Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Is there any compatibility issue with other messaging patches?
    If so, please could you make a list in your first post.

I've uninstalled all the messaging patches in order to successfully install the messaging plugins. Now I want to reinstall some of them. But I'm scared to broke the messaging app again.

Thank you in advance for your help.
  2.    #682  
    Hi everyone,

Here is version 2.4.0.
    Please note due to peoples schedules etc etc this has only been tested by me.

Everything appears to work fine hopefully it should for you to.

NEW FEATURES
    ===========
    Fixed package dependancies
    Fixed selecting sametime icon when entering new IM.
    Fixed selecting gadu gadu icon when entering new IM.
    Fixed sametime appearance in the contacts application
    Fixed sametime send receive
    Fixed facebook showing previous chat history
    Fixed yahoo appending @yahoo.com to account name
    Fixed sametime appending @sametime.com to account name
    Fixed /vat/tmp/webosver error occuring
    Groupwise now works - Big thanks to bcorbino
    Updated Office Communicator Plugin
    Buddy list refresh button and refreshes on login. (This should fix the buddy list being empty after login)
    You can now select all plugin types in the contacts application.
    Messaging notification repeat patch support
    SMS tone patch support

HOW TO INSTALL
    ==============
    Remove any existing accounts
    Remove any plugins and the patch. (No need to remove sysfiles)
    Restart
    Install the patch
    Install any plugins

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    ==============
    Pre: http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-Pre.zip
    Pixi: http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip
    SDK: http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-SDK.zip

Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 05/28/2010 at 11:44 PM.
  3.    #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaife View Post
    I had no errors during install, but I can not add any IM accounts. Is the process for adding these new accounts different than the built in clients? I only have Aim, Google, and yahoo showing up still.
    Hi Jaife,

Try restarting your phone. If this still doesn't work try reinstalling the plugins and restarting once more.

Thanks,
    Greg
  4.    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post
    Is there any compatibility issue with other messaging patches?
    If so, please could you make a list in your first post.

I've uninstalled all the messaging patches in order to successfully install the messaging plugins. Now I want to reinstall some of them. But I'm scared to broke the messaging app again.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Hi phil71,

2.4.0 released above I believe may work with everything members of this thread has installed. If you are unsure other patches check if they will work before they install. If they wont install they will error and not touch your phone.

Hope this helps,
    Greg
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    Sweet news on the next update Greg! I noticed there are alot of posts with repeat issues that people commonly run into with the install ect. Maybe a little faq with the most common errors when installing or upgrading could be added to the main page?
    Hi Skribbles505,

Great idea! Now i've released 2.4.0 any issues that come up from now on I will add to the first post.

If anyone has a fix to issues someone has could they mention it may be worth added to post one?

Thanks!
    Greg
    Who's going to be the first guinea pig? I would install the updates but I don't have time to doctor my phone before the holiday weekend if I ran into problems.
  7. PrX
    Hi Greg,
    I've tried install the update. But I have got error: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9042/screenrz.jpg

What's wrong? It seems I haven't one stylesheet, why? Restarting doesn't solve the problem.
    Thanks for reply in advance & thank you very much for great job!
    Best regards,
    PrX
    I am getting this error anytime i try installing the messaging patch any ideas??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PrX View Post
    Hi Greg,
    I've tried install the update. But I have got error: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9042/screenrz.jpg

What's wrong? It seems I haven't one stylesheet, why? Restarting doesn't solve the problem.
    Thanks for reply in advance & thank you very much for great job!
    What version of WebOS are you running? I looks like the patch is trying to reference something in /mojo/submissions/330/. This is the old path for 1.4.0.

1.4.1.1 changed to /mojo/submissions/338/.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 05/27/2010 at 02:45 PM.
  10. PrX
    I have v. 1.4.1.1 of webOS. Previous version of Messaging Plugin worked very well.

@up: Ahh, so what can I do?
    Last edited by PrX; 05/27/2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Best regards,
    PrX
    I'm not sure other than try to install the previous version. Greg will have to look at the patch to see what's going on.
  12.    #692  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    What version of WebOS are you running? I looks like the patch is trying to reference something in /mojo/submissions/330/. This is the old path for 1.4.0.

1.4.1.1 changed to /mojo/submissions/338/.
    Hi guys,

I cant view that picture at work as its blocked

The installer script passes /mojo/submissions to try and get the latest version folder. Obviously its failing for you and a previous webos update left an old version behind.

If you can root to your pre and see if the 338 folder or higher still exists. If so maybe backup the 330 folder and then delete it from your device leaving only one directory in there.

Then try the installer again.
    Thanks,
    Greg
  13.    #693  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcconnell80 View Post
    I am getting this error anytime i try installing the messaging patch any ideas??
    Hi tmcconnell80,

If I was to guess it possible you have another patch installed that is conflicting with this patch. If you have other messaging patches installed remove them first and let us know if you figure out which one is conflicting.

If not replace the luna-service file with a clean one from the webosdoctor and try again.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi everyone,

Here is version 2.4.0.

NEW FEATURES
    ===========
    Buddy list refresh button and refreshes on login. (This should fix the buddy list being empty after login)
    SMS tone patch support

HOW TO INSTALL
    ==============
    Restart
    Install the patch
    Install any plugins

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    ==============

Thanks,
    Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for your hard work. I have installed the new version but it seems it is still not working with Messaging notification repeat patch support. I have tried both way, either install your patch first or install the notification patch first. Neither works. Do you have any idea on why?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

Here is version 2.4.0.

NEW FEATURES
    ===========
    SMS tone patch support

HOW TO INSTALL
    ==============
    Restart
    Install the patch
    Install any plugins

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    ==============

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg, the uninstall and reinstall went fine.

Once I recreated my Sametime client and loged in, it immediately populated the buddy list with those previously created using the pidgin client from my workstation. The refresh button was not required during my session throughout the day. More testing on that.

I still can not create a new buddy from your client; however, if I receive an IM from someone not in my buddy list, I can select his name in the chat window and create new or add to an existing contact. Nice!!! But, still not in the buddy list.

I would like to have some indication (like phone app) that this individual who IMed me was not already a contact with a Sametime IM defined and an option to add to my buddy list.
    Did I miss something?

Keep it going, you are getting close. Only part missing is the ability to create new buddy like pidgin does.

Dale
    Last edited by Dale46; 05/27/2010 at 07:43 PM.
  16.    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by fengfengw View Post
    Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for your hard work. I have installed the new version but it seems it is still not working with Messaging notification repeat patch support. I have tried both way, either install your patch first or install the notification patch first. Neither works. Do you have any idea on why?
    Hi fengfengw,

It could be the version of the patch. When I installed it on my 1.4.1 emulator I installed version 0 of the patch. I think I had issues with version 3.

Greg
  17.    #697  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Greg, the uninstall and reinstall went fine.

Once I recreated my Sametime client and loged in, it immediately populated the buddy list with those previously created using the pidgin client from my workstation. The refresh button was not required during my session throughout the day. More testing on that.

I still can not create a new buddy from your client; however, if I receive an IM from someone not in my buddy list, I can select his name in the chat window and create new or add to an existing contact. Nice!!! But, still not in the buddy list.

I would like to have some indication (like phone app) that this individual who IMed me was not already a contact with a Sametime IM defined and an option to add to my buddy list.
    Did I miss something?

Keep it going, you are getting close. Only part missing is the ability to create new buddy like pidgin does.

Dale
    Hi Dale,

Great news!

The ability to Add and Remove a buddy will be in the next version. This version already has the back end code to make it possible I just need to write the front end code and dialogs.

I'm not sure I can do the indication you are talking about. I believe if I could it would be quiet a bit of coding and may even slow the Pre down.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg,
    First off thanks for all your work on getting this up and running. I finally was able to get the patch installed and working, but as before it seems like almost shortly after getting it logged into Yahoo it logs out and when i try and log back in it doesnt do anything. I even uninstalled all messaging patches before updating to the new version you just released, i didnt install any patches afterwards to see if that may have been the cause of it, but i still noticed it logged me off. I have to go into the accounts and delete my yahoo account and then add it back. It then works for a little bit but then shortly goes out again. Any help suggestions or ideas on what i may need to do to get it working properly.
    Thanks again
  19.    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcconnell80 View Post
    Greg,
    First off thanks for all your work on getting this up and running. I finally was able to get the patch installed and working, but as before it seems like almost shortly after getting it logged into Yahoo it logs out and when i try and log back in it doesnt do anything. I even uninstalled all messaging patches before updating to the new version you just released, i didnt install any patches afterwards to see if that may have been the cause of it, but i still noticed it logged me off. I have to go into the accounts and delete my yahoo account and then add it back. It then works for a little bit but then shortly goes out again. Any help suggestions or ideas on what i may need to do to get it working properly.
    Thanks again
    Hi tmcconnell80,

Are you logging in to yahoo with just your login ID without the @yahoo.com (or another domain)?

If so give that a go. Maybe also try the reverse.

Worst case give the phone a reboot and see if that helps.

If not could you run DebugMP.sh and send me a log via a PM?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hi Dale,

Great news!

The ability to Add and Remove a buddy will be in the next version. This version already has the back end code to make it possible I just need to write the front end code and dialogs.

I'm not sure I can do the indication you are talking about. I believe if I could it would be quiet a bit of coding and may even slow the Pre down.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Regarding the notification of a user not defined as a contact with IM address listed.
    It appears the client does give an indication.

When I select/press the name in the chat window of an existing contact with IM defined, it will open the complete contact record. If a client with defined IM does not exist, then I get the option to create new or add to an existing contact. Sweet!!

Great news on the add or delete buddy. Now I just need to get my VPNC client to reach my company's Sametime server from home as it does with their intranet websites.

Dale