Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    I wonder if someone can help. I installed GNU Patch and then downloaded plug 2.3.0 and used WEBOSQuickinstall to install this to my Pre.
    However, in the instructions there is a section which reads as follows:
    -------------------------------------
    org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All
    -----------------------------

Im not sure what to do with the part in between the dashed lines above.

In the past (on older versions) I only used WEBOSQuickinstall to install the downloaded package.

Anyway, the plug in works for MSN no problems. However, with OCS it says the server cant be located. I know the server settings are correct. Under the previous version I used to have an option to ignore bad certificates which I had to check for OCS to work. On the new version there is no option for bad certificates.

Either I have not installed properly (e.g. havent done the bit between the dashed lines above) or the option has been removed

Any ideas anyone?
    Thank you
    The part between the dashes just shows the order the files need to be installed in when using WOSQI
    Clarence -
    anyone get myspace to work I now have yahoo,live,facebook through jabber working but can't seem to get myspace working I also do not need to remove accounts now to get them to work

myspace keeps telling me can not connect to server
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    So I installed it, set up my Windows Live messenger account. I can receive messages but I cannot send them. They just stay faded in the conversation tab and never get sent. Any ideas on how to fix this? Big thanks!

EDIT: I should mention I'm running WebOS 1.4.1 on Bell.
    Last edited by mrmann14; 04/13/2010 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    Quick question on Yahoo! -

I can get it to log in precisely once, when I create the account with "my.name".

Problem is that the messenger direct login won't work with "my.name@yahoo.com", whereas everything else will.

Is there a way to get the program to NOT add "@yahoo.com" to the login? It's not needed for the e-mail service (which will accept it but doesn't require it), and it is actually not allowed for IM it seems.

It DOES work with the webmessenger either way, just not the direct IM client protocol.

Identical issue here. I can always login once to yahoo messenger, but when disconnected and attempting to make subsequent connects, it will fail as if the login is invalid (wont get a message saying it though). Thus, I'm forced to delete my yahoo messenger profile and then add it new again whenever I need to connect with the pre. Needless to say, this isn't an optimal method.

Any fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

For those of you having errors installing run the WebOS repair utility found here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html

If any of the follow files are found to be modified repair them, reboot and try install again.

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs

Thanks Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by precaution View Post
    Hi Greg,

Unfortunately this did not help at full.
    The webOS Repair util helped to solve one issue, but there still is another one left. Strangely, the repair utility did not find one of the given files (prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs) and a different one (prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs) surpisingly could not be patched...

I do have the GNU patch installed - as precondition.

What else can I do in order to install the messagingpatch_2.3.0_armv7.ipk?

btw: Is it right, that the latest ZIP archive contains the sysfiles in version 203 and the patch in 230, whereas the messaginallplugin is version 201?
    This is a bit confusing...
    I quote myself, because I stuck here and don't know any further...

I investigated this issue a bit deeper and restored every single file by hand as they were mentioned above by Greg. This worked out brilliant and I could patch even the file I was not able to earlier (prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs).

But again, one major problem persists: The repair utility could not find the file prefsSetupAccount-scene.html.
    And this is exactly my problem, where I stuck, because the webOS quick installer tells me that this file could not be patched and aborts with an error message to roll the changes back.

Could it be that the file "prefsSetupAccount-scene.html" is named differently in other ROMs than Sprint or Verizon?
    I am using an European O2-ROM of webOS version 1.4.1.

Does anybody have any clue how to proceed?

This is what the error log reads:

Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Sending file to device
    Size: 29954
    --success
    ==============================
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor

Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    Sending file to device
    Size: 2166
    --success
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    Sending file to device
    Size: 15084
    --success
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    Sending file to device
    Size: 22674
    --success
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    Sending file to device
    Size: 14209
    --success
    Last edited by precaution; 04/13/2010 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    I wonder if someone can help. I installed GNU Patch and then downloaded plug 2.3.0 and used WEBOSQuickinstall to install this to my Pre.
    However, in the instructions there is a section which reads as follows:
    -------------------------------------
    org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All
    -----------------------------

Im not sure what to do with the part in between the dashed lines above.

In the past (on older versions) I only used WEBOSQuickinstall to install the downloaded package.

Anyway, the plug in works for MSN no problems. However, with OCS it says the server cant be located. I know the server settings are correct. Under the previous version I used to have an option to ignore bad certificates which I had to check for OCS to work. On the new version there is no option for bad certificates.

Either I have not installed properly (e.g. havent done the bit between the dashed lines above) or the option has been removed

Any ideas anyone?
    Thank you
    Thanks to those who replied.
    I just realised that the 'bad certificate' option is on screen previous to the one where you type the account credentials. so all sorted.
    As for the order of files, i just copied and pasted all that came in the zip file and it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    Identical issue here. I can always login once to yahoo messenger, but when disconnected and attempting to make subsequent connects, it will fail as if the login is invalid (wont get a message saying it though). Thus, I'm forced to delete my yahoo messenger profile and then add it new again whenever I need to connect with the pre. Needless to say, this isn't an optimal method.

Any fixes?
    I have contacted Yahoo about this, and they aren't changing anything. So it's official - all new Yahoo accounts will fail to log in if you use the @yahoo.com on the end.

Pidgin knows about this as it will say when the login fails that the most common cause of failure is use of email address and not user ID.

The question is where is the @yahoo.com being inserted? Is the IM client putting it in, or is it something in the closed-source half of the code?
    I have contacted Yahoo about this, and they aren't changing anything. So it's official - all new Yahoo accounts will fail to log in if you use the @yahoo.com on the end.

Pidgin knows about this as it will say when the login fails that the most common cause of failure is use of email address and not user ID.

The question is where is the @yahoo.com being inserted? Is the IM client putting it in, or is it something in the closed-source half of the code?
    A workaround to this would be to create a Nimbuzz account. You can add your Yahoo credentials to Nimbuzz. Then connect to Nimbuzz using Greg's Jabber plug in. I know it's not elegant but it should work just fine.

Edit: I've had this problem several times before and my Yahoo account is very old. Currently everything is working great. I ended up uninstalling the plugins and any patch that affected messaging. Next I reinstalled the patch and sysfiles plugins. Then I created my yahoo account. I made sure it was the first account I created. Next, I tested the account for a while to see if connectivity issues existed. Then I reinstalled the the other plug ins I use followed by any messaging patches I uninstalled earlier. This may not matter but I thought I would post it up.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 04/13/2010 at 10:01 AM.
    I got this error when trying to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.3.0_armv7.ipk.

I have installed 2.2.0 versions successfully before on 1.4 and upgraded to 1.4.1, today I uninstalled the old version, restared webos and tried to install the 2.3.0 ipks but hit the error.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    I got this error when trying to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.3.0_armv7.ipk.

I have installed 2.2.0 versions successfully before on 1.4 and upgraded to 1.4.1, today I uninstalled the old version, restared webos and tried to install the 2.3.0 ipks but hit the error.

Yeah, same here, I had 2.0.4 before... I had to restore every file that it tries to patch from the webosDoctor file... a nightmare :/
    For some reason my little icons in the preferences that show online status are now just blank little circles. I've not made any changes to themes recently.

I'm looking for some kind of documentation or hints as to where to goto trouble shoot this.

I have already attempted a full uninstall/reinstall (with repair) of the messaging plugins.

Thanks, and this is probably the best thing to happen to the Pre since extended batteries, greg rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by aramova View Post
    For some reason my little icons in the preferences that show online status are now just blank little circles. I've not made any changes to themes recently.

I'm looking for some kind of documentation or hints as to where to goto trouble shoot this.

I have already attempted a full uninstall/reinstall (with repair) of the messaging plugins.

Thanks, and this is probably the best thing to happen to the Pre since extended batteries, greg rocks
    You have obviously restarted your Pre after the reinstall, am I right?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You have obviously restarted your Pre after the reinstall, am I right?
    Indeed. I did a WOSQI removal of the messaging plugins, removal of patch, reboot, repair utility, reboot, reinstall of patch/plugins, reboot, logged into all services, whom all work properly. No issues going online/offline. Just the icons showing service status in the preference menu are little clear circles like the image files are missing. (No, I'm not logged in as invis )

Services used:
    AIM, yahoo, Google, Facebook (via jabber), ICQ, MSN, MySpace.

No problems using the services, just seeing status.

Thanks again for the help
    [QUOTE=NiceGuy;2379245]I got this error when trying to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.3.0_armv7.ipk.

[IMG]

I was also getting this error I had forgot to install the GNU patch I installed it with preware and the error went away not for sure if this is the case.
    [QUOTE=abansb;2380213]

[IMG]

I was also getting this error I had forgot to install the GNU patch I installed it with preware and the error went away not for sure if this is the case.
    Not in this case, confirmed that the GNU patch was installed

My problem seems to be below, same as some of the users.. but I don't know here this file is supposed to be in O2 germany phone, already run webrepair, but no help

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed Apr 14 08:07:26 SGT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Messaging Plugins

----------------------------------
    CHECKING FAILED!
    Patching of prefsSetupAccount-scene will fail! Another patch must have modified this file. Fix this file and try again.
    ----------------------------------

I'm getting this error for the first time as well.

I had to doctor my today and I did have the Messenger Plugins installed with this version of WebOS (1.4.1.1) previously.

Anyone have any idea why it's getting an error now?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

[QUOTE=NiceGuy;2380414]
    Quote Originally Posted by abansb View Post

Not in this case, confirmed that the GNU patch was installed

My problem seems to be below, same as some of the users.. but I don't know here this file is supposed to be in O2 germany phone, already run webrepair, but no help
    Uninstall every messaging related patch, after that, try to install the messaging patch, wosqi will reply about some file being already patched. You will then have to restore every file from webosdoctor.

How?

"Easy", you have to open webosdoctor.jar with explorer or winzip or winrar or 7zip, search and extract resources/webos.tar , open webos.tar and you will find a castleimage.tar.gz or something like this, it's a 300+Mb file.

Inside the castle file you'll find the files, note the path that webos quick install shows, get the file and send it to your Pre (again, in quick install you have a send option).

You'll try to install the patch and it'll keep barking for about 5 or 6 files. I restored each one and in the end I got everything working!!

After you install everything you may install some messaging preware patches, I have personal avatar (left), character counter, landscape messaging, all of them installed after this procedure.

Maybe I did too much, but this worked for me
    [QUOTE=NuttyBunny;2380510]

Uninstall every messaging related patch, after that, try to install the messaging patch, wosqi will reply about some file being already patched. You will then have to restore every file from webosdoctor.

How?

"Easy", you have to open webosdoctor.jar with explorer or winzip or winrar or 7zip, search and extract resources/webos.tar , open webos.tar and you will find a castleimage.tar.gz or something like this, it's a 300+Mb file.

Inside the castle file you'll find the files, note the path that webos quick install shows, get the file and send it to your Pre (again, in quick install you have a send option).

You'll try to install the patch and it'll keep barking for about 5 or 6 files. I restored each one and in the end I got everything working!!

After you install everything you may install some messaging preware patches, I have personal avatar (left), character counter, landscape messaging, all of them installed after this procedure.

Maybe I did too much, but this worked for me
    thanks for the workaround, but shouldn't webdoctoring it to vanilla 1.4.1 make this work? I wonder or do we still need these steps after a webdoctor... need to try out tonight
    Last edited by NiceGuy; 04/13/2010 at 08:57 PM.
    [quote=NiceGuy;2380543]
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

thanks for the workaround, but shouldn't webdoctoring it to vanilla 1.4.1 make this work? I wonder or do we still need these steps after a webdoctor... need to try out tonight
    I tried the webos repair, I ended up doing a doctor and a full erase and a erase of my profile.

Hopefully, this will fix it.

This is the 3rd doctor I've done in 2 days. (only one for the messaging plugins)

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

20.    #540  

Hi guys,

I should be able to remove the @yahoo.com bit myself. I will look at this for the next version.

Thanks for the find,
    Greg