Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    drag the IPK files into webOS Quickinstall and press the INSTALL button
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    how do i get the ipk files? i downloaded the plugins winrar file for 7 mb..

are the links more files to download? and i tried them on my browser, it says not valid.. or somethng
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi TreoRock,

Hows it going? If you or someone could tell me the settings that work that would be great! As long as it doesnt start breaking jabber

Thanks,
    Greg
    I was never able to figure out how to show contacts names instead of numbers using Facebook through the Jabber plug-in. I thought you knew or maybe somebody can clear this up on one post for everybody to learn.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre456 View Post
    how do i get the ipk files? i downloaded the plugins winrar file for 7 mb..

are the links more files to download? and i tried them on my browser, it says not valid.. or somethng
    The rar is a package in itself. You have to unpack the rar file with "Winrar".
    Go to "www.rarlab.com" and download the demo for your OS.

The ipk's are in the rar file.
    any possibility of myspace IM being added as a selection for this plugin? i no myspace is pretty much obselete nowadays but i still communicate with some friends via the IM
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    any possibility of myspace IM being added as a selection for this plugin? i no myspace is pretty much obselete nowadays but i still communicate with some friends via the IM
    use the mobile myspace site to use IM
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    Hi guys,

This is part of the next version

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    will you stop that please???..we know myspace mobile have chat..just like you can use your chat on regular browser..but it's not the same thing as using your messaging application to chat like you can do it now with facebook because of this patch...what part of that don't you understand??
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    will you stop that please???..we know myspace mobile have chat..just like you can use your chat on regular browser..but it's not the same thing as using your messaging application to chat like you can do it now with facebook because of this patch...what part of that don't you understand??
    cool story...

of course I know what he means, I'm just saying that you can use the mobile site. maybe some people didn't know that was an option?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hay Greg!
    I have a question for You: is there a chance to see gg (Gadu-Gadu, a polish IM)plugin in Pre.
    There's huge "colony" of people from Poland in the UK, not mantion that some of these who stayed in Poland uses Pre.
    Gadu-Gadu is the biggest and most popular IM in Poland and Polish people abroad.
    It's supported by Miranda, Pidgin, Adium, Kopete, Palringo just to mention the biggest akross the multiplatform universe.
    It can be used in Android, WM, iPhone, but not in Pre.
    Couple of millions People are waiting for every release of gg.
    Houndreds or tousends of Pre users are waiting for plugin by You .
    Including myself.
    Best wishes,
    -pretoo-

PS
    What do You need to know about Gadu-Gadu?
    There's its web page:
    Gadu-Gadu.pl
    I think the best help can offer Pidgin's gg plugin.
    I wish to be capable to do it myself, but I'm not a codder, nor programmer, etc.
    It's a shame, but I have to count on someone more skillful than I am.
    Good Luck with it and everything that You're up to!
    -p-
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by pretoo View Post
    Hay Greg!
    I have a question for You: is there a chance to see gg (Gadu-Gadu, a polish IM)plugin in Pre.
    There's huge "colony" of people from Poland in the UK, not mantion that some of these who stayed in Poland uses Pre.
    Gadu-Gadu is the biggest and most popular IM in Poland and Polish people abroad.
    It's supported by Miranda, Pidgin, Adium, Kopete, Palringo just to mention the biggest akross the multiplatform universe.
    It can be used in Android, WM, iPhone, but not in Pre.
    Couple of millions People are waiting for every release of gg.
    Houndreds or tousends of Pre users are waiting for plugin by You .
    Including myself.
    Best wishes,
    -pretoo-

PS
    What do You need to know about Gadu-Gadu?
    There's its web page:
    Gadu-Gadu.pl
    I think the best help can offer Pidgin's gg plugin.
    I wish to be capable to do it myself, but I'm not a codder, nor programmer, etc.
    It's a shame, but I have to count on someone more skillful than I am.
    Good Luck with it and everything that You're up to!
    -p-
    Hi pretoo,

I have good news for you. GG is already done for the next version. SHould hopefully be out in a week or two

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi pretoo,

I have good news for you. GG is already done for the next version. SHould hopefully be out in a week or two

Thanks,
    Greg
    Oh Yeah!
    Thanks a lot! It's wonderful news! Can't wait to try it out!
    You can count on me (& i suppose on every Pre/gg user at palmgsm.pl)for feedback if needed.

Thank You!
    Greetings from Poland.!
    With exitment,
    -pretoo-
    I've scanned through all the posts here, either I'm blind, dumb or both, but am having trouble with jabber. what is jabber? do i need to create an account with jabber? I am putting in my user name that I have on facebook into the usernamer space, i don't know what to put in the resource space, the server I have as chat.facebook.com; the port i left alone at 5222; TLS false; Enable avatars false and I put my facebook password. I get a "could not connect to the server. Try again" I've been getting that all day. Help please. All the others, Msn, ICQ work fine. I'm just having trouble with the jabber.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    you don't use your facebook username.
    you have to create a Jabber username at
    Facebook Chat. Everywhere. | Facebook

and use that username@chat.facebook.com

as your jabber user.

jabber is the old name of XMPP
    Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Greg, The app is awesome works perfect on the Pixi... BUT, on my Pre, I get an endless sign in loop... What is the cause/fix? Office Communicator BTW...
    Are these plug-ins still syncing all messenger contacts into your contact book? If so I'm gonna buy IM+ and hope for the best. But would rather not. Thanks.
    it keeps failing to connect even do i hav data and wifi on.. what am i doing wrong?

Edit:nvm i did something wrong lol :P , greg i was wondring if u can make a messanger that sends sms text messages useing wifi or data connection?
    Last edited by Ezero0065; 03/24/2010 at 12:34 AM.
    I guess it is not possible to set port for the IRC server yet? I know that the IRC support is not in the best shape but would have liked to try it out, but my irc proxy needs a custom port.

One more thing, I use my private Preware feed to install these patches and noticed that the plugins have wrong dependency name. I guess WQI does not mind about that, but I had to fix it manually to be able to install through Preware.

Thanks for the hard work these plugins / patches are great.
    I'm getting a mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed device or resource busy

this is while installing the sysfiles
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    so I had this up and running perfectly for Facebook chat via jabber. About 90 min ago I started getting an invalid username or password erroor. Nothing has changed. Am I alone in this?