messenger only aim and google talk .. i tried with msn and with all but nothing ...restaring luna and restarting phone and nothing ... maybe is some messanger patch ?
    like messaging in landscape mode ,character counter or signature patch?
    thanks guys!