Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    I followed the instructions and I got no error messages during installation. I only installed Facebook, Myspace, Live and Jabber. Facebook and live worked. Myspace didn't work and I didn't try Jabber yet. Yahoo was not working before I added Gregs plugins but now it is working also. Before I updated to 1.4.1 I uninstalled all the messaging plugins, patches and my theme.
    I can't get myspace to work either. I try to add the account and it sits there forever trying and then says could not connect to the server. try again. Anyone get it to work?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
    I've been trying to get OCS to function on my palm pre for a couple of days. I'm actually one of the administrators for my company for OCS. Just wondering if you could answer a quick question since I haven't been able to log in. Was the application written to access the client web access servers for OCS or the Access Edge servers for OCS? It seems like no configuration I use works. Also we are using OCS R2 which I know doesn't work with a lot of other applications out there for OCS since microsoft made some access changes. Any help is much appreciated.
    Bump for my OCS issue, anyone have Office Communicator working pm me please!
    Quote Originally Posted by billhuey View Post
    Greg, got an error installing it complaining about /var/tmpwebosver not being found. Looks like the patch, not sys or plugins, failed to install.

Looks like the uninstall from the previous installation of the patch had some left overs. How do I restore thing to the original state without doing a full Doctor ?
    I'm getting this too, I can't get the messaging patch to install. Also something about messaging-constants.jsjsjs, $reversed$ $or$ $previously$ $applied$ $patch$ $detected$. $I$ $really$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $doctor$ $my$ $phone$ $again$, $but$ $I$'$ve$ $never$ $been$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $a$ $working$ $download$ $of$ $webos$ $repair$ $utility$.
    OMG...My contacts i hope fix soon
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Aaron, you have to uninstall everything that installed already and replace the files it talks about in the popup dialog.

to do so, extract webos doctor, extract the castle image, etc. find the files and push them via webOS Quickinstall.
    alternatively, you can use webOS repair utility (never did that).

after that it works.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    Updatet with 2.2.0 installed, had some minor bugs after that. removed it completly, restored the original system files with webos repair utility, rebootet. installed 2.3.0, now the messaging app won't even open. so back to no messaging. until this gets fixed

/edit german o2 pre with 1.4.1 btw

/edit #2 redownloaded the files, restored all orignal files again, installed messaging patch, works.

/edit #3 could receive messages, could not send them, did a full phone restart, now messaging app does not load again ok seems that it needed some time, after a few minutes of waiting, app starts and works like a charm
    same here. you just have to wait a bit after a reboot, no worries.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    greg.. Thanks for your work bud. This one of my more important plugins-patch. After the 1.4.1 update.. Everything still works great. It never broke stride, to be honest. I don't have the little icons in preferences & accounts but I can fix that myself. Thanx!

P.S. running FB through jabber and also running Live (MSN).
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Any comments on the affect that being logged into multiple IM servers has on battery life?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevank View Post
    Any comments on the affect that being logged into multiple IM servers has on battery life?
    shouldn't make a difference. what comsumes your battery is activity on the data connection. if it is caused by one or many IMs is not important. important is how active it is.
    I got mine working with 1.4.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pampeldibuh View Post
    Hi, I installed the messaging Plugins (all & facebook) on my German O2 Pre. It worked fine with the up-to-date webos Quick install.

But now my phone Menu is broken. I installed several other things before i noticed this, so i don't know which patch caused this.

I can't change any setting (can't turn on data) and i didn't saw some of the entries before.
    Can someone Help me?

did you install "character counter"? first uninstall youre patches then install just only the messenger plug in. got the same screens after i patched the character counter for messages.
    Thank you Greg Roll, For some reason my Yahoo account when I put in my password always said invalid password. I installed this, Fairly easy to install although I had to run EPR but luckily I just reset my phone for other reasons and then it worked perfectly and Yahoo recognizes my password now. Great job. Thanks given.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Seems to keep logging me out of FB chat.
    If I got to Preferences/Accounts it has Sign off checked, when I click on available I have to keep entering my password.

Any way to keep it persistently signed on?
    How do I remove Live Messaging contacts?

I removed one from my desktop side, it still shows up on my Pre. I tried hitting R/W Contacts, sign in/sign out, nothing happened.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    btw everyone.. i have DR my phone then reinstall the new 2.3 patch and it works now.. well no error while install .. good note
    Where the hell is 2.3?? all i see is 2.2 on the main page
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Where the hell is 2.3?? all i see is 2.2 on the main page
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2345201
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Here is version 2.3. Nice Easter present

Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=2HZ7F8Z2EADSQ&lc=AU&item_name=Messaging%20Plugins&currency_code=AUD&b n=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

IMPORTANT: Remove All Plugins, Patch and System Files then restart.

Whats new?

• SMS Tone support
    • Facebook chat now added to all plugins
    • "Accept bad cert" now catches more bad certificates
    • Better cleanup of files during uninstall
    • I now query the "submissions version" so we don't have the same issue that happened with 2.2
    • All files are checked first to ensure patching will work
    • Improved X-Fire account image
    • X-Fire individual IPK now installs correctly
    • Gadu-Gadu Support
    • MYSpace support
    • Patching now logs to /media/internal/webos-patches.log like other webos patches.
    • Changed default groupwise port to 8300
    • XFire server, port and version settings
    • Minor update to how jabber loads contacts
    • Added "Hide client ID" to sametime

Download Links:
    Pre
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-Pre.zip

Pixi
    ====
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

SDK
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-SDK.zip

Thanks,
    Greg
    so page one has the steps listed for what we need to install

"org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All "

however those are not all in the 2.3 zip - or they are old and do not match the new files ...

can you please update page 1 with the new 2.3 and the steps??

THANK YOU!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    myspace and facebook plugins are not working for me
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!