Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    @SirSilvia

My failure. I mean "all accounts", not "all buddies".
    Hey there, so i did this and because i am new to this it was a head ache it is working now...kind of...it shows up but at the top it just says signing in and does not go away? any ideas
    So I have GNU patch installed and have WebOSQI open, now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post

Install using WebOS Quick Install (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html)

Installation Order (Very Important)
    ===================================

Extract downloaded zip file

*********** CLOSE EVERYTHING AND LOG OFF MESSAGING ***********

GNU Patch (Install from Preware or Index of /feeds/webos-internals/

in either armv7 (Pre), armv6 (Pixi) or i686 (Emulator) called

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All

Plugins or Individual Patches
    Am I missing something here? I can not find the Main patch anywhere. I have everything else installed, but can not add any IM accounts other than AIM and GTALK.
    hello all ..........
    has any one els seen this ..........
    i have installed msn and turn on avatar as well as alias on
    my friend has change her alias but on the pre the name stay the same.........
    is there away to update it ?
    Hey,

just stumbled across this, and I was wondering if there is any way to simply download it via the preware app?

I thought maybe it might be in the huge list on there, but it isnt in 'messaging' so I am guessing that it isnt in there
    I need help! I installed this and it was working. Later, I ran the Webos Repair Utility to try to fix some other issues, and since then, the messaging is no longer working. Texts seem to be working, but the IM won't sign in. I tried deleting the patches and plugin, but it didn't completely delete. When I go to the add IM accounts section, it has 10 or so buttons, only 4 with any text on them.

Can someone tell me what files were changed? I can replace them with files from the emulator, but I have no idea which files to do.

Thanks!
    Dave
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drossing View Post
    I need help! I installed this and it was working. Later, I ran the Webos Repair Utility to try to fix some other issues, and since then, the messaging is no longer working. Texts seem to be working, but the IM won't sign in. I tried deleting the patches and plugin, but it didn't completely delete. When I go to the add IM accounts section, it has 10 or so buttons, only 4 with any text on them.

Can someone tell me what files were changed? I can replace them with files from the emulator, but I have no idea which files to do.

Thanks!
    Dave
    same thing happened to me earlier today.. I had to doctor my pre. and the db3 file wouldn't copy back after doctoring.. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hello all ..........
    has any one els seen this ..........
    i have installed msn and turn on avatar as well as alias on
    my friend has change her alias but on the pre the name stay the same.........
    is there away to update it ?
    You shouldn't use aliases with MSN... it can give you trouble and headaches

I use it w/o aliases and works like a charm!
    when i try to install the patches via webos quickinstall... i get and error and a few patches did not installed... i got an error.. however after luna restarted i went to add account and msn didnt work however several other messaging program showed up such as icq... help please
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You shouldn't use aliases with MSN... it can give you trouble and headaches

I use it w/o aliases and works like a charm!
    I have MSN with aliases. Work's perfectly. I have my friends' MSN accounts Synergized with their respective contacts entries so I never officially see their aliases. However, before I synergized them, I did see the aliases in the messaging app. Didn't have a problem.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    SiLly,

this is the only file I'm having trouble with

I get the same error alot others have with it and can't find a fix for it

thanks for answering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstang462002 View Post
    Am I missing something here? I can not find the Main patch anywhere. I have everything else installed, but can not add any IM accounts other than AIM and GTALK.
    the patch your looking for can be found in preware by choosing all available patches from the mai menu and typing GNU which will bring up the patch in the search. or you can find it in the webos internals feeds in quick installer
    Clarence -
    Anyone know if there is any conflict with the facebook chat patch currently in Preware by Robvanvliet and Gregs patches?
    Clarence -
    I haven't run into any issues. I removed my FB jabber account and switched to the other patch and GTalk for FB this morning.

One thing I did notice is that none of the xmpp/jabber profiles in my contacts were removed after I removed my xmpp/jabber messaging account. Not sure how having a bunch of orphaned xmpp/jabber profiles in the contacts is going to work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I haven't run into any issues. I removed my FB jabber account and switched to the other patch and GTalk for FB this morning.

One thing I did notice is that none of the xmpp/jabber profiles in my contacts were removed after I removed my xmpp/jabber messaging account. Not sure how having a bunch of orphaned xmpp/jabber profiles in the contacts is going to work out.
    Bad news, they may still lurk over there and even if you reinstall greg's plugin it may still be there.

You'll need access to the PalmDatabase.db3 to look for the account and erase it.

What if you don't remove it? I've seen double contacts in the messaging app, empty contacts in the contacts app, and endless spinning when signing in :S
    Hey Greg, you know how some people are able to see the names of their facebook contacts using Jabber and others aren't, until somehow they play with the settings and make it work. Is there a way you can default it to the proper settings so we don't have to play so much with it? Thanks
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hey this is freakin' awesome! And it's not the first Homebrew app I've used from you. You are just simply amazing. Will definitely make a donation.
    Quote Originally Posted by nettyspre View Post
    SiLly,

this is the only file I'm having trouble with

I get the same error alot others have with it and can't find a fix for it

thanks for answering.
    Hey nettys, if you can SSH into your pre, I suggest overwriting the entire com.messaging.palm app. It allows all patches to go through. If you can't there's a longer (trickier) way to overwrite those specific files using Terminal/Terminus and WebOSQI. Let me know if you have problems and I'll detail out the procedure here in this thread.

Good Luck!
    hey NuttyBunny.........everything works great ........no more spinning for ever...it actually work except that part were it wont update the buddy alias
    like SirataXero say it really work and i would connect the contact with the buddy but i have friends with mood swings and they change their name to how they feel lol.......(only a good friends in the good times in the bad time i don't know them lol)