Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    No problem. Let me know how it works for you. Since I made this change I haven't seen my phone sign off unless I actually lost signal entirely.

The only problem I'm still having is that some times my roster shows up empty on the phone. I don't know if this is caused by the messaging plugins, or if open fire is screwing something up....
    Finally re-enabled the messaging plugin after fixing Openfire. Now it's working fine. Thanks a million
    Custom jabber priority?

Hey Greg, any chance of letting us change the priority of the jabber client? I'm running Openfire, which lets messages go to more than one resource if they have the same priority -- which is particularly nice if you want to leave everything running in the background of your Pre. But SparkWeb (the web interface to Openfire) sets its priority as 0, and I don't think there's any way to change that.

Not a huge issue, but boy would it be nice.......
    was wondering if you could add a few things,

one being able to sign in to individual accounts, instead of having all accounts sign in at the same time,

an option to not have auto sign in and request password

and an option to hide IM contacts from the main contacts app.

I think palm should add these to the app..but until then it would be great if you could
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    was wondering if you could add a few things,

one being able to sign in to individual accounts, instead of having all accounts sign in at the same time,

an option to not have auto sign in and request password

and an option to hide IM contacts from the main contacts app.

I think palm should add these to the app..but until then it would be great if you could
    Hi kel101,

Individual login and out is available in 2.3. Setup all your accounts then click on the account in preferences. You will get a popup with lots of options

As for the other two the Palm only seems to auto login if the account was logged in before a reboot or connection drop etc etc.

This and the auto add of accounts is build in to the palm closed source code and I can't change it.

Hopefully they will add these in the future to stop this.

Greg
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by 35whl21 View Post
    Custom jabber priority?

Hey Greg, any chance of letting us change the priority of the jabber client? I'm running Openfire, which lets messages go to more than one resource if they have the same priority -- which is particularly nice if you want to leave everything running in the background of your Pre. But SparkWeb (the web interface to Openfire) sets its priority as 0, and I don't think there's any way to change that.

Not a huge issue, but boy would it be nice.......
    Hi 35whl21,

Yep I can look in to it Have you used pidgin before? If so how do you set the priority with this?

Thanks,
    Greg
    hey greg_roll

what's up with Gadu Gadu?

In the contacts app there is no option to select Gadu Gadu
    in messaging app:
    1 Buddies don't show up
    2. Can't see if they are online or not
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    hey greg_roll

what's up with Gadu Gadu?

In the contacts app there is no option to select Gadu Gadu
    in messaging app:
    1 Buddies don't show up
    2. Can't see if they are online or not
    Hey en0x,

The contacts app is seperate. I will investigate if I can add more options there. I believe some of the closed source palm code may have something to do with this. Nicely palm included quiet a few protocols in their closed source by default but gadu gadu does not.

Not sure why the buddies arent showing up. Any chance you can run a DebugMP.sh??

Thanks,
    Greg
    where do you want me to upload a log and some screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hey en0x,

The contacts app is seperate. I will investigate if I can add more options there. I believe some of the closed source palm code may have something to do with this. Nicely palm included quiet a few protocols in their closed source by default but gadu gadu does not.

Not sure why the buddies arent showing up. Any chance you can run a DebugMP.sh??

Thanks,
    Greg
    I'm in 1.4.1.1 can i still used???
    Quote Originally Posted by xpot55 View Post
    I'm in 1.4.1.1 can i still used???
    in english plz...

yes u can use the ipks on 1.4.1.1
    I'm having a new issue. Live and jabber (facebook) are not sending my IMs. The sent IMs remain grey indefinetly. Bult in services such as gtalk work fine.
    Hi 35whl21,

Yep I can look in to it Have you used pidgin before? If so how do you set the priority with this?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Whoops. Pidgin doesn't let you manually set priority (Protocol Specific Questions – Pidgin – Trac). I'd forgotten you were working off of libpurple.

Sigh.......

(Thanks for the quick and open-minded response, though) :-)
  13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    where do you want me to upload a log and some screenshots?
    Hi en0x,

If you can send it to me in a Private Message that would be great

Thanks,
    Greg
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by 35whl21 View Post
    Whoops. Pidgin doesn't let you manually set priority (Protocol Specific Questions – Pidgin – Trac). I'd forgotten you were working off of libpurple.

Sigh.......

(Thanks for the quick and open-minded response, though) :-)
    No worries at all. If you ever notice it supports priority let me know and ill add it

Thanks,
    Greg
    I can't seem to find the file http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...4-Palm-Pre.zip

It comes up with a multiple choice instead.. can you please assist? ty!!
    Quote Originally Posted by evanesce View Post
    I can't seem to find the file http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...4-Palm-Pre.zip

It comes up with a multiple choice instead.. can you please assist? ty!!
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Mes...0-Palm-Pre.zip

You clicked an old link to 2.0.4. It's 2.3.0 now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Mes...0-Palm-Pre.zip

You clicked an old link to 2.0.4. It's 2.3.0 now.
    Thanks you are very correct. I was confused between 2.0.4 and 2.4.0 or something in one of the files from the zip.
    No worries at all. If you ever notice it supports priority let me know and ill add it

Thanks,
    Greg
    Really? Adium is based on libpurple as well, and it lets you set the priority. In fact, it lets you set your available priority and your away priority.

Since the phone seems to use a priority of 1 I set my available priority in adium to 2, and my away priority to 0. The result being that my phone doesn't get any messages when I'm at my computer, but when I'm away it gets them.
    no way just to get the live messenger by itself?
    I wonder if someone can help. I installed GNU Patch and then downloaded plug 2.3.0 and used WEBOSQuickinstall to install this to my Pre.
    However, in the instructions there is a section which reads as follows:
    -------------------------------------
    org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All
    -----------------------------

Im not sure what to do with the part in between the dashed lines above.

In the past (on older versions) I only used WEBOSQuickinstall to install the downloaded package.

Anyway, the plug in works for MSN no problems. However, with OCS it says the server cant be located. I know the server settings are correct. Under the previous version I used to have an option to ignore bad certificates which I had to check for OCS to work. On the new version there is no option for bad certificates.

Either I have not installed properly (e.g. havent done the bit between the dashed lines above) or the option has been removed

Any ideas anyone?
    Thank you