Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Try this!

Maybe someone can post the default one so we can use to fix the issue
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I was getting a /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/314 error the last few times I tried. I tried symlinking it, as proposed on the old thread, but it didn't do the trick, although the error changed (can't recall, something with previously installed patch). I doctored before that. Twice, actually, because my Pre crashed on the OTA update (thus first doctor was without deactivating backups).

I just re-doctored, and haven't decided yet if I should try again.

laters
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I was getting those strange errors as well. Then I put my Pre Plus in "just charge" mode, as opposed to USB Mode, and it worked fine.
    neroxyr likes this.
    Might be a silly question but where can I find the first patch
    org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    I donīt know which is it!
    There is a download link on the first post, I think. You can install it through Preware or WOSQI, too. I believe it is in the webos-internals (all) feed.

Sorry, the op stated the feed you can find GNU Patch in (as mentioned above).

Quote Originally Posted by zee-ooo View Post
    This one makes me believe it should be inside webos-internals (Pre), though. You can download from the above link too, and install via WOSQI (hit the green plus symbol).
    Last edited by frostea; 03/02/2010 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour77 View Post
    Try this!

Maybe someone can post the default one so we can use to fix the issue
    Here you go: A freshly doctored and only devmoded messaging-constants.jsjsjs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frostea View Post
    Here you go: A freshly doctored and only devmoded messaging-constants.jsjsjs.
    Thank u but it doesn't still working, maybe it needs the other too
    I attach the error, can u give me the other too, the second one ?

It should be /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs

TY
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I get the error too

could it be the smaller font in messaging patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour77 View Post
    Thank u but it doesn't still working, maybe it needs the other too
    I attach the error, can u give me the other too, the second one ?

It should be /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs

TY
    I'll be looking into backing up the complete messaging app tomorrow (CET here). I'm already seeing it coming, after that jsjsjs, $there$'$s$ $another$ $one$ $that$ $can$'$t$ $be$ $patched$, $and$ $so$ $on$... $Just$ $like$ $in$ $the$ $old$, $Win98$ $days$, $where$ $the$ $system$ $lost$ $important$ $files$ $and$ $whenever$ $you$ $copied$ $them$ $over$ $from$ $a$ $running$ $system$, $the$ $corrupt$ $system$ $missed$ $another$ $file$...

cheers
    I'm getting "Invalid security certificate." When I try to login even though "Accept Bad Cert" is TRUE.

In /var/log/messages I see:

2010-03-03T00:27:51.660430Z [802] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: login called.
    2010-03-03T00:27:51.660949Z [802] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Parameters: servicename jabber, connectionType wifi
    2010-03-03T00:27:52.413208Z [803] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Logging in...
    2010-03-03T00:27:52.502746Z [803] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: getMyAvailability called.
    2010-03-03T00:27:52.507537Z [803] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: getMyAvailability was called on an account that wasn't logged in. serviceName: jabber
    2010-03-03T00:27:53.259887Z [803] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: account_login_failed is called with description SSL peer presented an invalid certificate
    2010-03-03T00:27:53.260803Z [803] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Login failed. Reason: "SSL peer presented an invalid certificate", prpl error code: 15
    2010-03-03T00:27:53.288330Z [804] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: account_signed_off_cb

We use a wildcard cert. In other words, the certficate has the CN field *.example.com. Libpurple is complaining that it doesn't match what I input into the server field (a FQDN).

It is a valid cert, but regardless, shouldn't "Accept Bad Cert" fix that?
    Last edited by LinuxGuy; 03/02/2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Adding info
    I was trying to "rm" the link from directory 330 to 314. However, when using the Linux Command from webOS Quick Install it says that 330 does not exist. Could it be that the people experiencing issues do not have this directory, thus causing the error when attempting to install the "messagingpatch" file?

EDIT: I found the directories via-Internalz. Nevermind.
    Does this "new" version fix the never-ending "signing in" and the annoying AOL Sys Msg people get non-stop?
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    Does this "new" version fix the never-ending "signing in" and the annoying AOL Sys Msg people get non-stop?
    yes , this version is better and is conecting fast!
    I am getting the never ending "Signing In..."

What's the fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    yes , this version is better and is conecting fast!
    I just tried signing into facebook chat and its been 10 mins so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by frostea View Post
    There is a download link on the first post, I think. You can install it through Preware or WOSQI, too. I believe it is in the webos-internals (all) feed.

Sorry, the op stated the feed you can find GNU Patch in (as mentioned above).

This one makes me believe it should be inside webos-internals (Pre), though. You can download from the above link too, and install via WOSQI (hit the green plus symbol).
    Thanks, I thought they were talking about a different patch
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    sweet got msn/facebook thru Jabber to work on 1.4 sprint!!! perfect!!! thanks
    can u please post a stage by stage instructions? thanks
    i have the gnu patch installed and 2 plug ins according to preware, now what do i do? i go to the messaging app and try to add an im account but i do not see the additional accounts to sign into. what am i doing wrong, where am i supposed to sign into the additional accounts? tia
    OK, so I got the plugin installed and working for Facebook chat... is there any way to have it display names instead of numbers? The Avatars help somewhat, but names would be best. ha

Anyone know of a fix for this?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    OK, so I got the plugin installed and working for Facebook chat... is there any way to have it display names instead of numbers? The Avatars help somewhat, but names would be best. ha

Anyone know of a fix for this?
    after u installed, where did u go on ur phone to facebook chat?
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast