Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    greg_roll any update on gadu gadu plugin for libpurple?
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    greg_roll any update on gadu gadu plugin for libpurple?
    Hi en0x,

It will be in the next release Just got a few more things to fix up first and we'll be away!

Stay tuned!
    Greg
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Great to hear that there is some active development..!! Any change to have it in preware? Would be great!!
    It would be pretty cool if you could just hack it to allow you to open up Jabber so you just aren't limited to GTalk (FB Chat over Jabber for example). I only use FB Chat via Jabber and AIM since those are the only two that don't throw a fit if you login from more than one location.

Is there any difference in batt life usage between the modified libpurple the phone uses and your patch which puts in the stock one (albiet updated!)?
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    you have to enable it at your facebook account and chose a chat login for jabber there first.
    I'm sorry!!! Can you explain me how tochose the chat login for jabber??? I'm having the same problem!!! Thanks in andvance!!!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    sure, here you go:

Facebook Chat. Everywhere. | Facebook

the pidgin instructions will do.
    how can i remove someone on msn? i've already removed it from the contacts, but it's still in the msn list...
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Just some more feedback for future, and maybe some current users having trouble with the facebook portion of this plugin.. Throw it away!!! Use the Jabber protocal!!

Works flawlessly!

I know it's been said before. Just bumping it because I just tried it. I had the facebook ipk installed and aside from not seeing names.. I was getting mirrored msgs and all kind of funky $hit!

For facebook chat... Jabber all the way!!
    I have installed the messsaging plugins.
    I set up the Messenger plug-in and the Jabber plug-in for facebook.

One thing I noticed is that it adds all these contacts into your built-in Pre Contact application.
    Is there any way to not have this happen? I rather not have any duplicate contacts. Keep my contact list clean.
    I notice you cannot delete the Live Messenger contacts in the contact list.
    I tried the jabber for facebook and that was real bad, adding all the weird contacts with the numbers all through my Contact list. I took the Jabber client off after I saw that.

What do you guys do? Delete the contact that you had previously and use something like the MSN one as the main contact to put the information about the person? Phone number, address, etc?

Roger
    To get Yahoo working I deleted the Yahoo Email, Contacts, and Calendar accounts. Now it works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerncormier74 View Post
    I have installed the messsaging plugins.
    I set up the Messenger plug-in and the Jabber plug-in for facebook.

One thing I noticed is that it adds all these contacts into your built-in Pre Contact application.
    Is there any way to not have this happen? I rather not have any duplicate contacts. Keep my contact list clean.
    I notice you cannot delete the Live Messenger contacts in the contact list.
    I tried the jabber for facebook and that was real bad, adding all the weird contacts with the numbers all through my Contact list. I took the Jabber client off after I saw that.

What do you guys do? Delete the contact that you had previously and use something like the MSN one as the main contact to put the information about the person? Phone number, address, etc?

Roger
    As far as Jabber and face book:

Not really sure why you're seeing numbers in facebook. Do you have avatars off? Not sure if that's the reason but mine is off.

In facebook.. you can organize your contacts in groups. I have a group for friends, family and ignored. When on the facebook web site.. you can select which group you want to be able to see you and vice versa. By deselecting them (in my case the "ignored" group).. they do not show up in the chat client nor on your pre. Perhaps you can do the same in MSN? I haven't tried it.

It's really not that bad to sort the contacts. When I'm bored.. I got through it and link profiles. It works well once done. If you have thousands of contacts, I can understand. I've only got a couple hundred.

If you do go through the trouble of linking all of your contact profiles.. I would get the "send contacts via email" patch and make a backup of it. I stopped using the Palm "cloud" a while ago when one of the updates almost cost me all of my contacts. I use strictly google now and I couldn't be happier.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by SiLlY; 03/10/2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Thanks for your help.. I had initially responded to you still not understanding the msn thing but noticed you had changed your message after.
    You added the comment about linking profiles.
    I had never noticed this feature, so as soon as I did that I just linked my live messenger contact to my google cloud contact and that was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again. Appreciate it.

As for the facebook users as numbers, I had put them with the avatars on.. I shall try setting it up again later and see if I can get that working.
    Last edited by rogerncormier74; 03/10/2010 at 08:48 PM.
    try syncing your contacts with facebook
    msn works for me
    with everything on.... great work.

do any one know if there is away to ad my image (icon) to my account so that my friends when i am messaging will see my images (or icon)

also. is there a way to send and receive images on the messenger from the pre?
    Is there a better Aim client too? that lets you change your icon?
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but MSN live messenger shows contacts that we have blocked as though they are online and not blocked just like regular contacts. Does that mean they can see us and message us to? Or just nothing to show the difference?
    Global Posts
    1,700 Global Posts
    I've realized my problem with understanding how to install the plugins. I'm totally new to the pre and the pre language and I don't undertand what part of the instructions gets performed on the pc and what part gets done from the actual device. I think if I knew that I could attempt to try it. If ii can jaibreak and unlock an iphone I hae to be able to do this. Lol.
    thank you very much my friend!!!!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,
    I got some problems using these plugins:

Although I activated the options "Show Alias's" i just get the ICQ numbers...
    Any possibility to get it loading the real alias names?
    Yes, update to 1.4 (gsm pre), and clean installed the files (jabber plugin only) and it runs !!! YES

Thanks again Greg for your work.