Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Can someone plz explain what each .ipk file is to? for example what are "...messagingqq.2.0.0_armv7.ipk" and "....messagingofficecommunicator_2.0.0_armv7.ipk" for. Id just like to know what i'm installing before i do. and some of them aren't so obvious. The obvious ones are pretty simple, "...messaginglive_2.0.0_armv7.ipk" i would assume would be for msn live. "...messagingfacebook_2.0.1_armv7.ipk" referring to facebook chat.
    hmnn so i installed all of the ipk files with the 2.3 release. i'd like to uninstall them now but they aren't listed in the patch menu in WOSQI, so how do i go about uninstalling them?

UPDATE: Found all of them listed under Applications within Device Management in WOSQI.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    so page one has the steps listed for what we need to install

"org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All "

however those are not all in the 2.3 zip - or they are old and do not match the new files ...

can you please update page 1 with the new 2.3 and the steps??

THANK YOU!!
    The first one:

"org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk"

Has to do with the GnuPatch. That can be found in Preware.

The others, if you just ignore the version number (since they'll always HOPEFULLY be increasing) just read the names and you'll know.

You always first install the sysfiles, then the patch, then the specific ones you want, or the allplugins. That's always the order, regardless of version numbers.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by titanyium View Post
    Can someone plz explain what each .ipk file is to? for example what are "...messagingqq.2.0.0_armv7.ipk" and "....messagingofficecommunicator_2.0.0_armv7.ipk" for. Id just like to know what i'm installing before i do. and some of them aren't so obvious. The obvious ones are pretty simple, "...messaginglive_2.0.0_armv7.ipk" i would assume would be for msn live. "...messagingfacebook_2.0.1_armv7.ipk" referring to facebook chat.
    As you said, most of them are self-explanatory, for the others, if you don't know them/can't recognize them, you most probably don't use that service and have no need to install that plugin.

Just remember: you ALWAYS need to install sysfiles first, then the patch itself, then anything after that is optional. Just get the ones you know/use and leave the others out. If you REALLY want, you can always just download all of them and never use them, but it's kind of pointless if you don't even know what they are.
    Tried to install 2.3.0 on 1.4.1, but there's something wrong.

Installed the sysfiles without any problems, but if I'm trying to install the Messaging Patch this is what I get:

Anyone who knows what's wrong?
    Greg,
    First off thanks for all the work you have done on this and getting it up and ruuning. I was wondering if you have any suggestions/thoughts as to why when i log into my yahoo account it works for a short period of time then logs off and i try to go log back in and it doesnt do anything and the only way i can get it working again is to remove the account and then add it back again but it only works for a little while again and then stops working and i have to do it all over again. Thanks for any suggestions/help you can give me on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 35whl21 View Post
    I'm using the jabber plugin to connect to my own Openfire server (with self-signed SSL in case that is relevant), and while it connects just fine it seems to login and logout pretty frequently. Other users see me toggling to between online and offline every couple of minutes. In addition to being somewhat annoying, I'm wondering if this may be contributing to the really pathetic battery life I'm experiencing since the switchover to 1.4. I don't think this was happening before the 1.4 upgrade.

Anybody else having a similar experience?
    I am having exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post

Installed the sysfiles without any problems, but if I'm trying to install the Messaging Patch this is what I get:

same thing here.
    I am still trying to get mine working as well Yahoo seems like it is the only one acting up but its also the only one i use too lol

same with me as well
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Same here as well.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Same here as well
    I tried installing 2.3.0 on 1.4.1 and install goes fine but the only thing that shows up under preferences & accounts is the buttons and they are blank can't really tell what is what I removed the sysfiles and patch and plugins took yahoo off I had to reinstall the sysfiles and patch to get yahoo working again

has anyone got this working on 1.4.1?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I get the same error as the screenshot above (@madcow). I cant find a fix for it.

I hope someone finds a solution or better yet, the plugin gets updated.
  14.    #454  
    Hi guys,

For those of you having errors installing run the WebOS repair utility found here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html

If any of the follow files are found to be modified repair them, reboot and try install again.

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs

Thanks Greg
    Do these add-ins still dump all the messaging contacts into your contact list? I tried AIM awhile back and found it did that with no way to remove them. I'm specifically wondering about Yahoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

For those of you having errors installing run the WebOS repair utility found here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html

If any of the follow files are found to be modified repair them, reboot and try install again.

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs

Thanks Greg
    thanx!!!
    Last edited by derBoehm; 04/06/2010 at 01:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I have read all of the messages, and cant get the facebook plugin to work.

Do I have to use jabba and NOT the facebook account setup? Or can I use facebook without jabba?

I keep getting
    Could not connect to the server. Try again.

When I look on the list of "Add An Account" I see the plugins, I choose Facebook Chat. What do I need to enter into "USERNAME" and "PASSWORD" to get this to work?

I enter my Facebook "Account Settings" username, and facebook password, didnt work.
    Last edited by Vkitty; 04/05/2010 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VzwPrePlus View Post
    Do these add-ins still dump all the messaging contacts into your contact list? I tried AIM awhile back and found it did that with no way to remove them. I'm specifically wondering about Yahoo.
    I think it's by design. At first I'm quite annoyed by that after launching Live Messenger and it dumped my contacts in, but after I linked everything up it's actually convenient. I can switch between text and MSN when messaging my friend.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    THANK YOU!!!!

Can't believe this thing didn't support Yahoo out of the box. Of course, I had to do this twice. The first time, I just put all the files into Quick Install, and it borked my Pre and I had to Doctor it.

Once I installed the pieces one at a time, it worked great.

Looking forward to doing some development of my own on this little beast.
    my phone supported yahoo out of the box. Is that weird?