Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i've always had most of my contacts show up with numbers as names with the facebook plugin. the jabber plugin works really well for facebook.

make yourself a 'username' in your facebook account settings.

install the jabber plugin

configure it with:

username: yourfacebookusername@chat.facebook.com

resource: (leave this blank)

server: chat.facebook.com

port: 5222

tls: false

password: yourfacebookpassword

-------------
    all your facebook contacts should show up with names instead of numbers in the messaging application. furthermore, synergy will link the majority of these to the facebook account in contacts and messaging will display profile pictures as the avatars.

there were a handful of contacts i had to link manually due to small name discrepancies. ie. John H. Doe = John Doe
    Quote Originally Posted by 35whl21 View Post
    I've taken the messaging patch of my phone pending a solution to this problem, but I'll try it tonight.

Thanks a ton.
    No problem. Let me know how it works for you. Since I made this change I haven't seen my phone sign off unless I actually lost signal entirely.

The only problem I'm still having is that some times my roster shows up empty on the phone. I don't know if this is caused by the messaging plugins, or if open fire is screwing something up....
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Thank you very much.. So whats the sense of the FB plugin then?
    In the 2.2 version it was also like this.. Strange
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i believe the difference, is that the fb plugin uses facebook's proprietary API to communicate, whereas the jabber plugin uses a standardized protocol and connects to a different fb server set up to work with jabber.

i don't read every single post in the many messaging plugins threads, but last i read, the fb plugin has had mixed results for many, and is still under development.
    so is this supposed to work with sms tone per contact patch? Does not work for me. Messaging patch installed sms patch does not.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    is there any way to get real names in contacts instead of jabber numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    i've always had most of my contacts show up with numbers as names with the facebook plugin. the jabber plugin works really well for facebook.

make yourself a 'username' in your facebook account settings.

install the jabber plugin

configure it with:

username: yourfacebookusername@chat.facebook.com

resource: (leave this blank)

server: chat.facebook.com

port: 5222

tls: false

password: yourfacebookpassword

-------------
    all your facebook contacts should show up with names instead of numbers in the messaging application. furthermore, synergy will link the majority of these to the facebook account in contacts and messaging will display profile pictures as the avatars.

there were a handful of contacts i had to link manually due to small name discrepancies. ie. John H. Doe = John Doe
    After weeks of trying to figure this out, you finally hit the nail!! Thank you! No more numbers for me.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    is there any way to get real names in contacts instead of jabber numbers?
    link the jabber contacts to facebook contacts.
    link the jabber contacts to facebook contacts.
    No! Just turn off the Avatar option in the settings and reload contacts. you will get avatars and real names!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    has anyone had this issue with jabber facebook. a contact messages you but you can't respond back. you type something and its grayed out like its not going thru. This happens on and off. But I can start conversations but not the other way around sometimes. if that makes sense. im using the 2.3 plugins and sprint 1.4.1.1
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    The problem I'm having now is a bit different. If the same contact has gtalk and facebook they get linked through sinergy, then that contact will be duplicated even if only one account is online. Anyway this can be fixed Greg?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    has anyone had this issue with jabber facebook. a contact messages you but you can't respond back. you type something and its grayed out like its not going thru. This happens on and off. But I can start conversations but not the other way around sometimes. if that makes sense. im using the 2.3 plugins and sprint 1.4.1.1
    i've had this happen from time to time, most often with windows live. full reboot takes care of it for me.
    Has anyone had success installing this on 1.4.1?
  14.    #494  
    Hi guys,

Anyone out there able to help me debug some C?

I have figured out the lines of code failing on the Pre (that work on the emulator and pidgin in general) that stops group wise from working correctly.

Something with the Pre must be wrong no so much the code but maybe the lines of code might help someone help me.

If you could help please P.M me.

Thanks
    Greg
    ocassionally I am unable to send messages or receive messages from others. It seems as if i am ignoring my friends. This is causing me much distress. Can you fix this issue somehow?

I am going to uninstall it until then.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    No! Just turn off the Avatar option in the settings and reload contacts. you will get avatars and real names!
    I mean it like this.. The jabber account is already linked to the right contact.
    Have a look at the screenshot and you will see what I mean..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I finally got yahoo and live messenger to work took me all day of tring they both take a little while to sign in and after I restart my phone I have to remove the yahoo account and re-add it for yahoo to work
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I mean it like this.. The jabber account is already linked to the right contact.
    Have a look at the screenshot and you will see what I mean..
    this is normal, and cannot be changed.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    this is normal, and cannot be changed.
    Hmm.. but this is strange. IM can show real names and contacts can only see uids? What a pitty..
    Hmm.. but this is strange. IM can show real names and contacts can only see uids? What a pitty..
    The contacts app is showing the uid's because that is the "real" information for that protocol. If the contacts app didn't display this info there wouldn't be a place to view it anywhere. Since you must select an individual contact to open to view the uid's you should know who you're looking at. Why would you want to look at the contact name again for the contact you selected?

The IM app is grouping everything by the contact name specified in the primary profile for the contact. This makes the IM app more legible and user friendly.