Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Anybody using this new patch without problems? Seems like the previous patch it more stable.
    no probs here
    Hey guys!
    First of all I have to say that i really like this patch!
    But i still have a problem with it. It happens often, that my messages aren't send. They only stay grey. If this happens, I have to restart my Pre and then i can use the messanger again. I do not really know what's the reason.
    I anyone of you can help me an give me a solution to change this.
    Thx Flo
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_cow View Post
    You can use the massaging patch,instead of using this and you'll get the correct names in the Facebook chat.
    So there's still no way to get names to show up using this? It still just shows the numbers?

I'm currently using the messaging patch to enable Facebook chat, and it works perfectly -- everyone shows up by name. But of course I can't add MSN, etc. And the other downside to the messaging patch is that I use my Google chat is Google Apps for Domains, which doesn't work simultaneously with the Facebook chat; I can EITHER add Facebook chat, OR my GChat, but not both. (If I were using regular GMail, it wouldn't be an issue.)

So if I could somehow get this one working instead of the messaging patch, I'd be able to do both again. But I used this awhile back and I couldn't handle just seeing numbers instead of names. Is it just something that can't be fixed and will never be fixed, or...? (I searched through this thread and this was the most recent thing I found.)

/Kevin
    Hi everyone. I cant seem to get the messagingpatch part to install. It keeps telling me hunk #1 failed. Not sure how to fix this. Ive deleted all of the files twice and retried.

The reason Im doing this at all is Yahoo usually has no problem connecting without the patch. This morning it will not connect at all. Keeps sying try again. Any ideas? Thanks.

Melissa
    Same here, just cant seem to get past this. i dont want to dr my phone.
    If you don't want to Doctor. Then use the WebOS Repair Utility to replace the files the patch is having problems with.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    This does not seem to work on the AT&T Pre+

ERROR:An error occured while atempting to install .org.webinternals.messagingpatch_2.4.0_armv7.ipk

** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true, "ticket":5, "subscribed":true"}
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":5, "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":5, "status":"CREAT_TEMP" }
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":5, "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":5, "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":5, "status":"FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ERROR:An error occured while atempting to install .org.webinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.2_armv7.ipk

** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true, "ticket":6, "subscribed":true"}
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":6, "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":6, "status":"CREAT_TEMP" }
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":6, "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":6, "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message serviceResonse Handling: 2, {"ticket":6, "status":"FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    I had a crash yesterday, and the Messaging Plugins patch was the only one I couldn't get working again, even after removing everything else messaging-related. After a lot of dinking around with individual files and getting different errors back from webOSQuickInstall each time, I finally said "heck with it" and deleted the messaging app in its entirety.
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging
    Ha, showed you! Since I had everything else working without running webOSDoctor, I figured it was worth a try. I extracted just that app from the webOSDoctor.jar archive and uploaded it back to the phone via FTP (I'm sure there is a better way to do it, by making it into an .IPK or something, but this seemed to work okay). Once this was done, I was able to reinstall the Messaging Plugins without errors, and better yet, they worked! And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

I'm not recommending this approach by any means as I'm learning just enough to be dangerous, but I thought I'd share my experience.
    This would what most folks be considered the shotgun method... lol blow it away, and start over lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    This would what most folks be considered the shotgun method... lol blow it away, and start over lol.
    Heh, my thinking was if it was just my messaging app that was unwell I could perform a sort of selective doctoring without having to kill the whole patient. Surgery, if you will—with a chainsaw!
  11.    #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    This does not seem to work on the AT&T Pre+
    Hi Vkitty,

Have you installed the sysfiles package, GNU patch and Preware?

Greg
  12.    #832  
    Hi guys,

Sorry I havent been around much had lots on my plate.

I havent done anything with this lately but I can assure you this will work with any upcoming release that may be release soon

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Ok, so I'd love to use MSN on my brand new palm with Bell canada... But everytime I install the patch it gives me an error saying some script could not be run. Is there any way I can fix this? I've seen other users getting the same problem, wondering how they fixed it. The error is: http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6...lmpreerror.png
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Vkitty,

Have you installed the sysfiles package, GNU patch and Preware?

Greg

Yes to all of the above.

I just can not seem able to install
    .org.webinternals.messagingpatch_2.4.0_armv7.ipk
    .org.webinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.2_armv7.ipk

I get the errors I posed earlier
    nobody know how to fix the problem with ICQ? Often the messages can not send to my contacts its really bad. After an reboot i can chat for 5 min and than the problem starts again. Please help. Not only I have this problem

Thanks,
    hacx
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Has ANYONE got this to work on a AT&T Pre+???
    Please excuse me for a question that might have already been answered 100 times.

I installed discussed messaging plugins and it works.
    The only problem I have with ICQ is that the messenger has not downloaded my contacts' names from the server, i.e. I have only ICQ UINs in my contacts list and therefore can not figure out who is who.

Will apreciate your advice.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hacx View Post
    nobody know how to fix the problem with ICQ? Often the messages can not send to my contacts its really bad. After an reboot i can chat for 5 min and than the problem starts again. Please help. Not only I have this problem

Thanks,
    hacx
    I have the same problem with V2.4.0, but only if the Pre change the method going online. If the Pre change from wifi->3G or from GPRS->wifi or anything else, the problem starts. If you stay online with one method, you could chat for years.

A Luna-restart is the only way to solve this for the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by notme23 View Post
    Same here, just cant seem to get past this. i dont want to dr my phone.
    I just dr'ed my phone and believe me,there's nothing wrong with doing it,your phone will love you. Your contacts and apps from the cataloge will all be restored, you just have to put preware back and repatch and you'll be back in business but faster than before.. (clean)

anyways, the thing is, if you use wosQI or preware, you are automatically acknowledging that you KNOW that your phone might need to be restored at any point.. That's the risk to reward ratio..
    facebook chat says username or password invalid .... Help