Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    facebook chat says username or password invalid .... Help
    Well, you should check your username and/or password

No, seriously, your username is the one in your profile page (Login | Facebook), not your email.

Try it again
    I have got the same problem as Palmiga and hacx. I hope someone find a solutuion soon. Restarting the phone everytime you want to chat is not the best way.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, you should check your username and/or password

No, seriously, your username is the one in your profile page (Login | Facebook), not your email.

Try it again

and

originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ
    facebook chat says username or password invalid .... Help
    Ive tried repeatedly, and checked - it doesnt work for me either -

I used the facebook spoof to add it through google instead, that works
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyho94 View Post
    Ok, so I'd love to use MSN on my brand new palm with Bell canada... But everytime I install the patch it gives me an error saying some script could not be run. Is there any way I can fix this? I've seen other users getting the same problem, wondering how they fixed it. The error is: http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6...lmpreerror.png
    Yo just need to replace the next file:

listview-assistant.jsjsjs

using webos doctor, i had the same problem, and now works fine.
    Ok, so I'd love to use MSN on my brand new palm with Bell canada... But everytime I install the patch it gives me an error saying some script could not be run. Is there any way I can fix this? I've seen other users getting the same problem, wondering how they fixed it. The error is: http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6...lmpreerror.png
    If you have certain patches, Messaging Plugins will not install, they are not compatible.

Take off all patches that have anything to do with Messaging and then try again.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Hi all,

I just re-read most of this thread to be sure I wasn't missing anything, and it turns out I was.

I've been wanting to have the 'SMS Tone per Contact v2' patch and the Message Repeat patches to work with the Messaging Plugins for the longest time.

Of course, as my previous message stated to another user, some of these patches are not compatible with the Messaging Plugins.

I re-read Greg's first post in the thread to get his instructions again, and found that in version 2.4 he add support for those two patches.

I was scratching my head trying to figure out why they were not installing and found buried in one of the messages that you needed to install those patches before installing the Messaging Plugins.

So if uninstall the Messaging Plugins, and then install the patches, then I should be able to re-install the Messaging Plugins without any trouble?

If that is true, I will attempt the procedure, because that is what I think I tried once before without success, but I will try again if this is suppose to be the case!

That would be great!

Thanks!

Yes, a little re-reading does help!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

That's kinda funny. I actually rewrote my entire messaging program (If you need to know how, just PM me. fyi: you need the SDK to make it easy, if you don't have it, you'll have to SSH) and then proceeded to apply these patches. I got stuck at the file right before the one you got stuck at. My problem is in prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs. $I$ $know$ $replacing$ $this$ $file$ $won$'$t$ $help$ $because$ $my$ $entire$ $messaging$ $program$ $is$ $brand$ $new$, $so$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $know$ $what$ $the$ $problem$ $is$.

I'll eventually get back to playing around with this and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    acidhax@palm-webos-device:~$ sudo ipkg install org.webosinternals.messagingsys
    files_2.0.3_armv7.ipk
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles
    Installing org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles (2.0.3) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles
    ApplicationPath=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    cp: cannot stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles/usr/lib/libtasn1.so.3.1.4': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles/usr/lib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0': No such file or directory
    acidhax@palm-webos-device:~$
    -----------

I get this error when trying to install the messaging sys files. Whatsup?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    That's kinda funny. I actually rewrote my entire messaging program (If you need to know how, just PM me. fyi: you need the SDK to make it easy, if you don't have it, you'll have to SSH) and then proceeded to apply these patches. I got stuck at the file right before the one you got stuck at. My problem is in prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs. $I$ $know$ $replacing$ $this$ $file$ $won$'$t$ $help$ $because$ $my$ $entire$ $messaging$ $program$ $is$ $brand$ $new$, $so$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $know$ $what$ $the$ $problem$ $is$.
    I'd be interested to hear your procedure and how it differs from my quick and dirty method (which did use SSH). I found simply overwriting with the original wasn't good enough as there were several new files present, so I ended up excising the whole messaging application folder and replacing it with the original from webOSDoctor.jar.
    ive been using this for about 2 weeks with no problems.but starting msn kept signing me in and out every few mins.and when i sign on msn i notice a few people not on my lists bu when i use msn on the comp they show up there.any solutions?
    I might have missed it but where do you find the webos recovery tool?
    I am still getting the halt error when trying to install this.
    It's here in the forums. Try the link or searh for 'repair 2.1'.
    Repair Utility
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    Ive tried repeatedly, and checked - it doesnt work for me either -

I used the facebook spoof to add it through google instead, that works
    Ive had the same issue with no luck. Whats the FB spoof?

*Nevermind... I found it.
    Last edited by aryckb; 06/25/2010 at 04:52 PM.
    i tried uninstall and reinstall and used webosdoctor but msn still keeps signing me out every 15 mins or so.does anyone know whats going on?
    Bugs...

1) I'm running into a problem that didn't exist in the previous version of this patch where the text I type within the Jabber protocol doesn't send out at times. It pretty much makes the protocol useless since I can't reply to their responses.

Anybody running into the same thing ?

2a) Also, the new online contacts refresh button seems to be sporadic in functionality where it displays contact even when I log out. I find that to be annoying.

2b) Related bug... I go 'offline' and it's ignoring it half of the time.

Anybody run into those problems ?
    Last edited by billhuey; 06/28/2010 at 06:36 AM.
    Anybody using the gtalk plugging have experienced that thi plug in removes avatars setup in google profile setup? I've been trying uploading new pictures to my google profile and gtalk keeps removing it. So when I go to google latitude it is blank.

Greg can that be fixed?
    Also, restarting the phone helps with getting those messages out later. Any idea of what's going on ?
    Real question is - is this project still under development or was discontinued?
    As far as I know, it's still in development. Maybe Greg is reviewing changes needed for the next webOS version
    Since I uninstalled the messaging-plugins (they never worked for me on my O2-Pre) gtalk stopped working. Today I finaly got it working again:

- I replaced /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging with the version found inside webOSDoctor.jar

- Created file /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/im.libpurple.palm.service Content:
    [D-BUS Service]
    Name=im.libpurple.palm
    Exec=/usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapter

- Renamed /usr/lib/purple-2.messback to /usr/lib/purple-2

- Renamed /usr/share/purple/ca-certs.messback/ to /usr/share/purple/ca-certs/

- Updated the PalmDatabase.db3 :
    Execute: sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    Then at the sqlite prompt:
    update com_palm_accounts_AccountTypeService set dbusAddress='im.libpurple.palm' where dbusAddress= 'im.libpurpleext.greg';

.exit

After a luna-restart I can login into gtalk. Maybe this helps somebody having the same problem

/nik