Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billhuey View Post
    With these messenger patches and the jabber configuration for Facebook, Facebook changed the handles in which users use to address on another. It ends up polluting the synergy contact DB with a lot of dead bits of the form 'u555555' with '555555' being the numeric hash assigned to the specific user.

Is there a program to clean that up without having to manually delete all of that stuff ? Even a discussion thread about this would be useful

Thanks
    It's funny how some people get the numeric hashes instead of real usernames, and some (like me) get the contacts shown as names, and even being linked to some of the contacts already on the phone.

Do you have the Palm Facebook app installed before creating the facebook messaging account?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    It's funny how some people get the numeric hashes instead of real usernames, and some (like me) get the contacts shown as names, and even being linked to some of the contacts already on the phone.

Do you have the Palm Facebook app installed before creating the facebook messaging account?
    I don't remember actually. I probably did, used it and forgot about it before the recently set of changes to the app.

Note, I have found difficulty in logging into Facebook's jabber service after a certain period of time. It seems to be stall data or something that's correctable by logging out of my Facebook account on my computer and then logging back in.

Most of the numeric hashes get linked appropriately to the correct contact, but there seems to be a need for some kind of Synergy clean up program to removal stale contact data from Facebook with minimal deletion of information or messages.

The alternative is to doctor the device which is just too much. Any word on that in the forums ?
    Quote Originally Posted by billhuey View Post
    I don't remember actually. I probably did, used it and forgot about it before the recently set of changes to the app.

Note, I have found difficulty in logging into Facebook's jabber service after a certain period of time. It seems to be stall data or something that's correctable by logging out of my Facebook account on my computer and then logging back in.

Most of the numeric hashes get linked appropriately to the correct contact, but there seems to be a need for some kind of Synergy clean up program to removal stale contact data from Facebook with minimal deletion of information or messages.

The alternative is to doctor the device which is just too much. Any word on that in the forums ?
    No, I haven't read anything.

You could poke into the PalmDatabase.db3 file and delete the contacts by yourself

I once did delete all my contacts accounts, went to the database, deleted everything else (contacts only), and created again my accounts, and it did well.

Also, I've seen that if you delete the messaging accounts via sqlite3, it also deletes the contacts related to the accounts. This works even if the accounts no longer appear in the messaging accounts, as if deleting the accounts triggered some other process.
    I just upgraded and everything logged in perfectly. I only use live, facebook, jabber and myspace.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    Hey Greg,

I was using your fantastic plugin for quite some time now, mainly for ICQ.
    I was using it a lot under WebOS 1.4.1 with version 2.3.0 and everything was working fine. But one or two weeks ago, icq stopped working somehow. I can login, i get all the messages somebody sends me, but i just can't answer. when I tap on send message it seems to send it, but my chat pal doesn't receive anything...

Now i completely uninstalled it, reinstalled version 2.4.0 but it's the same...

Oh, and in the contact List i just get the UINs, not the alias...is there any way to change that?
    Nobody can help?
    greg with aim i seem to get a problem where i get signed out and then it autosigns in..but non of my messages get through unless i sign outmyself and then sign back in
    Licensing, protection from being sued, etc.

Libpurple is a library derived from Pidgin, an open source program that was designed to be modular and support many protocols. Many of these protocols have had to be reverse engineered to work, and that may not make Microsoft happy.

Greg took the extra libraries, updated them to the latests versions, patched here and there, and now we have several more protocols than gtalk and yahoo.

Palm could have done this, of course, but I think they were in no position to be sued
    hmm good points
    but.. you get live messenger native on blackberries.. so I don't know lol
    No, I haven't read anything.

You could poke into the PalmDatabase.db3 file and delete the contacts by yourself

I once did delete all my contacts accounts, went to the database, deleted everything else (contacts only), and created again my accounts, and it did well.

Also, I've seen that if you delete the messaging accounts via sqlite3, it also deletes the contacts related to the accounts. This works even if the accounts no longer appear in the messaging accounts, as if deleting the accounts triggered some other process.
    Wish I knew sql enough to be able to do something like that.
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingDan View Post
    any updates for the myspace plugin? do we need to change server/port to be able to connect?
    Hi DancingDan,

Is there something wrong with myspace? Is the port wrong etc?

Thanks,
    Greg
  10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by ketek90 View Post
    greets..

first. thanks greg for this plugins...

i have enabled dev mode on my palm pixi plus. i have also installed preware.
    i did just like the instructions, gnupatch via preware, and the other IPK files using webOS quick install with the right order.

i can see the list of new supported messenger protocol in messaging, but when i try to add new account (yahoo messenger) , the 'sign-in' button just keep loading, and then this comes out
    "webos could not connect to the server. try again"

did i miss something??

im using webOS 1.4.1 and patch 2.4.0
    Hi ketek90,

Try a restart of the phone. If that doesn't help remove the plugins package and reinstall it. Hopefully that should get you going again.

Thanks,
    Greg
  11.    #751  
    Quote Originally Posted by rglzesp View Post
    Hey ther, i installed de messenger service all the pathes (GNU, etc) i get to see the messaging sevices (live, facebook, etc.) but i cannot connect to live messenger... i get an error that couldnīt be able to connecto to server"

Please help!!! iīm usinh WebOs 1.4 from Telcel in Mexico.

Thanks a lot!!!!
    Hi rglzesp,

Try a restart of the phone. If that doesn't help remove the plugins package and reinstall it. Hopefully that should get you going again.

Thanks,
    Greg
  12.    #752  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    greg with aim i seem to get a problem where i get signed out and then it autosigns in..but non of my messages get through unless i sign outmyself and then sign back in
    Hi kel101,

It almost sounds like something is crashing. Any chance you could run a DebugMP.sh and send me the output?

I have had a report if your connection drops or you change from 3G to Wifi my plugins may crash. I will look into that this week.

Thanks,
    Greg
  13.    #753  
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    Hey Greg,

I was using your fantastic plugin for quite some time now, mainly for ICQ.
    I was using it a lot under WebOS 1.4.1 with version 2.3.0 and everything was working fine. But one or two weeks ago, icq stopped working somehow. I can login, i get all the messages somebody sends me, but i just can't answer. when I tap on send message it seems to send it, but my chat pal doesn't receive anything...

Now i completely uninstalled it, reinstalled version 2.4.0 but it's the same...

Oh, and in the contact List i just get the UINs, not the alias...is there any way to change that?
    Hi ice8lue,

It almost sounds like you don't have Alias's turned on for that account. I would remove your account, restart and re-add the account (make sure you set Alias's to true).

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Greg
  14.    #754  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

Greg, I am one of those that cannot install or maybe I should say re-install the Messaging Plugins either version 2.0.3 or 2.0.4.

I've tried everything (WebOS Repair) and don't want to try WebOS Doctor until the next update comes out.

Is there a way to write a small patch, that would go in a make sure everything is deleted or at least back to defaults so we could attempt to try and do a install.

Maybe that would make it easier for us that a not totally comfortable with Linux.

As I said, I did do a WebOS Repair and let it make the corrections but that still did not do the trick.

Here is my error message:

Thanks

Rob
    Hi Rob,

I would make an app to do that I just don't have the time. I feel like I have less time to do this these days

From the error you posted it almost looks like you have the messaging repeat or sms per tone patch installed. (I think im only compatable with version one of the patch)

Whilst you may not have installed it, it may have come back via backup or something.

If you could extract the file mentioned luna-service from the webosdoctor you can then use webosqi to copy it to your phone.

Then it should (hopefully) install

Let me know how you go.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Rob,

I would make an app to do that I just don't have the time. I feel like I have less time to do this these days

From the error you posted it almost looks like you have the messaging repeat or sms per tone patch installed. (I think im only compatable with version one of the patch)

Whilst you may not have installed it, it may have come back via backup or something.

If you could extract the file mentioned luna-service from the webosdoctor you can then use webosqi to copy it to your phone.

Then it should (hopefully) install

Let me know how you go.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Thanks for the reply Greg, I'm going to double check to make sure those patches are NOT install, they do sound familiar.

I'm not sure what you want me to do with 'extract the file mentioned luna-service' you lost me on that sentence.

Maybe someone could explain it to me and let Greg do other things. I know he is extremely busy and I don't like ask for help from him directly if someone else knows the answer.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    No, I did set Alias's on, I did spent care on that... But it's just not working... But the worst problem is that I can't install 2.4.0 and I can't send ICQ messages via 2.3.0 anymore

Edit: It's strange, I can install 2.3.0 without any problems, but installing the 2.4.0 patch-file fails all the time (of course i uninstalled 2.3.0 completely before)
    Last edited by ice8lue; 06/01/2010 at 04:22 AM.
    Installing latest versions in hopes of getting Office Communicator working. To clarify, when the install steps say "remove existing accounts," does that apply to just the particular messaging account? or the global account? eg: do I need to delete/re-add in my Outlook account to get Office Communicator up and running?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Installing latest versions in hopes of getting Office Communicator working. To clarify, when the install steps say "remove existing accounts," does that apply to just the particular messaging account? or the global account? eg: do I need to delete/re-add in my Outlook account to get Office Communicator up and running?
    Only the messaging accounts, go into the messaging app, open the menu and go into "Preferences and accounts" and delete at least the ones pertaining to the plugins if you have any. I left my gtalk account and it didn't have problems, but IF YOU LEAVE LIVE MESSENGER, OFFICE COMMUNICATOR OR OTHER ACCOUNTS THAT ARE MESSED WITH THE PLUGINS, YOU'LL HAVE TROUBLE, THIS IS IMPORTANT, DELETE THE ACCOUNTS!!

No, really, delete them, if you don't do it, the accounts remain in your Pre database BUT no longer appear in the messaging app even after updating, leadng to problems as double messaging or endless signin in icons. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Now, be nice and delete your messaging accounts before updating, it will save you tons of trouble
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    After doctoring my phone I was finally able to install v2.4.0 (seems the messaging app had an error) and now I also know why I wasn't able to send my messages in icq - this plugin seems to be incompatible with the enter key for new line or the character counter patch!

Maybe you could fix that in the next release greg_roll?
    Last edited by ice8lue; 06/02/2010 at 10:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron91RS View Post
    2.3 was working fine.
    removed accounts
    uninstalled 2.3
    installed 2.4 with no errors.
    Now NOTHING will connect. Live, yahoo, facebook all say could not connect to the server after I put in my various usernames and PW's
    I had to shut down the phone and restart it to get Yahoo to behave correctly, and it's been fine since.

Try that and let us know how it goes.