Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Hi there,

I had some trouble with the Messaging Plugins, therefore had to turn to the doctor. First of all, I copied the PalmDatabase.db3 to my PC, and then did a complete wipe with doctoring and so on.

Having tried getting my SMS and contacts data back in 5 different orders (all including the wipe doctor), I have come now to the conclusion that the trouble is caused by the PalmDatabase.db3. See why:

I doctored my pre, and before doing anything else I installed the Messaging Plugins (in the order greg recommends, of course). Each step followed by a reboot, just to go sure. Having done that, I could choose out of all 12 messaging services when trying to add a new messaging account.

Then I copied my stored PalmDatabase.db3 back to the Palm and did another restart. Nothing else. Now, all of a sudden I only can choose out of 9 services. Yahoo, Live Messenger and Jabber have disappeared.

This makes me think that my PalmDatabase.db3 is defective.

What do you think? Any suggestions?
    Most of all, I don't want to loose my contact's history (e.g. SMS).
    HELP!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    I very much doubt Skype will be included as it is a proprietary protocol.
    MSN isn't?
    Just to let you know, I could step a bit further:
    After I put my PalmDatabase.db3 onto the device, my two messaging accounts appeared in the messaging application's settings. I deleted them, deleted greg's plugins (in revers order to installation), and installed them again. As mentioned before, doing a reboot after each step.

Well, now everything seems fine, except some issues connecting to Google Talk.
    Unfortunately, I lost all my messenger contacts' history.

When there's an update available (webOS or greg's plugins), do I always have to delete my messenger accounts? Seems like doing so always causes a loss of the history.

Any ideas how to keep them?

Or how to extract them out of my backupped PalmDatabase.db3? Well, actually I can read the contents with the firefox plugin "SQLite Manager". But I have no clue how to really "manage" them, regarding the there-might-be-any-dependecies-nobody-is-aware-of db structure.
    Just solved my problem withe Facebook accounts showing up as numbers instead of names: Switched “Enable Avatars” to false. Now all names are showing up. Maybe this simple fix will work for others?
    I got the usual errors the first time. Doctored and installed again with what looked like no problems. Then messaging wouldn't start, it just glowed and gave up. It opens after restarting the phone, but now nothing is listed under Add An Account. Nothing. Just blank. Will doctor yet again.

The third time around it worked, but Facebook isn't available under Add An Account.

I'd like to thank the OP for these plugins. I've been using them for a while, and have found them to be essential. I can't even think of using my phone without them now.
    Last edited by vaxius; 03/07/2010 at 02:19 AM.
    I can`t connect to windlows live it says can not connect to server.. help pleaseeeeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Just solved my problem withe Facebook accounts showing up as numbers instead of names: Switched “Enable Avatars” to false. Now all names are showing up. Maybe this simple fix will work for others?
    tried that a few times, switching it back and forth, didn't help. in fact, it shows avatars when set to false, and doesn't show them when set to true.

also, another weird problem. last night one of my buddies i'm me through facebook. now every several hours i get that im again, same one. but if i log into facebook on my desktop, it shows that he only imed me once. pretty odd. definitely still having problems with this in addition to no names yet
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have been trying to get the facebook chat working with no luck. i can log into the other im clients. under facebook i put my facebook info ant it tells me sign in fails. gives me the same when i try in jabber.
    downloading and installing the newest version and going to try that. thing is...
    Do I absolutely need to doctor my Pre? It's a bit ridiculous to do so when I have a ****-ton of apps and patches to keep track of. Let alone have to re-do this all over again when (if) the Adobe Flash update ever comes through.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    With all the changes, Greg.. I'm just curious. Are we still limited to one login per protocol?

Thanks for all your work. Mines working top notch as usual. I've always had good luck with the installs of this plugin.
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    With all the changes, Greg.. I'm just curious. Are we still limited to one login per protocol?

Thanks for all your work. Mines working top notch as usual. I've always had good luck with the installs of this plugin.
    Hi SiLlY,

For plugins that require server and port settings (such as jabber) yes. I do plan to fix this.

I'm not 100% sure about ones like MSN. I believe they can have multiples.

Greg
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by pitcherj View Post
    Greg,

Any word on when the GroupWise Messenger plugin will be fixed?

Jacob
    Hi Jacob,

I have been able to get a demo copy of Groupwise. I was trying to troubleshoot this with someone for a while but the debugging wasn't giving me anything helpful. Ill try to setup the server this week and get into troubleshooting this one

Also for those interested I have a demo of sametime too so I plan to get that fixed as well.

Greg
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by ollip79 View Post
    can we get rid of the password request when one signs into an account on the preferences & accounts page? its saved in the account, why need to retype it every time? not cool as I have quite long passwords
    its only bugging me coz yahoo doesnt like to play with the rest and wont sign in automatically with the rest when reconnecting for example. sensible yahoo wants to be the first to sign in followed by the rest. had the same problem with 1.3.5 and messaging patch 2.04 already. weird..
    Hi ollip79,

This Palm code that handles passwords is closed source. As such I am unable to tap into this information etc etc. Thats why I have to prompt

Greg
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkohlmann View Post
    Hi Greg,

Is there any chance of eventually working basic Skype chat into this? BTW absolutely great work! Thanks again!

Best regards,

Ken
    Hi kkohlmann,

Even though pidgin and libpurple (what this is all based off) supports a skype plugin it requires skype to be installed on the computer/phone. As such this wont work.

Greg
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi SiLlY,

For plugins that require server and port settings (such as jabber) yes. I do plan to fix this.

I'm not 100% sure about ones like MSN. I believe they can have multiples.

Greg
    Thanks for the reply, Greg. I just tested it, using "Live" and it works great. I have 2 accounts logged in on your "live/MSN" plugin. Thanks again Greg.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    downloading and installing the newest version and going to try that. thing is...
    Do I absolutely need to doctor my Pre? It's a bit ridiculous to do so when I have a ****-ton of apps and patches to keep track of. Let alone have to re-do this all over again when (if) the Adobe Flash update ever comes through.

ok got it installed without having to doctor anything. But, where is the option to add a Live account?
    I installed the "sysfiles" then "patch" then "all plugins" and all the other protocols show up but not Live. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but if you link a profile (synergy) with the facebook contact id.. it will display the linked profile name in the messenger. I had to do some cross referencing in facebook to find out what friend had what ID# but.. I only have a handful of friends I talk to on FB. I know this would be impossible for some but perhaps.. you can add some of your more important contacts using this method.
    I can no longer log in. It must be able to because it added my live contacts, but no one is ever online, when I tap on it it says I'm offline. Tapping available asks me for a password even though it knows it, and then does nothing. No feedback, no errors, and still offline.

Disregard, it randomly decided to start working a few minutes ago.
    Last edited by vaxius; 03/08/2010 at 02:34 AM.
    I finally took the plunge to 1.4 this weekend, and thus far some improvement that jabber now works with invalid certs (thanks a ton!), but now both of my yahoo accounts won't stay logged in. I noticed someone else mention this as well, so I'm wondering what else potentially I can do to mitigate this issue. Greg mentioned that it's a closed-source interface to store passwords, but is there any way to write to the databases themselves and clean up the data so the messaging system can auto-login again?

I tried deleting all my accounts for everything but gmail and aim prior to upgrade, did the OTA, installed messaging plugins, and Yahoo worked for the first go, but not again without reentering once logged out. In 1.3.5 one worked, the other didn't, so at least now it's consistent...

Really frustrating, I have to think there's a way to fix this directly wherever palm hides their metadata. Should I try restoring the messaging data from the doctor jar?
    Xfire, as far as I can tell, does not work -- doesn't allow me to sign in.
    The message I receive says I cannot connect to the server.