Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fengfengw View Post
    Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for your hard work. I have installed the new version but it seems it is still not working with Messaging notification repeat patch support. I have tried both way, either install your patch first or install the notification patch first. Neither works. Do you have any idea on why?
    Same situation here...
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi everyone,

Here is version 2.4.0.
    Please note due to peoples schedules etc etc this has only been tested by me.

Everything appears to work fine hopefully it should for you to.

NEW FEATURES
    ===========
    Fixed package dependancies
    Fixed selecting sametime icon when entering new IM.
    Fixed selecting gadu gadu icon when entering new IM.
    Fixed sametime appearance in the contacts application
    Fixed sametime send receive
    Fixed facebook showing previous chat history
    Fixed yahoo appending @yahoo.com to account name
    Fixed sametime appending @sametime.com to account name
    Fixed /vat/tmp/webosver error occuring
    Groupwise now works - Big thanks to bcorbino
    Updated Office Communicator Plugin
    Buddy list refresh button and refreshes on login. (This should fix the buddy list being empty after login)
    You can now select all plugin types in the contacts application.
    Messaging notification repeat patch support
    SMS tone patch support

HOW TO INSTALL
    ==============
    Remove any plugins and the patch. (No need to remove sysfiles)
    Restart
    Install the patch
    Install any plugins

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    ==============
    Pre: http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-Pre.zip
    Pixi: http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip
    SDK: http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-SDK.zip

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg!! Congrats on this update!!!

Just a few issues:

1. If I follow your exact instructions, I get the endless spin issue. Looking into it, I found that the accounts I had, remain on the phone, but they no longer appear when I reinstall the files, so it duplicates accounts whenever I try to create them (jabber and MSN I'm using). The solution would be inserting a "step 0", "delete the accounts created with the plugins"

2. Office Communicator still doesn't work for me (I haven't looked into it yet, but my first findings are that it doesn't work yet. At least right now it sends an error faster than other times

I'll recreate my accounts and keep you posted.

Thanks Again!
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

Just a few issues:

1. If I follow your exact instructions, I get the endless spin issue. Looking into it, I found that the accounts I had, remain on the phone, but they no longer appear when I reinstall the files, so it duplicates accounts whenever I try to create them (jabber and MSN I'm using). The solution would be inserting a "step 0", "delete the accounts created with the plugins"

2. Office Communicator still doesn't work for me (I haven't looked into it yet, but my first findings are that it doesn't work yet. At least right now it sends an error faster than other times

Thanks Again!
    Hi NuttyBunny,

Step one sounds like out first candidate for a problem and solutions page. Plus I will ensure I add that to my instructions in future.

As for number 2 it almost sounds like a certificate issue. Try turing on Accept Bad Cert in the main options page and then try and create the account.

If that doesn't work can you send me a P.M with a debugmp output?

Thanks!
    Greg
    hey everytime i dl the Pre version i get Unexpected end of archive can u reupload plz and ty
  5.    #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
    hey everytime i dl the Pre version i get Unexpected end of archive can u reupload plz and ty
    Hi dray_jr,

Sounds like your browser is caching the file.

Try clearing you cache and try again.
    Others have downloaded OK.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

Just a few issues:

Thanks Again!
    Think I'm having ths same issue as #1. I just gets stuck at "Signing In" with a spinning wheel. Did you have to downgrade to 2.3.0 first, delete then reinstall 2.4.0?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Hi Greg,
    i get an error if i try to install the patch..
    I got a new pre today, i doctered it and then i try´d to install the new patch, but there was still an error..

sorry for my bad english...

greetz from germany
    sabro
    here´s the error:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Install went fine for me. I followed these steps.
    1) Make sure messaging isn't running
    2) uninstalled old patch via WOSQI
    3) Luna restart
    4) Made sure messaging wasn't running
    5) installed new patch via WOSQI
    6) Luna restart

I didn't uninstall the old sysfiles file per Greg's instructions
    After several months of testing and suffering with TLS, I found out something.

It turns out that some firewalls don't know how to handle TLS correctly, I had some trouble with FTP & TLS, and the problem is really similar here.

It just works from some networks and doesn't from others.

So, I'm at a customer's office, and I can't connect via the Pre to the Office Communicator server, but I can connect using Pidgin on my Laptop over the wireless network. I connect my Pre to the wireless network, and voila, it works!!!

Grrr... I know this will be even harder to fix, and maybe it won't be fixed, but I think I'll fill the bug to the Pidgin team.

Anyway, thanks Greg! Now my Pre is complete!!
  11. PrX
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

I cant view that picture at work as its blocked

The installer script passes /mojo/submissions to try and get the latest version folder. Obviously its failing for you and a previous webos update left an old version behind.

If you can root to your pre and see if the 338 folder or higher still exists. If so maybe backup the 330 folder and then delete it from your device leaving only one directory in there.

Then try the installer again.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Thanks for replies, Peterlemonjello and Greg_Roll. I did it as you said, but I still have error. Any ideas? Previous version worked well on webOS 1.4.1.1. Thanks in advance. I really want the new version

EDIT: I'll try uninstall Character Counter.
    EDIT2: I am still getting this error...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PrX; 05/28/2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Best regards,
    PrX
    is anyone having a issue with being signed out of yahoo I have to re-sign in like 10 times a day I am not sure if this has anything to do with the messaging plugins or just an issue with yahoo my live messenger stays logged in and aim

is there anything I can do to stay signed in

thanks
    abansb

I forgot to mention thanks for the great plugins
    If someone could explain to me how to exactly intall this that would be great. I'm kinda of confused on how to do it.
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrX View Post
    Thanks for replies, Peterlemonjello and Greg_Roll. I did it as you said, but I still have error. Any ideas? Previous version worked well on webOS 1.4.1.1. Thanks in advance. I really want the new version

EDIT: I'll try uninstall Character Counter.
    EDIT2: I am still getting this error...
    Hi PrX,

Your getting close. For some reason its not liking the global-iconography.css file. Try restoring that file and try again.

Hopefully it then works
    Greg
  15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by sabro View Post
    here´s the error:
    Hi sabro,

Your english is quiet good. Believe me its much better than my german

Its strange its not working after a doctoring. Try replacing the messaging-constants file mentioned in the error and try again.

Hope that helps!
    Greg
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    In Version 2.4.0 Jabber is no longer part of the allplugins.ipk.
    Why?
    Did I need to install the jabber.ipk AND the allplugins.ipk?
    Hi Greg, i got the Patch now on my pre.
    I doctered a second time, at first there was still the same error, but i retryed it.
    after successfully installing of the "sys-file" i rebootet my pre. after the pre was rebootet, i don´t type my PIN-code but put the device directly on the usb. then i was able to install the patch and the plugins correctly!
    Now it still work, but i have another question: is there no auto-login, for example when i restart my pre? i use icq and msn and i have to re-login by myself to go online...

thanks for your great work!!
  18.    #718  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    In Version 2.4.0 Jabber is no longer part of the allplugins.ipk.
    Why?
    Did I need to install the jabber.ipk AND the allplugins.ipk?
    Hi Palmiga,

It still is part of the all plugins. Looks like jabber failed to install. You can either install the jabber.ipk or remove the allplugins and reinstall.

Either way you should then get jabber back.

Greg
  19.    #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by sabro View Post
    Hi Greg, i got the Patch now on my pre.
    I doctered a second time, at first there was still the same error, but i retryed it.
    after successfully installing of the "sys-file" i rebootet my pre. after the pre was rebootet, i don´t type my PIN-code but put the device directly on the usb. then i was able to install the patch and the plugins correctly!
    Now it still work, but i have another question: is there no auto-login, for example when i restart my pre? i use icq and msn and i have to re-login by myself to go online...

thanks for your great work!!
    Hi sabro,

Excellent news

Ummm there is auto login on the Pre if the account was logged in before restart. But as the closed source Palm code is what does the auto login I would say its not logging in the plugins it knows nothing about.

So I would say you will have to continue to login seperately

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

First off Kudos to you for such good job and your commitment to the community! I can only imagine the number of hours you put into this hobby! I hope you end up making your app available in the app store and benefit ($) from it!

On the Sametime front, I'd like to let you know for some reason I had a problem with 2.0.3 when sending messages and I thought it was addressed in 2.0.4, but even after a (really painful rooting on my pre to rewrite the whole palm.apps.messaging folder so the patch would install) the version 2.0.4 is still not reaching my contacts when I send messages. People see me online and I receive messages just fine, but they don't receive any message I either reply/send.

Now, Sametime and IBM tend to shroud corporate apps in layer after layer of authentication and maybe the problem is just with my Sametime server, is anybody else able to fully messaging with Sametime?

Regards,
    Teotz