Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Respect to kanzir. This helped me install without having to Doctor. I did replace the whole of the /controllers folder though.
    While the Facebook Plug-in creates seperate contacts additionaly to the Facebook contacts in Synergy its running pretty well through the Jabber-Gateway on chat.facebook.com

Thank you guys!
    The REALLY annoying aspect is when I have like AIM and MSN running, I click on "Buddies", and it just says "Signing In..." for minutes on end....sometimes it just never stops!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    This seems to have disappeared for me with WebOS 1.4 and the latest version of the patch.

I'd still like a patch that disables the grouping of contacts. For instance I have a Contact A who's grouped under "Buddies" in Google Talk, but under "Family" in MSN, which makes him show up twice on my Pre. I'd like to abolish all grouping on the Pre and just have all contacts there listen alphabetically without any groups.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    The previous versions I had did not upgrade cleanly to 2.2.0, so I uninstalled. When I went to uninstall, though (after failing the first install), the patches package was no longer installed. Thus, I had to replace files.

I needed to replace more controllers than kanzlr, though. I also had to do this after updating to 1.4 without thinking to uninstall this patch.

Greg: it would be nice if patches uninstalled on failed update/install.

Mount / RW:

Code:
    ssh root@pre
    mount -oremount,rw /
    exit
    scp originals over:

Code:
    cd ~/webosdoctor/resources/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app
    scp models/messaging-* root@pre:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/
    scp ./views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html root@pre:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/
    scp ./controllers/{prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs,$prefsAccountTypeList$-$assistant$.$js$,$prefsSetupAccount$-$assistant$.$js$} $root$@$pre$:/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/
    $scp$ ./$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$ $root$@$pre$:/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/

$cd$ ../../../$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$330$/$stylesheets$/
    $scp$ $global$-$iconography$.$css$ $root$@$pre$:/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$330$/$stylesheets$/
    $scp$ $global$-$widget$-$addressing$.$css$ $root$@$pre$:/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$330$/$stylesheets$/
    Remount read-only:

Code:
    ssh root@pre
    mount -oremount,r /
    exit
    Thanks for the awesome patchset, Greg.

This method obviously requires your pre to have SSH set up. Replace 'pre' with your pre's IP on the WLAN. Hope this helps someone.
    Just an update on the rebooting thing, turns out it is not related to these plugins at all. There is a 3page thread of people having this issue since webos 1.4 and it is a Palm bug confirmed by Rod at webosinternals.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-restarts.html
    Anyone out there familiar with Office Messenger. The messenger pluggin has one option for "server". The documentation I have to set up mobile office messenger has two sections for servers ("external server name" and "external server name". Also what is a "user agent"
    So I installed everything in the order specified. I basically only want facebook chat added. So installed the system files and facebook ipkg only. Facebook never shows up. I tried the all patch, but facebook still doesn't show up. All of the others do though. I was able to get get jabber working but I have the numbers as names problem with avatars on and off, with tls off. Any suggestions first as to why facebook won't show up in the add accounts menu? That's my main concern.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanHelmet View Post
    So I installed everything in the order specified. I basically only want facebook chat added. So installed the system files and facebook ipkg only. Facebook never shows up. I tried the all patch, but facebook still doesn't show up. All of the others do though. I was able to get get jabber working but I have the numbers as names problem with avatars on and off, with tls off. Any suggestions first as to why facebook won't show up in the add accounts menu? That's my main concern.
    Did you install the Facebook patch? It's separate from all the other patches and it's not included in the "all" pack.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Did you install the Facebook patch? It's separate from all the other patches and it's not included in the "all" pack.
    yea, i did that first. in fact when i did that i would only show aim and gtalk, and not yahoo anymore, when i removed facebook it would show yahoo again. and then reinstalling facebook did nothing. so i installed the all patch in hopes that it would install facebook with it this time, to no avail

also, fyi for others, using the all patch, my messaging app is very slow, like not very usable. trying to log in and out of accounts takes a long time, so try not to use it unless you need to
    Last edited by RomanHelmet; 03/05/2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: additional infos
    Has anyone tried to send a picture via MMS (text message) since installing this latest 1.4 messaging patches? I just tried 3, none will go through. Rebooted, same prob. Pretty sure I haven't sent any others since I doctored my phone and installed these patches..

I will remove my plugins and see if it solves the issue and report back..

Wow, removed messaging live, and messaging patch plugin, rebooted, removed messaging system files, rebooted, and my MMS still won't send any pics. This is weird! Hope I can figure out what is wrong here, I just doctored my phone 2 days ago.
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/05/2010 at 08:49 PM.
    I'm using the jabber plugin to connect to my own Openfire server (with self-signed SSL in case that is relevant), and while it connects just fine it seems to login and logout pretty frequently. Other users see me toggling to between online and offline every couple of minutes. In addition to being somewhat annoying, I'm wondering if this may be contributing to the really pathetic battery life I'm experiencing since the switchover to 1.4. I don't think this was happening before the 1.4 upgrade.

Anybody else having a similar experience?
    ok, update. while i was fooling around with my settings i decided to wipe out my other messaging account that were saved (aim and gtalk, no yahoo). A little later I decided to remove the all plugin, rebooted, and left on all of the system patches for messaging. i then installed just the facebook plugin. didn't have to reboot, and it magically appeared. however i still have just the numbers instead of full names or account names.

protip: the username for the facebook plugin is the email address tied to your facebook account.

gonna try a full reboot and see if names show up

edit: full reboot and still no names. just gonna try to wait this one out like that one guy earlier in the thread and see what happens. i've been messing with this stuff for too long tonight and have some games to play
    Last edited by RomanHelmet; 03/05/2010 at 08:37 PM.
    I think it has to do with some kind of settings in the facebook server. I use facebook with jabber, and some people appear as numbers, some with their name, so its hard to tell...
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Last night I posted what I thought was a problem of rebooting due to having the Messaging Plugins.

After reading some posts and hearing this weeks Palmcast, it was brought to my attention that some people are having issue with reboots with 1.4.

So now I don't think the Messaging Plugins had/have anything to do with this issue.

I do think it just might be from my Bluetooth usage, but this is for another forum.

Just wanted to update what I learned and remove the Messaging Plugins from being a cause.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by RomanHelmet View Post
    ok, update. while i was fooling around with my settings i decided to wipe out my other messaging account that were saved (aim and gtalk, no yahoo). A little later I decided to remove the all plugin, rebooted, and left on all of the system patches for messaging. i then installed just the facebook plugin. didn't have to reboot, and it magically appeared. however i still have just the numbers instead of full names or account names.

protip: the username for the facebook plugin is the email address tied to your facebook account.

gonna try a full reboot and see if names show up

edit: full reboot and still no names. just gonna try to wait this one out like that one guy earlier in the thread and see what happens. i've been messing with this stuff for too long tonight and have some games to play
    i was having problems with these plugins also, what i finally did was
    1. remove the plug ins and the patch
    2. go to the messaging accounts and preferences and delete them all.
    3. reboot the phone
    4. when the phone starts back up go to your buddies list and make sure there are no IM accounts and if there are, make sure you are signed out of them.
    4. use webos qi to install the patches and plugins.
    5. reboot the phone
    6. go to your IM accounts and sign in.

this is what worked for me, hope it helps someone out.
    Global Posts
    1,700 Global Posts
    I really pray that there's a webos update that adds the other messengers because all of this is chinese to me. Or hopefully a simple ota download because I don't understand any of it.
    just follow the instructions pal, its worth it...
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Hi Greg,

Is there any chance of eventually working basic Skype chat into this? BTW absolutely great work! Thanks again!

Best regards,

Ken
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I very much doubt Skype will be included as it is a proprietary protocol.