Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Can anyone tell me why there are times when using MSN the Pre doesn't push the message. I have to reboot to get it to work again. I know others have this problem but have never figured out why it does or what the solution might be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble getting any IM service to work now. I dont know what i did wrong. I thing maybe i screwed something up when i installed the facebook chat patch that uses google talk. i mostly use Yahoo IM and I want it back Greg's messaging plugings have me spoiled with it and I gotta get it back working. I tried to re/over install it and still it installs, but nothing signs in. what am i doing wrong?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    one thing I can recommend, that makes this all a LOT smother: get on a free jabber server that supports transports. create an account there, add transports for everything you need (ICQ, MSN, etc.) if the server supports it.

then, add that single jabber account by means of these patches, and you're done.
    works much smother now. ICQ for example often didn't send the messages it typed (they stayed grey, never turned black) or didn't connect at all. With the jabber server in between, it works like a charm.

thanks Greg! Enjoy a few beers
    wow, this is nice, greg!!! thats almost all i wished for!
    i got msn and facebook running. thats all i need, except for skype (would be toooo awesome to have that)..

its a bit of a pity that FB contacts are shown as numbers only. but its not to big of a problem as you can link the profiles with the other FB contacts (the ones from the FBapp), so that the names are shown in messaging. will take a while, until all the names are linked, but thats cool.
    somewhere in this thread i read for FB-Names i should switch off aliases.. i only see the option to enable "avatars", is that it? well if so, it doesnt do the trick for me, keep seeing numbers. but as i said, thats allright..

one question i have thoug. every message i get (be it from FB, MSN OR even Google) shows up twice..

me : hello
    partner: hi, how are you
    partner: hi, how are you
    me: why are you typing that twice
    partner: what you mean?
    partner: what you mean?
    me....

thats what it looks like, pretty much. it is really not a problem at all!!! i just wonder why it is and if it can be switched off.

im loving your plugins!!! thanks soooo much!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Any chance we can see XMPP support at some point? (Unless it already planned and I missed it then ignore the hell out of me.)
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    one thing I can recommend, that makes this all a LOT smother: get on a free jabber server that supports transports. create an account there, add transports for everything you need (ICQ, MSN, etc.) if the server supports it.

then, add that single jabber account by means of these patches, and you're done.
    works much smother now. ICQ for example often didn't send the messages it typed (they stayed grey, never turned black) or didn't connect at all. With the jabber server in between, it works like a charm.

thanks Greg! Enjoy a few beers
    Kanzlr, I also use this solution. what jabber servers do you use? The previous one that I use (jaim.at) is quite unstable now. Any recommendations? Thanks.
  7.    #387  
    Hi guys,

Here is version 2.3. Nice Easter present

Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=2HZ7F8Z2EADSQ&lc=AU&item_name=Messaging%20Plugins&currency_code=AUD&b n=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

IMPORTANT: Remove All Plugins, Patch and System Files then restart.

Whats new?

• SMS Tone support
    • Facebook chat now added to all plugins
    • "Accept bad cert" now catches more bad certificates
    • Better cleanup of files during uninstall
    • I now query the "submissions version" so we don't have the same issue that happened with 2.2
    • All files are checked first to ensure patching will work
    • Improved X-Fire account image
    • X-Fire individual IPK now installs correctly
    • Gadu-Gadu Support
    • MYSpace support
    • Patching now logs to /media/internal/webos-patches.log like other webos patches.
    • Changed default groupwise port to 8300
    • XFire server, port and version settings
    • Minor update to how jabber loads contacts
    • Added "Hide client ID" to sametime

Download Links:
    Pre
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-Pre.zip

Pixi
    ====
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

SDK
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-SDK.zip

Thanks,
    Greg
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by matikz View Post
    Any chance we can see XMPP support at some point? (Unless it already planned and I missed it then ignore the hell out of me.)
    Hi matikz,

Thats what the jabber plugin is for

Greg
    I guess you missed my previous post. Would it be possible for you to fix the dependency of allplugins package so it would be possible to install these through private Preware feed without need of creating empty package that provides that dependency. The allplugins package depends to org.webosinternals.messaging that is not provided by any package, I guess it should depend to org.webosinternals.messagingpatch.

And one extra question, does the latest or will some future versions support of setting port for IRC server?

And once again thanks for the all hard work with these plugins.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi, I installed the messaging Plugins (all & facebook) on my German O2 Pre. It worked fine with the up-to-date webos Quick install.

But now my phone Menu is broken. I installed several other things before i noticed this, so i don't know which patch caused this.

I can't change any setting (can't turn on data) and i didn't saw some of the entries before.
    Can someone Help me?

hell yessss!

sms tne support? Sweeet.

your post mentioned to remove all patches first..im lazy to do so. Ugh

did anyone install without removing any patches?
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I guess you missed my previous post. Would it be possible for you to fix the dependency of allplugins package so it would be possible to install these through private Preware feed without need of creating empty package that provides that dependency. The allplugins package depends to org.webosinternals.messaging that is not provided by any package, I guess it should depend to org.webosinternals.messagingpatch.

And one extra question, does the latest or will some future versions support of setting port for IRC server?

And once again thanks for the all hard work with these plugins.
    Hi sconix,

Sorry I forgot to reply. I will fix this dependancy in the next version

Thanks,
    Greg
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    hell yessss!

sms tne support? Sweeet.

your post mentioned to remove all patches first..im lazy to do so. Ugh

did anyone install without removing any patches?
    Hi trim81,

Yep sms tone support "should" work

Yep at least remove the 3 messaging installs first then reboot and install the new ones.

Oh BTW if you want sms tone support install that before the messaging plugins.

Thanks,
    Greg
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pampeldibuh View Post
    Hi, I installed the messaging Plugins (all & facebook) on my German O2 Pre. It worked fine with the up-to-date webos Quick install.

But now my phone Menu is broken. I installed several other things before i noticed this, so i don't know which patch caused this.

I can't change any setting (can't turn on data) and i didn't saw some of the entries before.
    Can someone Help me?

Hi Pampeldibuh,

Without passing the buck I don't believe it was these plugins that broke your phone. I don't touch those screens. (Well I dont think I do as I can't read german. But they don't look like any I touch)

I would recommend running the webos recovery tool by Jason and replace any files that are broken. Then restart and try installing everything one at a time.

Hope this helps!
    Greg
  15.    #395  
    Hi guys,

Thought i'd let you know where im at.

Group Wise: Finally been able to replicate the problem. It works on the SDK but not the phone. I'm stumped but will look in to it

Sametime: I think everyone should now be able to login with 2.3.0
    I have some good debug files so I should be able to fix send and recieve. There are still a few other minor things.

Greg
    yey Gadu Gadu support!!!
    hi greg_roll... do you maybe know how I can load a user list in Gadu Gadu?

btw there is no option for Gadu Gadu in contacts app...

when I add gadu gadu contact I can chat with him but he is not showing up in Buddies...

but when somebody writes to you you can talk to him and it shows up as Gadu Gadu in top of messaging app

in google contacts it saves the contact as gadu not Gadu Gadu maybe that;s why it's not showing it in buddies?
    Last edited by en0x; 03/31/2010 at 08:16 AM.
    Greg, got an error installing it complaining about /var/tmpwebosver not being found. Looks like the patch, not sys or plugins, failed to install.

Looks like the uninstall from the previous installation of the patch had some left overs. How do I restore thing to the original state without doing a full Doctor ?
    Last edited by billhuey; 03/31/2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I've been trying to get OCS to function on my palm pre for a couple of days. I'm actually one of the administrators for my company for OCS. Just wondering if you could answer a quick question since I haven't been able to log in. Was the application written to access the client web access servers for OCS or the Access Edge servers for OCS? It seems like no configuration I use works. Also we are using OCS R2 which I know doesn't work with a lot of other applications out there for OCS since microsoft made some access changes. Any help is much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by billhuey View Post
    Greg, got an error installing it complaining about /var/tmpwebosver not being found. Looks like the patch, not sys or plugins, failed to install.

Looks like the uninstall from the previous installation of the patch had some left overs. How do I restore thing to the original state without doing a full Doctor ?
    Got these same errors. I can't install the messaging patch after completely removing everything you said to and rebooting first. Every new release always brings some random error in installing the messaging patch itself. Any fix Greg? :P

Greg: if these errors are always related to improper cleanup from the uninstall of previous versions, perhaps you can release an ipk that goes and properly cleans up after itself? I really dont plan on doctoring just to install this new version and if that is the only solution, I'm really disappointed I didn't just stick with the old version that was working perfectly..
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/31/2010 at 11:50 AM.