Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nettyspre View Post
    doing wrong that should be, see been at it for so long can't even spell anymore
    What are the problems you are experiencing? Any errors that can help us narrow down your problem?
    Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible to send a photo via the Microsoft Live Messenger Plugin.

Tonight, I wanted to send a photo that I took on my Pre and I hit the 'send to MMS' and realized that MMS is really going down the SMS system, not an IM client.

I do know that LIVE Messenger can handle sending files and photos, because when I could not do it on my Pre, I used my laptop computer and started up Live Messenger on that and did a 'send photo' without any problems.

Is this possible now (I doubt it but wanted to ask anyway, maybe I just don't know the steps) to do this.

If not, can this ever be programmed into the plugins to allow us to do these kind of functions?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

These patches totally messed up my messaging in general. I cannot login to AIM or Yahoo now?? I uninstalled them all and still the same deal?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    V2.2.0 works great with my german Pre.

I use ICQ, Yahoo and Jabber. In ICQ only the number but not the name is shown. Its connected to an adress-account.
  5.    #285  
    Hi guys,

Sorry for my silence been very busy!

Next version is coming along well. Should hopefully start testing my self a bit later this week. Hopefully get something out to my testers by the end of the week.

Hope everyone is well.
    Greg
    Thanks Greg - good to hear you're alive!
    Thanks for all the help and awesome work so far.
    I cannot get live messenger to load at all. First, I got it working fine before the WebOS 1.4.x update and forgot to remove it before updating. Strangely enough it still kept working. I figured I better go ahead and remove it and install the new version.

Did that and installing the "allplugins" had all the other type of accounts except the Live protocol. so I uninstalled "allplugins". Then install just the Live protocol.

Sweet I was able to add Live accounts again. Not so sweet, I entered the login information correctly numerous times, did every reboot imaginable and still gave me an error saying it could not all the live account at this time... or something along those lines. IDK I forgot.

Because I decided to try all over again. Uninstalled all the plugin info. Installed the sysfiles then the patch then just the live protocol. Now it won't even show up as an option to setup in the "add account" screen. I have no idea why I just get the AIM/Yahoo/Gtalk protocols.

For the life of me I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong. Turning backup off and doctoring the device is an unacceptable and unrealistic route to take especially with people that depend on that info to stay in constant contact with work. Be able to reach people without consulting the contact database they "might" have saved on their computers or old cell phone with the info in it.

8:30 am and I still haven't ended my day yet. But I give it another go and try it one more time
    Can't find the file:

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk

If it's supposed to be in the download (for the armv7 v2.2), well...it isn't!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    NoSyMe: thats GNU Patch...not part of the messaging patch.
    you can install it from preware, but you should have it already if you have ever installed any patch.
    thx got it.

Great plugins, but this installationguide is really....well...not so good^^
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    really? i find the guide superb, what do you don't like about it?
    for example a hint, that this doesn't work if u ever had a messenger-patch installed. If so, you need to doctor, which I'm not gonna do^^
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSyMe View Post
    for example a hint, that this doesn't work if u ever had a messenger-patch installed. If so, you need to doctor, which I'm not gonna do^^
    The install-guide is ok. What I am really miss, is a hint, that you need to deinstall all files for an update and do a restart. And that you must delete all accounts before update.
    Last edited by Palmiga; 03/15/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    I'm trying to uninstall, but only got partway through and now I'm stuck. The 'instructions' (I use that term loosely; no offense, but they're vague) said it could be done through WOSQI or Preware. I opted for the Preware route. (I'm not sure how to UNinstall patches using WosQI; I didn't see it listed along with the other patches and apps. If anyone wants to instruct me on that, I can give that method a try since the Preware method ended up failing after I removed the first two patches.)

I figured I would uninstall them in the opposite order in which they were installed. So, I uninstalled the Facebook patch first, and then the ICQ patch. Both uninstalled successfully. Then I went to uninstall 'Messaging Plugins ALL', but it failed. It came up with this:

Plugin
    Plugin removal probably failed
    (OK)
    (IPKG Log)

I clicked on 'IPKG Log' and it just showed this:

Confirm
    User consent requested for pre-remove script execution

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    That's it. No errors, nothing to troubleshoot. Since that failed, I went ahead and tried to remove the other two remaining patches as well ('Messaging Plugins System Files' and 'Messaging Plugins Patch') but those failed in the same manner.

I rebooted (Sym+Orange+R) and tried again but with the same results.

Any ideas? I decided that I want to remove all these messaging plugins and just install the new Facebook chat patch that came out today from Jason. Thanks!

/Kevin
    Last edited by commonplace; 03/15/2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added more info
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    @commonplace

Try in WebOS-Quickinstall
    Menü Tools
    devicemanagement

You need to delete all buddys first and switch the messaging-app to offline!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    @commonplace

Menü Tools
    devicemanagement

Okay, I just tried that. I went into WeOS Quick Install, went to the Tools menu and chose Device Management. I checked the box next to 'Messaging Plugins ALL' and clicked the 'Uninstall' button. A few seconds later, a message popped up on my computer that said:

ERROR 18:

Device has been disconnected. Command: run file:///usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-depends remove org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins

[OK]
    I clicked OK and it put me back at the same place was, and the plugin did not uninstall. Not sure why it said my device was disconnected... I didn't touch it. I tried it again with the same result. It's connected to the phone fine, but as soon as I click 'Uninstall' it gives me that 'ERROR 18' message about the device having been disconnected.

/Kevin
    Okay, I reinstalled NovaCom from WebOSQI... and then I was able to remove all the plugins. Go figure. NovaCom seemed to be fine, since it's what I used to install the patches to begin with, but whatever, it works now so I'm happy. Thanks!

/Kevin
    I am able to get office communicator working on the Pixi, but I also have a Pre, and I can not get the Pre to log in... I am using the identical settings... Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    It's connected to the phone fine, but as soon as I click 'Uninstall' it gives me that 'ERROR 18' message about the device having been disconnected.

/Kevin
    Device disconnected??? Is your usb-cable ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    @commonplace

Menü Tools
    devicemanagement

you don't have to remove your buddys, another unrealistic thing to do with a 200+ IM contact list. I figured out what does help though....
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    I cannot get live messenger to load at all. First, I got it working fine before the WebOS 1.4.x update and forgot to remove it before updating. Strangely enough it still kept working. I figured I better go ahead and remove it and install the new version.

Did that and installing the "allplugins" had all the other type of accounts except the Live protocol. so I uninstalled "allplugins". Then install just the Live protocol.

Sweet I was able to add Live accounts again. Not so sweet, I entered the login information correctly numerous times, did every reboot imaginable and still gave me an error saying it could not all the live account at this time... or something along those lines. IDK I forgot.

Because I decided to try all over again. Uninstalled all the plugin info. Installed the sysfiles then the patch then just the live protocol. Now it won't even show up as an option to setup in the "add account" screen. I have no idea why I just get the AIM/Yahoo/Gtalk protocols.

For the life of me I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong. Turning backup off and doctoring the device is an unacceptable and unrealistic route to take especially with people that depend on that info to stay in constant contact with work. Be able to reach people without consulting the contact database they "might" have saved on their computers or old cell phone with the info in it.

8:30 am and I still haven't ended my day yet. But I give it another go and try it one more time
    last time I tried installing it, I left my AIM account in the list thinking what harm could it do if it's a default protocol and has been working fine. I went ahead and removed it and reinstalled the plugins. Works great now, no doctoring no removing buddys. I had other messaging patches installed, and still works fine. I did have to reinstall the patches.

The one i would like to work is the one that you can choose a specific tone for each person. but that's not really all too important.