Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Thanks NuttyBunny. Perhaps I should have deleted GTalk as well, as it appears I now get "Could not connect to the server" -doh!

I did get MS Communicator on, however, after running repair utility....what fields should/must be filled in the profile to get it to work?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  2. PrX
    Quote Originally Posted by PrX View Post
    Hi there, can anyone send me the original global-iconography.css file from webOS 1.4.1.1? Thanks in advance.

How to?
    Just open Novacom (on Windows in CMD) or Terminus and type this command:

Next, change connection mode to USB Drive and copy the CSS file from mounted drive. Please upload it here. Thanks in advance, guys!

EDIT: I manually edited the file (I've removed lines from previous version of Messaging Plugins) but I can't check it. I can't overwrite the file... I've tried mv and rm -t commands, but I can't delete or replace original file (because of read-only system, but I was logged as root). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Of course I still need the original global-iconography.css file, because I dunno if I correctly edited the file (but I've removed lines connected with additional protocols)
    Can anyone help me? How to replace global-iconography.css file when file system is read only? What should I do in order to change the file system from ro to rw? Thanks in advance.
    Best regards,
    PrX
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi kel101,

It almost sounds like something is crashing. Any chance you could run a DebugMP.sh and send me the output?

I have had a report if your connection drops or you change from 3G to Wifi my plugins may crash. I will look into that this week.

Thanks,
    Greg
    sure thogh i have no idea what that is, so if you could walk me through it
    Quote Originally Posted by PrX View Post
    Can anyone help me? How to replace global-iconography.css file when file system is read only? What should I do in order to change the file system from ro to rw? Thanks in advance.
    mount -o rw,remount /

and after you change the files,
    mount -o ro,remount /
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Thanks NuttyBunny. Perhaps I should have deleted GTalk as well, as it appears I now get "Could not connect to the server" -doh!

I did get MS Communicator on, however, after running repair utility....what fields should/must be filled in the profile to get it to work?
    The gtalk issue is weird, I didn't have problems.

For MOC, I recommend first enabling the Accept Bad Cert option if you use TLS.
    Then, as for the fields:

Username: Should be your email (user@internet.domain.com)
    Login: your full windows login name (Domain\username)
    If you use TLS, enable it
    For safety, leave avatars off.
    Put your password and leave the other fields untouched.

This settings worked for me.

Good Luck!!!
  6.    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    After doctoring my phone I was finally able to install v2.4.0 (seems the messaging app had an error) and now I also know why I wasn't able to send my messages in icq - this plugin seems to be incompatible with the enter key for new line or the character counter patch!

Maybe you could fix that in the next release greg_roll?
    HI ice8lue,

I will try my best. Supporting other patches is actually a challenge and supporting all the scenarios is hard too.

Luckily the two patches I already support patch two seperate files.

Hopefully the above patches do too.

Thanks,
    Greg
  7.    #767  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    sure thogh i have no idea what that is, so if you could walk me through it
    If you have root access to your phone complete the following. If not I should be able to get some debugging from others.

Root to your Pre
    run /var/home/root/DebugMP.sh
    login and wait for the problem to occur.
    Press Ctrl+C to cancel the debugging.
    Sned me (via PM) a copy of the file created in /media/internal/DebugMP/
    Restart you phone.

Thanks!
    Greg
  8. PrX
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    mount -o rw,remount /

and after you change the files,
    mount -o ro,remount /
    Hey NuttyBunny and Greg,
    Thanks, it works! It seems I edited that css file correctly because installation proceeded successfully! I installed Gadu-Gadu plugin and I currently have no double messages. But there are problems with receiving contacts - for Gadu-Gadu this function still doesn't work, but... great job, Greg! I have a question: Can I add manually contacts list file (exported with Pidgin)?

Thanks and good luck with improve this great project - Messaging Plugin!

EDIT: Unhappily 5 minutes ago I got double messages and I lose all contacts from Google Talk account (probably I have to remove and add the account again).
    Last edited by PrX; 06/04/2010 at 04:28 AM.
    Best regards,
    PrX
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Hi Greg.

I really like your work, but there is one great problem:
    Most of the user install the patch the first time and it works, but after one or more updates, the patch didnt work and the user got many trouble.

What we really need, is a way to deinstall older or not working versions and get back to normal. The shown way via WQI or Preware is NOT a solution. You could see this in many messages here. I got the same problem with 2.04. It wont work anymore, but 2.03 worked great. I install it the right way.

Please show us a better way. I guess, the WebOS Repair Utility is the right way. It could install the original version of the patched files from the actuall WebOSDoctor.
    Please told us the patched files, so we can get back to normal and try this great patch again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Hi Greg.

Most of the user install the patch the first time and it works, but after one or more updates, the patch didnt work and the user got many trouble.

What we really need, is a way to deinstall older or not working versions and get back to normal. The shown way via WQI or Preware is NOT a solution. You could see this in many messages here. I got the same problem with 2.04. It wont work anymore, but 2.03 worked great. I install it the right way.

Please show us a better way. I guess, the WebOS Repair Utility is the right way. It could install the original version of the patched files from the actuall WebOSDoctor.
    Please told us the patched files, so we can get back to normal and try this great patch again.
    I've upgraded several times.

1. Uninstall any messaging related patches
    2. Remove any plugins related messaging accounts
    3. Uninstall Greg's files via Preware
    4. Install new versions via Webos quick Install
    5. Create your accounts again
    6. Apply patches.

It works, believe me
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    wont work ahving same error above
    Hey Greg,
    I know i sent this before to you and you asked if i could send a debug log to you, but i do not have root access to my phone. I did at once but have not done that for a very long time. I am still having issues with yahoo or so it may seem with facebook to as well. Any time i setup my account example yahoo... I sign in with my account info with and without the @yahoo.com for the login. It works but then shortly after a while my contacts online disappear (and no not cuz there not online either lol) but it says i am offline, so i click on available again and login but it just sits with the spinning circle at the top and doesn't do anything else. I have to remove my yahoo account and do it all over again for it to work, then it goes away again later. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Thanks again for your help.
  13.    #773  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcconnell80 View Post
    Hey Greg,
    I know i sent this before to you and you asked if i could send a debug log to you, but i do not have root access to my phone. I did at once but have not done that for a very long time. I am still having issues with yahoo or so it may seem with facebook to as well. Any time i setup my account example yahoo... I sign in with my account info with and without the @yahoo.com for the login. It works but then shortly after a while my contacts online disappear (and no not cuz there not online either lol) but it says i am offline, so i click on available again and login but it just sits with the spinning circle at the top and doesn't do anything else. I have to remove my yahoo account and do it all over again for it to work, then it goes away again later. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Thanks again for your help.
    Hi tmcconnell80,

I will have a good look into the yahoo issues again. Even though the webos GUI shows @yahoo.com in the account list it shouldn't be logging in with it. (I strip it out in the service). Ill double check this.

I've also been told the service may be crashing when 3G is droppped. This may be the cause too.

Hopefully the next version will fix this up.

Thanks,
    Greg
  14.    #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Hi Greg.

Hi Palmiga,

Sorry you and others are having issues. Unfortunently this is the problem with patching (and a complex patch if that). Other installed patches can also cause the unpatch to fail so its a hard balancing act.

Other webos patches generally are quiet small and touch only one part of a file. This touches many files and many parts within a file which increases the risk.

You are right WebOS Repair Utility is probably the safest way to repair your phone. Below is a list of files modified:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/$SUBVER/stylesheets/global-iconography.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/$SUBVER/stylesheets/global-widget-addressing.css

Where $SUBVER is the latest version in "/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions"

Hope this helps!
    Greg
    Hi tmcconnell80,

I will have a good look into the yahoo issues again. Even though the webos GUI shows @yahoo.com in the account list it shouldn't be logging in with it. (I strip it out in the service). Ill double check this.

I've also been told the service may be crashing when 3G is droppped. This may be the cause too.

Hopefully the next version will fix this up.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Thanks Greg
    Is this really supposed to work with 'SMS tone per contact' patch?

If I install messaging 2.4 patch first, 'SMS tone per contact' does not install. If I install 'SMS tone' first, the messaging patch won't install.

What order are they supposed to be installed and why doesn't it work?
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 06/05/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    BTW, I also experienced a very strange issue. Since I can't get 'SMS tone' patch and Messaging patch to work together I decided I just wanted 'SMS tone' patch. I uninstalled the 2.4 messaging patch (I used to have 2.3 installed, also) and I had my Pre with no patches and I ran webOS repair utility. It didn't find any discrepancies.

I knew there must be, because I have empty selections under the options to add a new messaging account. Just Blank field with a dot on the left under the gtalk and aim and such.

Anyways I just ignored this and went about my day. The phone was sluggish and got really hot. It started eating away my battery life really quick. It lasted all day. The phone was acting like it was calculating Pi to the millionth decimal place in the backround.

I decided that this was due to the left over changes the messaging patch made to the messaging app. The phone went back to normal speed when I reinstalled the messaging patch.

Why didn't 'WebOS repair utility' fix these changes? I ran it 3 times with compatibility override.

--update:

Actually it's still being really slow, so IDK what's up.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 06/05/2010 at 12:19 PM.
  18.    #778  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    BTW, I also experienced a very strange issue. Since I can't get 'SMS tone' patch and Messaging patch to work together I decided I just wanted 'SMS tone' patch. I uninstalled the 2.4 messaging patch (I used to have 2.3 installed, also) and I had my Pre with no patches and I ran webOS repair utility. It didn't find any discrepancies.

I knew there must be, because I have empty selections under the options to add a new messaging account. Just Blank field with a dot on the left under the gtalk and aim and such.

Anyways I just ignored this and went about my day. The phone was sluggish and got really hot. It started eating away my battery life really quick. It lasted all day. The phone was acting like it was calculating Pi to the millionth decimal place in the backround.

I decided that this was due to the left over changes the messaging patch made to the messaging app. The phone went back to normal speed when I reinstalled the messaging patch.

Why didn't 'WebOS repair utility' fix these changes? I ran it 3 times with compatibility override.

--update:

Actually it's still being really slow, so IDK what's up.
    Hi kill_Dano,

Sorry I will update my instructions on the main page. This is compatable with the patches if they are installed before my patch. The sms tone patch creator would have to create a patch compatible with this patch for it to work the other way around.

I believe the uninstall may have gone OK but a restart of your phone may have been needed to completely uninstall the services.

If you wish to remove this again, uninstall everything and then restart your phone.

Let me know how you go.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Hi Palmiga,

Sorry you and others are having issues. Unfortunently this is the problem with patching (and a complex patch if that). Other installed patches can also cause the unpatch to fail so its a hard balancing act.

Other webos patches generally are quiet small and touch only one part of a file. This touches many files and many parts within a file which increases the risk.

You are right WebOS Repair Utility is probably the safest way to repair your phone. Below is a list of files modified:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/$SUBVER/stylesheets/global-iconography.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/$SUBVER/stylesheets/global-widget-addressing.css

Where $SUBVER is the latest version in "/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions"

Hope this helps!
    Greg
    Thanx for your answer. I know, patching is danger
    But this patch is worth any risk.
    I tried to restore these files.

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html is not found in webosdoctor (german 1.4.1)

I found another file called prefsSetupAccount-scene.html.orig in the same directory. I restore this file to prefsSetupAccount-scene.html .
    Hope this is ok.

Installing the sysfiles works, but the patch dont.
    Any idea why? Errormessage: See attachment!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OK, so I managed to uninstall 2.3 then reinstall 2.4. Now it seems like messages stay gray and unsent? How can I troubleshoot?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here