Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I haven't run into any issues. I removed my FB jabber account and switched to the other patch and GTalk for FB this morning.

One thing I did notice is that none of the xmpp/jabber profiles in my contacts were removed after I removed my xmpp/jabber messaging account. Not sure how having a bunch of orphaned xmpp/jabber profiles in the contacts is going to work out.
    if you use the R/W contacts option it will remove them , but i think you have to do it before you remove the account so you may need to add it back through jabber then try the R/W contacts and remove the account again.
    Clarence -
    This is an amazing mod, I can even add my Xfire account! (Ok maybe not, it keeps saying the server cant be connected to or something)

Is there any way to actually turn on the Alias function for MSN? My slider is not working, and it is set to off.
    Last edited by Oronare; 03/17/2010 at 01:38 AM.
    my God.... what i have to go through for msn and facebook... i called the Dr... reset my phone.. update 1.4.. reinstall everything for the messaging patch.. it works as great as a wine woman.... loving it... sorry if i offended anyone with my last comment.

you guys are the best..
    thank you
    What do we do about the endless "signing in" loop? I've seen people having problems with this, and now I am... Help pleeez...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    if you use the R/W contacts option it will remove them , but i think you have to do it before you remove the account so you may need to add it back through jabber then try the R/W contacts and remove the account again.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. Exactly what does R\W Contacts do?
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 03/17/2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Wondering this myself. I hit it at one point, but I don't know what happened, if anything. I only know 'R/W' to mean 'read/write' but I don't know how that fits in this context. I just did it hoping that it would fix the problem where most of my Facebook friends show up as u123456789 etc. Nope. hehe

/Kevin
    Hello Greg!
    First of all thank u for ur plugin!))))
    I have a question!
    As far as i have this plugin, I have all my icq contacts in my Pre Adress Book. How can I remove them?
    Thank u)

pretty sure it syncs your contact list with the server. Another words it make the contact list the same as your pc IM software.

Todd VanDenBroecke
    Hello All PRE owner,
    MY Facebook doesnt show the person name however series of numbers. I would hate to say my friends are just a number.
    Can anyone help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey nettys, if you can SSH into your pre, I suggest overwriting the entire com.messaging.palm app. It allows all patches to go through. If you can't there's a longer (trickier) way to overwrite those specific files using Terminal/Terminus and WebOSQI. Let me know if you have problems and I'll detail out the procedure here in this thread.

Good Luck!
    can you show us how to do that "trickier" way? I'm having problems trying to install the patch, I've done dr. and still no luck
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    it is always a good idea to install OpenSFTP anyways, so you can almost ALWAYS rescue your palm.

another method would be webOS Repair Utility, but with SSH, use WinSCP, delete the app, copy over the one from webOS doctor, and you are ready to go again.
    i used Jabber and it works with name....

my friends are not only a series of numbers now...
    wicked..
    hey ,

I have some problems with install this patch !

following message appear

can somebody help ???
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Hey Greg, you know how some people are able to see the names of their facebook contacts using Jabber and others aren't, until somehow they play with the settings and make it work. Is there a way you can default it to the proper settings so we don't have to play so much with it? Thanks
    Hi TreoRock,

Hows it going? If you or someone could tell me the settings that work that would be great! As long as it doesnt start breaking jabber

Thanks,
    Greg
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    This is an amazing mod, I can even add my Xfire account! (Ok maybe not, it keeps saying the server cant be connected to or something)

Is there any way to actually turn on the Alias function for MSN? My slider is not working, and it is set to off.
    Hi Oronare,

XFire will work again in the next version. They updated the backend server version

Greg
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Wondering this myself. I hit it at one point, but I don't know what happened, if anything. I only know 'R/W' to mean 'read/write' but I don't know how that fits in this context. I just did it hoping that it would fix the problem where most of my Facebook friends show up as u123456789 etc. Nope. hehe

/Kevin
    Hi guys,

R/W contacts is Read/Write contacts. What it does is once run allows you to delete a plugins contact from the contacts application. Out of the box you cant do this.

Please note that removing a contact only works if they no longer appear in your IM buddy list.

Greg
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Doctored mine and it works a treat...just msn but its all brilliant. Thanks Greg!
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny_68a View Post
    hey ,

I have some problems with install this patch !

following message appear

can somebody help ???
    Hi Benny_68a,

It appears you may have another messaging patch installed. The best way to resolve this is you the webos recovery tool http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...its-version-20 to restore the files to default and try the install again.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by CAIFAGUAR View Post
    can you show us how to do that "trickier" way? I'm having problems trying to install the patch, I've done dr. and still no luck
    Hey Caifaguar,

If you doctored and it still doesn't work, I suggest getting rid of all messaging patches (specifically). Make sure there's no hidden files from Preware left in your USB partition. Those can fool patches into thinking the messaging app is patched. Then, you'll need to download the SDK, or obtain the default messaging app folder somehow... I may have a few ideas on how you can do that, PM me if you really can't figure it out. SSH into your Pre and overwrite the entire Messaging folder with the stock one you found.

This should (hopefully) cause this patch to go through the next time you send it via WebOSQI.

Good Luck!

OR do what greg posted above this post ^

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    hey.. since im a noob can someone help me..

I can see the instructions? but what do i do with those links like
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk

what should i do ? linux commandline in webosquick install? i tried that lol.. i dont know what to do and how to install, can someone help a noob