Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #561  
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the updates.

Any chance you could send me your /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $your$ $phone$? ($PM$ $me$ $would$ $be$ $great$)

I would like to have a look at the state of the file on a freshly doctored (and failed patch)

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post

Currently no messaging works for me other than SMS, not even from the AIM and GTalk profiles restored when I loaded my Palm Profile. Those accounts appear in my phone, but simply will not log-in. I tried removing the messaging patch through Preware to try to get at lease AIM and GTalk working, but it did not work. I then tried adding it back and it is now giving me an error similar to that of the plug-ins.

Is there any way to edit the actual data stored in our Palm Profiles?
    I'm pretty sure that this has happened to me as well. Since installing the patch I cant log in to gtalk... either. Have tried doctoring and have just received a replacement unit to no avail.
    Please help as this is very frustrating.
    I turned off backup...this erased my Palm Profile backup, but keeps applications. Then ran WebOSDoctor and now everything is working fine. I have to manually add all my accounts again and link profiles and such, but no biggie.
  4.    #564  
    Hi guys,

Just thought id keep you in the loop.

Should have a new update soon which should fix @yahoo.com problems.

Sametime is getting better in my latest test version. Just trying to iron out some budy list issues.

Lastly I am getting some help with Groupwise. Hopefully it will be good news soon

Speak soon,
    Greg
    hey greg...

couple of hours ago I installed the messaging plugins again. phone hasn't been doctored, and everything worked fine.
    until i noticed, that now my online contacts appear like 4 times, only one of them carries a nickname though. now i tried to uninstall the account from within the messaging app... doesn't do it...

guess I'll have to doctor the phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by cptpancake View Post
    hey greg...

couple of hours ago I installed the messaging plugins again. phone hasn't been doctored, and everything worked fine.
    until i noticed, that now my online contacts appear like 4 times, only one of them carries a nickname though. now i tried to uninstall the account from within the messaging app... doesn't do it...

guess I'll have to doctor the phone...
    Here's something to try first:

If you haven't got the IM names in each contact, you'll get multiple contacts auto-created.

Lets say you have a contact for Joseph Glotz, and he's got a google talk ID of jglotz@gmail.com and an AIM ID of GlotzMan2000.

You have to go into the contact entry for Joseph Glotz and make sure that each ID is there under the list of IM names, and associated with the proper service. When I first imported everything from Exchange, that data was not present, because Exchange doesn't have fields for specifying IM clients.

Once I did this to my contacts, the duplicates went bye-bye, and now in the messaging app, the names show up once, and I can select how to message them from the conversation window.

Hope this helps you.
    Hi Greg, just wondering, I still cannot connect to an Office Communicator server that used to work in webOS 1.2.5, with your first plugins.

Just to consider, Ubuntu uses pidgin-sipe version 1.8.0-1, and libputple0 version 1:2.6.6-1ubuntu4. I know it may sound rude, but are you using the latest sipe plugin sources?

Just wondering, not making pressure, and not trying to be rude

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/21/2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I turned off backup...this erased my Palm Profile backup, but keeps applications. Then ran WebOSDoctor and now everything is working fine. I have to manually add all my accounts again and link profiles and such, but no biggie.
    I like this idea. My yahoo messenger icon dissappeared. So if you erase your profile all ur paid apps will still be there but the setting will be gone for everything?
    Technically your profile isn't erased, a profile with your email and name and everything still exists, and your applications. But all linked accounts, settings...everything is erased. So if you doctor the phone after turning off backup you still sign in with your palm profile and it'll download your apps, but you have to re-do everything else.

Btw, Greg...The changelog says the newest version is supposed to work with SMS Tone per Contact, but I haven't been able to get the two working together...is it working for everyone else?
  10.    #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Hi Greg, just wondering, I still cannot connect to an Office Communicator server that used to work in webOS 1.2.5, with your first plugins.

Just to consider, Ubuntu uses pidgin-sipe version 1.8.0-1, and libputple0 version 1:2.6.6-1ubuntu4. I know it may sound rude, but are you using the latest sipe plugin sources?

Just wondering, not making pressure, and not trying to be rude

Thanks!!!
    Hi mate,

No worries. SIPE is 1.6.3 and libpurple is 2.6.2. Slightly older but libpurple in webos is 2.5

I will look at updating sip to 1.8 in the future. Ill have to do a lot of testing with existing users to make sure nothing breaks. Actually ill probably make both versions available until im happy it works.

Thanks,
    Greg
    ok ive been trying to get all this worked out and keep on have trouble. in the first place i had to restore my phone and scene then i have not been able to get the patch to work and now cant even get it to install. when ever i try to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.3.0_armv7.ipk i get the message that is in the attached picture if there is anyone out there that can help me out it would be great
    Same Problem here!
    Recover the file from the webosdoctor file
    The question is: How?

I tried to receive the file via Quickinstall, change the completly text inside the file and send it back! Then I tried to reinstall the file via QI. But no chance! (I thought the "patch maybe see the different between both files and overwrite it)

So you advise me to extract the file out of the Doctor? And then? Which file exactly?

Sorry for my bad englisch, im from germany :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Wilde View Post
    The question is: How?

I tried to receive the file via Quickinstall, change the completly text inside the file and send it back! Then I tried to reinstall the file via QI. But no chance! (I thought the "patch maybe see the different between both files and overwrite it)

So you advise me to extract the file out of the Doctor? And then? Which file exactly?

Sorry for my bad englisch, im from germany :P

Fast instructiions:

Get 7zip or Winrar

Get your corresponding webosdoctor file

Open winrar/7zip
    Inside it, open the webosdoctor.jar

Inside the webosdoctor.jar file go to the resources directory, extract webOS.tar

open webOS.tar again with 7zip/winrar

Inside webOS.tar you can find a file named nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz, extract that, it should be a 150Mb+ file.

That file is the one!! Open it in winrar/7zip and look for the file that's causing errors in webosquickinstall (I think the first one is messaging-contacts.jsjsjs). $Extract$ $the$ $file$, $send$ $it$ $to$ $your$ $Pre$ $in$ $the$ $same$ $path$.

Try to install again, it will complain about abother file, go and get it, send it.

Repeat as needed, I had to restore 4 files

Good Luck!!
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/23/2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Corrected file names
    same problem her
    i try to recover the files with the webOS repair tool, but i become the error
    File not Found in WebOSDoctor.....

Sry for my bad english
    Oh Dude...

Ive tried this. I could restore a few files but at the file:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/rescources/de_de/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html

it stopps and says that this file is already patched. But its the file from the Doctor?!
    Hi Guys,

I can't get this Facebook Chat working at all. I am entering my username/password but all I get is invalid details. I know for a fact they are correct.

What can I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by dominicwilde View Post
    Hi Guys,

I can't get this Facebook Chat working at all. I am entering my username/password but all I get is invalid details. I know for a fact they are correct.

What can I do?
    Go over your Palm Pre to the Facebooksite and log off!

Be sure that you have logged everywhere off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Wilde View Post
    Go over your Palm Pre to the Facebooksite and log off!

Be sure that you have logged everywhere off!

I have tried that, still no joy unfortunately,