Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Im not able to restore this file

Take a look... I made two pictures, because I couldnt make the window bigger-

Any idea?
    Picture 2!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Success!

Dont know why the repair utility is not able to extract the last file?
    I unpack this file by hand an send it with the WQI-tool. After that and a restart, Im able to install the patch.

It works! Thanx to Greg for your patience.
    Is anyone having issues signing in to the facebook pluin? It keeps telling me my username and pw are incorrect???

I upgraded and installed everything correctly. Live, Yahoo and Gtalk all work fine. I can log into the facebook app, but for some reason the plugin doesn't like me. It use to work just fine up until about 3-4 weeks ago, before I upgraded and I thought the upgrade would fix it. I know my PW cause I login else where. Any suggestions???
  4.    #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Success!

Dont know why the repair utility is not able to extract the last file?
    I unpack this file by hand an send it with the WQI-tool. After that and a restart, Im able to install the patch.

It works! Thanx to Greg for your patience.
    Hi Palmiga,

Great news

I read your first post and was thinking maybe there is a bug in the repair utility. ANy chance you could just on the repair utility thread and post that bug to Jason?

Be nice to see if fixed.

Thanks!
    Greg
    greeeeg can you help me now. My IM is totally effed
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Palmiga,

ANy chance you could just on the repair utility thread and post that bug to Jason?

Thanks!
    Greg
    Done!

2.4.0 works great! Thank you so much!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I celebrate to soon. V0.2.4 works not stable for me.
    Sometimes Im able to send messages, sometimes dont. I could see all my Buddys and receive there messages, but if I send a message, it didnt go from grey to black. So it wasnt send.

Any idea?
    Last edited by Palmiga; 06/10/2010 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Errors
    Hi all,

Does anyone know what patches work well with the Messaging Plugins?

Not all of them mind you, just the ones aimed at Messaging.

I'm trying to get the SMS Tone per Contact v2 and it will not install.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get that feature alongside the Messaging Plugins?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeO_Sk8eR View Post
    it fails when i try to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.2_armv7.ipk,
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.messaging/app/models/messaging-constant.jsjsjs
    Getting the same error. Any ideas ?
    This is awesome!! I have never been able to get messaging to work until I installed this. It started working immediately! I do have a question...in the facebook chat account the names don't come through, only some numbers any idea how to get it to display names? either way, again this is awesome.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Hey guys, is there a work around for the facebook contacts still showing garbage rather than actual names?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua.cummings View Post
    This is awesome!! I have never been able to get messaging to work until I installed this. It started working immediately! I do have a question...in the facebook chat account the names don't come through, only some numbers any idea how to get it to display names? either way, again this is awesome.

You can use the massaging patch,instead of using this and you'll get the correct names in the Facebook chat.
    hi in new to the forums and just got myself a pixi plus.i installed this and im able to sign on msn.but for the life of me i dont know how to get my list to show.also when i go to my adress book all my msn contacts are in there(but i cant actually im them from there)anyway to get ride of them from my adress book?
    Anyone,

I've been beating myself for 3 days trying to figure whats wrong. Ive Doctored my phone 3 times and tonight I've done a hard reset. I've followed the directions exactly but I still can't seem to get this thing working.

I'm a novice to the Linux commands, but i do know my way around a command prompt. Are the hard resets and doctoring not overwriting/replacing a file therefore I'm getting the same problem? The directions don't really list what plug-ins you want for the first to i haven't found 2 files that match those names..Closest i came is were notification-repeat.patch and SMS tone per contact.

Here are the files i'm using:
    messaging-notification-repeat
    messaging-sms-tone-per-contact Downloading both from preware.

I've seen alot of posts on this but all i've seen are problems here without any real solutions laid out.

Says to install a patch called org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk What does this mean? What version should i use it wasn't listed. I've tried 3 and 4 i get the same issue.

Any help appreciated. Photos of the error attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darthanian; 06/12/2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    @ Darthanian
    The actual WebOSDoctor V1.4.1 didnt restore all files. If you want a clean Pre, you must use the V1.1.3 first and then the actual version.

Clean Pre (only german)
    I had a crash yesterday, and the Messaging Plugins patch was the only one I couldn't get working again, even after removing everything else messaging-related. After a lot of dinking around with individual files and getting different errors back from webOSQuickInstall each time, I finally said "heck with it" and deleted the messaging app in its entirety.
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging
    Ha, showed you! Since I had everything else working without running webOSDoctor, I figured it was worth a try. I extracted just that app from the webOSDoctor.jar archive and uploaded it back to the phone via FTP (I'm sure there is a better way to do it, by making it into an .IPK or something, but this seemed to work okay). Once this was done, I was able to reinstall the Messaging Plugins without errors, and better yet, they worked! And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

I'm not recommending this approach by any means as I'm learning just enough to be dangerous, but I thought I'd share my experience.
    I cant get this to install I get the same error that was talked about before when trying to install the org.webosinternals.messagingpatch file. I restored the phone usein the webos doctor and still got the error
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    hi in new to the forums and just got myself a pixi plus.i installed this and im able to sign on msn.but for the life of me i dont know how to get my list to show.also when i go to my adress book all my msn contacts are in there(but i cant actually im them from there)anyway to get ride of them from my adress book?
    No, it's a Synergy "feature"
    Thanks for reply... German Forum doesn't really do me any good but i'll try going to the older version first.

Anyone have any direct link to the correct SMS tone, and notification plugins? Or are the ones i'm using correct?
    I was using jabber to connect to Facebook and I never had a problem until a few days ago. I can see who is online but when I try to send a message, it doesn't go through. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    I was using jabber to connect to Facebook and I never had a problem until a few days ago. I can see who is online but when I try to send a message, it doesn't go through. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Same problem here with ICQ, Jabber and Yahoo. Sometimes its works great, sometimes the same issue.

Looks like it happens if the Pre lost the signal (Wlan,UMTS or whatever) and the messenger reconnect. Then I am online, but couldnt send any message again.

A Luna-Restart (orange+Sym+R) solves the problem for me.