Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    After installing 1.4.1.1 last night I noticed that my accounts were messed up, they didn't show the service logo or name. I removed all the accounts, then removed the SysFiles, Patch, and AllPlugins. I then tried adding them again. SysFiles installed, but when I tried installing Patch I got the attached error. Any way to get it working again without doctoring the phone?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    After installing 1.4.1.1 last night I noticed that my accounts were messed up, they didn't show the service logo or name. I removed all the accounts, then removed the SysFiles, Patch, and AllPlugins. I then tried adding them again. SysFiles installed, but when I tried installing Patch I got the attached error. Any way to get it working again without doctoring the phone?

Thanks!

Same thing happened to mine. i was just about to re do it when I saw this
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGreenThumb View Post
    Same thing happened to mine. i was just about to re do it when I saw this
    I was able to uninstall the patch and reinstall it without error. that resolved my issue with the service icon disappearing after the upgrade last night
    Yea, I just realized I was getting the error because I had the messaging notification repeat patch installed...any chance you could get these compatible with that patch?
  5.    #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Hi Greg, just an idea here, could it be that the double messaging that plagues some users be somewhat related to double accounts?

Remember the endless msn login that was related to having two accounts and only one showing? We used to fix that erasing the accounts in the PalmDatabase.db3. Could these issues also be related to that?

Just my 2 cents
    Hi NuttyBunny,

Thats a very good idea. It is quiet possible.

I would be interested if someone could open their .db3 file in sqlitebrowser.exe and see if they do have multiple accounts listed.

Also if you are having the issue with double messages it would be good to know if a reboot or not fixes it.

Thanks!
    Greg
  6.    #606  
    Yea, I just realized I was getting the error because I had the messaging notification repeat patch installed...any chance you could get these compatible with that patch?
    Hi JamMasterClay,

I will look in to it

Its hard to keep up to date with these patches but ill try my best

Greg
    I had a triple message probblem just once, and a reboot fix the problem.

another thing I have notice, is that if I'm logged in the msn at the computer, and then I log on in the phone, the messages are not being sent, I can receive just fine, but can't send. They just stay greyed. This doesn't bother me, I just reboot the phone and problem solved.

I guess those were my 1.25 cents...
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.

Thanks!
    Same Problem here. I uninstalled all patches, reinstall gnu patch, but problem is the same
    Problem solved:
    I have done a WebOSRepairUtility scan and restored all the files.Now it works
    Last edited by JohnDoes; 05/01/2010 at 07:56 AM.
    can someone explain what R/W contacts is...is it what i think it is

read write contacts? If so how does it work?
  10.    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    can someone explain what R/W contacts is...is it what i think it is

read write contacts? If so how does it work?
    Hi kel101,

Yep its read write contacts. What it does is if you remove a buddy from your IM contacts it will remain in your contacts. Out of the box you cant delete IM contacts from the contacts application. If you select this option and re-open the contacts app you can then delete the contacts.

Hope that helps,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    hey greg,

first of all, this plugin rocks! i love it, it works so well! i was wondering if you could help me with a problem i'm having with the facebook plugin.

it seems everytime i login to facebook, all my contacts (people online on facebook chat) show up as numbers, i'be tried deleting and readding the account, and rebooting, and everything i can think of, any ideas?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dohboy15 View Post
    hey greg,

first of all, this plugin rocks! i love it, it works so well! i was wondering if you could help me with a problem i'm having with the facebook plugin.

it seems everytime i login to facebook, all my contacts (people online on facebook chat) show up as numbers, i'be tried deleting and readding the account, and rebooting, and everything i can think of, any ideas?

thanks
    Have you tried first installing the facebook app, logging in, and then creting the facebook acct with the plugin?

Also if you're using the fb plugin you may give the facebook over jabber concept a try.
    Hello,

when i try to install ipk with QuickInstall, i've got the error : "cannot find package org.webosinternal.messagingsysfile. check the spelling or perhaps run ipkg update"

i've updated preware, run ipkg update in a terminal on pre, check i've gnu patch installed, and it still doesn't work.

Can someone help me ?

i've win7 and webos 1.4.1 (french)

14.    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by jthierry View Post
    Hello,

when i try to install ipk with QuickInstall, i've got the error : "cannot find package org.webosinternal.messagingsysfile. check the spelling or perhaps run ipkg update"

i've updated preware, run ipkg update in a terminal on pre, check i've gnu patch installed, and it still doesn't work.

Can someone help me ?

Hi jthierry,

Everything sounds ok. My first guess would have been preware missing.

Ummm are you installing on a Pre or Pixi? If its a pixi make sure you install the armv6 file.

Anyone else come across this??

Thanks!
    Greg
  15.    #615  
    Hi guys,

Im going away for 2.5 weeks and unfortunently I dont think ill have time to release my next update till im back. It's close to being finished but not 100% ill see how I go

In the meantime for those of you having issues with Groupwise or Office Commonicator you might want to try the following new files. I think groupwise now works

GROUPWISE
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Tes....5.0_armv7.ipk

COMMUNICATOR
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Tes....5.0_armv7.ipk

First remove any account you have for these plugins and reboot.

Then if you have any of the plugins installed (not including the all plugins) remove the package first.

Hopefully it will then work

Also good news is I have created the back end code for adding/removing buddies and groups. When im back ill code up the user interface and hopefully collapsable buddy groups.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 05/04/2010 at 07:06 AM.
    Sweet, can't wait for you to get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi jthierry,

Everything sounds ok. My first guess would have been preware missing.

Ummm are you installing on a Pre or Pixi? If its a pixi make sure you install the armv6 file.

Anyone else come across this??

Thanks!
    Greg
    yes it was on palm pre, and i've preware alpha v0.9.56
    Thank you so much for doing this!
    Where did Yahoo IM go?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jthierry View Post
    Hello,

Can someone help me ?

Are you downloading the zip files, extracting to a local drive and then from the Quickinstall menu files>add files to place the IPK into the Quickinstall install window one at a time in the order specified?

Dale
    Last edited by Dale46; 05/05/2010 at 08:50 PM.