Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Are you downloading the zip files, extracting to a local drive and then from the Quickinstall menu files>add files to place the IPK into the Quickinstall install window one at a time in the order specified?

Dale
    Yes i did exactly like this tuto said

But i tried from a linux pc, and it worked perfectly
    i surely did have a problem with my windows

but another question, is that possible to not merge im contacts with synergy ?
    i don't wanna have my live messenger contacts in my contacts list, just in my messaging list
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I've installed it just fine, but when trying to login to my compony's jabber server I get an error - "Invalid security certificate". I've tried to get certificate and install using "Certificate manager..." but the error persists.

Any way to login?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I've installed it just fine, but when trying to login to my compony's jabber server I get an error - "Invalid security certificate". I've tried to get certificate and install using "Certificate manager..." but the error persists.

Any way to login?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I'm trying to connect to my company jabber server (patch installed without glitches), but I keep getting error - "Invalid security certificate". I tried to copy extracted certificate using Certificate manager... but no luck, the error persists.

Any solutions?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I'm trying to connect to my company jabber server (patch installed without glitches), but I keep getting error - "Invalid security certificate". I tried to copy extracted certificate using Certificate manager... but no luck, the error persists.

Any solutions?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Im going away for 2.5 weeks and unfortunently I dont think ill have time to release my next update till im back. It's close to being finished but not 100% ill see how I go

In the meantime for those of you having issues with Groupwise or Office Commonicator you might want to try the following new files. I think groupwise now works

GROUPWISE
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Tes....5.0_armv7.ipk

COMMUNICATOR

First remove any account you have for these plugins and reboot.

Then if you have any of the plugins installed (not including the all plugins) remove the package first.

Hopefully it will then work

Also good news is I have created the back end code for adding/removing buddies and groups. When im back ill code up the user interface and hopefully collapsable buddy groups.

Thanks,
    Greg
    For anyone interested in Groupwise it is working perfectly for me
    Clarence -
    Hi guys,

Im going away for 2.5 weeks and unfortunently I dont think ill have time to release my next update till im back. It's close to being finished but not 100% ill see how I go

In the meantime for those of you having issues with Groupwise or Office Commonicator you might want to try the following new files. I think groupwise now works

GROUPWISE

COMMUNICATOR

Then if you have any of the plugins installed (not including the all plugins) remove the package first.

Also good news is I have created the back end code for adding/removing buddies and groups. When im back ill code up the user interface and hopefully collapsable buddy groups.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg...

Communicator still not working for me

Running DebugMP.sh and it craps out with:

Code:
    Opening /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/sipe.cfg
    Opened file /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/sipe.cfg
    Setting sipe server address to: sip.mydomain.com:5061
    Setting sipe server TLS to: true
    Setting sipe server login to: DOMAIN_XXXXXX\cnegrete
    Setting sipe server proxy to: false
    Setting sipe server user agent to: $$BLANK$$
    sipe server has been set.
    Opening /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/sipe.cfg
    Opened file /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/sipe.cfg
    Getting sipe server address...
    sipe server login: DOMAIN_XXXXXX\cnegrete
    sipe server proxy: false
    sipe user agent: $$BLANK$$
    sipe server address: sip.mydomain.com
    sipe server port: 5061
    sipe server TLS: true
    Opening /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/sipe.Avatar
    (12:11:08) prefs: removing pref /purple/network/preferred_local_ip_address
    (12:11:08) signals: Signal data for account-status-changed not found!
    Any ideas?

This happens when I create the account, and whenever I try to login
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post

Any solutions?
    Have you tried enabling the "accept bad cert" option?
    I just reinstalled *sys, *patch and new *communicator IPKs and I don't even get the option to add an exchange IM account (which I did get with older versions, just couldn't log in).

Preware shows that sysfiles and patch are there on device....
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    I just reinstalled *sys, *patch and new *communicator IPKs and I don't even get the option to add an exchange IM account (which I did get with older versions, just couldn't log in).

Preware shows that sysfiles and patch are there on device....
    I had installed the all plugins pak, and over it I installed the new communicator ipk, but it didn't work, maybe you can try this way.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Awesome work dude!!! Had to doctor my pre but after that it worked flawless!!! Thanks a lot!!!
    Looks awesome and I can't wait to try it out, but I was having a problem setting up an Xfire account. I think I installed everything correctly, it shows Xfire under the "Add An Account" screen, but when I punch in my username and password it just says "Could not connect to the server. Try again." Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be most appreciated, as I was really looking forward to using the Xfire plugin. Thanks you all.
    Why does this site declare "Pre" not to be a word? Please explain.
    Hi guys,

GROUPWISE

COMMUNICATOR

Thanks,
    Greg

Greg, -hope you enjoy the vaca... when back, I think the issue for myself, and possibly others here, is that there are 2 methods to get OCS working... one that used the front-end protocol and ports and one that uses the web-components (and its ports). I'm not sure how this was written but the standard SIP stuff is more for the standard OCS front-end, I think since most users will be using their PRE from Sprint/Verizon, the back-end communication should be setup for communicating with the web-component server (like Full Outlook using MAPI versus Outlook Web Access using SSL/HTTPS).
    ... at least this is my guess, as I seem to get this working when on my WiFi connection with site-to-site VPN to the OCS server working more-so, versus trying to connect to the HTTPS site for OCS and not getting anywhere. My company doesn't allow non-domain machines to connect to OCS but they do allow any machine to connect to OCS's web-based interface... so since the pre isn't on the domain, i can't connect that way either but it at least deny's me immediately versus a 1-2 minute timeout when connecting to the server via 3G using our HTTPS site as the server.
    So, now, what are those web-component protocols? Are they something that would have to be licensed like OWA interface on PRE / iPhone / etc? Or can this be screen-scraped from the HTTPS interface?

PS: my first posting here and first time playing with your software - it's great so far, still need OCS for it to be a business usable app but THANKS! I'm donating some money for these efforts.... anyone else who finds it helpful please do the same. It's volunteers like Greg that make this community so strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by dblagbro View Post
    Greg, -hope you enjoy the vaca... when back, I think the issue for myself, and possibly others here, is that there are 2 methods to get OCS working... one that used the front-end protocol and ports and one that uses the web-components (and its ports). I'm not sure how this was written but the standard SIP stuff is more for the standard OCS front-end, I think since most users will be using their PRE from Sprint/Verizon, the back-end communication should be setup for communicating with the web-component server (like Full Outlook using MAPI versus Outlook Web Access using SSL/HTTPS).
    ... at least this is my guess, as I seem to get this working when on my WiFi connection with site-to-site VPN to the OCS server working more-so, versus trying to connect to the HTTPS site for OCS and not getting anywhere. My company doesn't allow non-domain machines to connect to OCS but they do allow any machine to connect to OCS's web-based interface... so since the pre isn't on the domain, i can't connect that way either but it at least deny's me immediately versus a 1-2 minute timeout when connecting to the server via 3G using our HTTPS site as the server.
    So, now, what are those web-component protocols? Are they something that would have to be licensed like OWA interface on PRE / iPhone / etc? Or can this be screen-scraped from the HTTPS interface?

PS: my first posting here and first time playing with your software - it's great so far, still need OCS for it to be a business usable app but THANKS! I'm donating some money for these efforts.... anyone else who finds it helpful please do the same. It's volunteers like Greg that make this community so strong.

PPS: I also wanted to include this link to some of the ports used for the different protocols / ports and their components: Ports Required by Office Communications Server
    trying this for the umpteenth time .... when installing the 1st file (org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files) I get this error:

mount: mounting/dev/mapper/store-root on/failed: device or resource busy

any suggestions?

** nevermind doesnt seem to matter as for the 1st time in months - it works! YAY **
    Last edited by pixielee; 05/13/2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: issue resolved
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    for some reason my messaging plugins are not working (I'm using only the LIVE).

And they are not showing up in Device Manager using WebOSQI.

But they are installed.

I know there is way to manually remove them, can someone tell me the procedure on removing all the files, so I can try and reinstall them?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this doesn't work with conferences, group chats, etc.? Particularly thinking about Communicator. Not even really sure how that would work.
    Anyone having problems sending Live /MSN messages ? I can receive but not send - text is light grey and does not turn dark. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Anyone having problems sending Live /MSN messages ? I can receive but not send - text is light grey and does not turn dark. Weird.
    i get it sometimes, reboot normally fixes it
    Managed to fix it after deleting and reinstalling the MSN account. Deleted "stuck" messages as well and all's well now.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News