Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    So I have the same problem a couple of people have. When I am on my university network, I cannot connect to gtalk over wifi. I can connect to it with my laptop or other computer but not from my pre.

What I was wondering though was why the jabber plugin doesn't actually seem to be able to connect to different ports. As far as I know talk.google.com at least listens on 5222 and 443. However, the jabber plugin fails to connect to 443.

Is there a semi-trivial way to see what ports are allowed for what protocols and fix that?

Do you guys have any idea why i can't connect to talk.google.com on 5222 while on the university network (i can from my laptop) but can connect to other jabber servers on the same port?
    I can't connect to my GTalk account which is part of Google Apps (Google Apps for Domains). I tried setting it up as a regular Google Talk account, and also under XMPP/Jabber, but neither connect. It just says "Could not connect to the server. Try again." Everything else works. Any ideas?

/Kevin
    why doesn't the Facebook patch show the name? my friends are all numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    why doesn't the Facebook patch show the name? my friends are all numbers.
    because the avatars aren't available... its showing the avatar number, there is a setting/plugin to replace avatar's with name .... the more i think about it, i think its a setting in the account - don't show pictures/avatars and it will appear better.

-d
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I can't connect to my GTalk account which is part of Google Apps (Google Apps for Domains). I tried setting it up as a regular Google Talk account, and also under XMPP/Jabber, but neither connect. It just says "Could not connect to the server. Try again." Everything else works. Any ideas?

/Kevin
    mine doesn't want to connect either, it was working til I removed these plugins (a test to see how much battery would be saved with only my gchat.. )

maybe its coincidence, but maybe not. I tried removing my gtalk account and it just hangs there.. then I tried reinstalling these plugins, and they just hung as well.. I hope I don't have to doctor to get this working again, gtalk is pretty much the only way people get a hold of me..

EDIT - now it works.. go figure... oh well coincidence I suspect it was.
    Last edited by tedrampart; 05/17/2010 at 11:26 PM.
    it seems like there is a few people who is having issue with this patch lately according to all the post lately.... I had no issues before however I have recently doctor my phone and since then I have been getting the issue with no names
    Mine still works. Only issue is that I dare not remove any accounts, my Add an Account page is completely blank.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just applied the Office Communicator plugin. That added OC and now Yahoo IM to my Messaging screen. Yahoo IM works great now on my AT&T Pre.

As for OC...still figuring out how to configure that to work. But at least its now available on my Add Account screen.

Also, do you guys leave the phone in Dev Mode? Or do you toggle it off when you're done doing WebOSQuick installs? Right now I just leave it on but do not know if that matters or not.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iPilot View Post
    Also, do you guys leave the phone in Dev Mode? Or do you toggle it off when you're done doing WebOSQuick installs? Right now I just leave it on but do not know if that matters or not.
    That's actually kind of a bad idea because the developer mode shuts down the firewall of the phone as far as I know. It works fine here without the developer mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by netzwurm View Post
    That's actually kind of a bad idea because the developer mode shuts down the firewall of the phone as far as I know. It works fine here without the developer mode.
    Thanks. I'll toggle it off now.

Related question on IM: Do you need to leave Messaging 'on' as a Card to keep it logged in? I noticed Yahoo IM logged out when I closed the Card. Also, I'm no longer able to log back into Yahoo IM unless I reboot the phone.

Sorry, I'm still a rookie WebOS'er.

EDIT: Now I can't log back into Yahoo IM. Account says Offline. If I click on Available it prompts me to login but it doesn't. I don't think Dev Mode did this...it was acting up after a hour or two of using it flawlessly. However if I delete the account, and add it back in, it works again. Thoughts on that?
    Last edited by iPilot; 05/18/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    for those talking about gtalk .. mine "disappeared" a few days ago too ( after JUST getting them back on after 3 months and 3 PREs ) ... I wonder if its a gtalk issue and not a patch issue
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    EDIT: Now I can't log back into Yahoo IM. Account says Offline. If I click on Available it prompts me to login but it doesn't. I don't think Dev Mode did this...it was acting up after a hour or two of using it flawlessly. However if I delete the account, and add it back in, it works again. Thoughts on that?
    Question for you - is this a newer Yahoo account where you log in to a regular PC-based IM client with <your.name> instead of <your.name@yahoo.com>?

Mine is, and for whatever reason the system automatically adds @yahoo.com to the username, and for new names Yahoo won't allow a client to log in via API with the @yahoo.com.

Greg plans to look in to the issue when he comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    Question for you - is this a newer Yahoo account where you log in to a regular PC-based IM client with <your.name> instead of <>?

Mine is, and for whatever reason the system automatically adds @yahoo.com to the username, and for new names Yahoo won't allow a client to log in via API with the @yahoo.com.

Greg plans to look in to the issue when he comes back.

I just use my username on full client and on the Pre for all my Yahoo accts.

EDIT: It does not add any <> or @yahoo.com that I can see. For me it works initially...then I somehow get logged out after a certain time (I am not logging in elsewhere). At that point the only sure way I can log back in is to delete the account and re-add it.

However, there are times where if I do some sequence of changing to Offline, log back in, enter password, change to Available it will log me in. I'm still testing to figure out if there is some kind of pattern to all of this.
    Last edited by iPilot; 05/19/2010 at 08:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Found two bugs.

Won't install if Messaging Notification Repeat is installed.
    I'm getting repeated messages from Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmberntsen View Post
    Found two bugs.

Won't install if Messaging Notification Repeat is installed.
    I'm getting repeated messages from Facebook.
    1. You should uninstall all your messaging patches before installing these plugins.
    2. Use facebook over jabber instead.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    can't seem to get them running at all on the emulator. the sysfilespatch installs fine, but trying to install the messaging_patch won't work. I'm using WOSQI under windows and it doesn't do anything. it says "installing..." closes the window and won't remove the entry from the list. same for the ICQ patch i tried to install. they won't show on the emulator either.
    also, installing the sysfilespatch makes the emulator not able to connect anymore. it will stay "offline". i used the messaging files for the emulator. can anybody help me there?

edit: icq is showing in the installed apps. so it comes down to messaging_patch

nvm: looks like this is some germany issue (although this aint a german emulator? gonna try to doctor the emulator and update here)

edit2: any ideas on how to doctor the emulator (image)?
    Last edited by just_jo; 05/20/2010 at 05:12 AM.
    Does any of you know how to delete the contact list? I removed the ICQ account, but when i conntect to MSN, it shows me again my ICQ contacts (without having an ICQ account established).
    Perhaps there is a possibility doing this with removing manually some file(s)?
    After a bit more testing, this is my latest findings on the Yahoo IM plug-in (ATT):

1) I get disconnected when switching from Wifi <--> 3G/Edge.

2) To get reconnected, set the main Messaging screen status to OFFLINE. Then go to the Yahoo IM account and change status there to Available. I am then prompted for my password which will then log me back in.

After being disconnected, my main Messaging status would still show as Available. My buddy list would disappear. At first I couldn't figure out how to log back in w/o deleting the account and adding it back in. However, now that I figured out the sequence above, I can log back in when getting disconnected.

What I'm still unsure of is if there is a session timeout that is in play in addition to this handoff issue.
    help everything was installed fine but when I want to connect tells me service not found try again later Achaeans should I use wifi and everything else connected to me facebook but not myspace or msn
    After a bit more testing, this is my latest findings on the Yahoo IM plug-in (ATT):

1) I get disconnected when switching from Wifi <--> 3G/Edge.

2) To get reconnected, set the main Messaging screen status to OFFLINE. Then go to the Yahoo IM account and change status there to Available. I am then prompted for my password which will then log me back in.

After being disconnected, my main Messaging status would still show as Available. My buddy list would disappear. At first I couldn't figure out how to log back in w/o deleting the account and adding it back in. However, now that I figured out the sequence above, I can log back in when getting disconnected.

What I'm still unsure of is if there is a session timeout that is in play in addition to this handoff issue.

its the same for me except i dont have any disconnecting issues. but im only using wifi and have my data turned off.