Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Txt Ready beta is now available for download! Check it out and enjoy!

Ever been in a situation where you needed to send a quick Text Message but didn't want to have to retype the same message again? Txt Ready is the perfect utility for anyone looking to send pre-defined text messages to their spouse, friends, loved-ones, or even your boss. Whether you're stuck in traffic, busy, or late for work, Txt Ready makes it easy for you to send your message across instantly with just a press of a button.

Txt Ready also features:
    * The ability to create multiple Categories and Items of all your pre-defined text messages.
    * Include auto Timestamp within your text messages.
    * Include the latitude and longitude and a map of your location.
    * Setup pre-defined text messages for multiple SMS recipients.
    * Send your text message through eMail for multiple recipients.
    * Supports landscape orientation view.

This free version is fully functional with limited record capacity.

2. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Sounds nice! What is "limited" in the trial version? I'm in Canada and can't buy apps.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    Sounds nice! What is "limited" in the trial version? I'm in Canada and can't buy apps.....
    It's only limited to the number of items you can store. However, everything is completely functional as far as creating a Category, and creating the Item Title for your button. One press of your button will trigger the Text Message app and auto populate the associated Mobile Number and Text Message (can also send via eMail if you supply the address) for you to transmit. The Date and Time stamp is also functional including the GPS coordinates (latitude/longitude) that will show you where you are using Google Maps.
    Last edited by oertuser; 03/01/2010 at 12:13 PM.
    I downloaded it this morning but couldn't figure out how to set it up. No matter how many categories and responses I created in Setup, the app would load with a blank page when I tapped on the icon from the Launcher.

The Support webpage came up as empty.

Are there instructions posted somewhere?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I get a blank page when loading too, despite having created several items under a category...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzak38 View Post
    I downloaded it this morning but couldn't figure out how to set it up. No matter how many categories and responses I created in Setup, the app would load with a blank page when I tapped on the icon from the Launcher.

The Support webpage came up as empty.

Are there instructions posted somewhere?
    Yes we've just updated the help page. Try now. Let me know if you're still having trouble.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I get a blank page when loading too, despite having created several items under a category...
    The help page should now be functional. Otherwise, let me know if you still have questions.
    Is there a way to set the app up so that when you recieve a call and you don't want to answer it you can send a quick text from this program?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is there a way to set the app up so that when you recieve a call and you don't want to answer it you can send a quick text from this program?
    We originally considered implementing that feature for Txt Ready but Palm currently does not provide any convenient API/Services that will allow developers to view the 'current caller' or the 'last caller' on our smartphones. We'll recommend this API to Palm and see if they can release this for the next OS update.

Thanks for the inquiry.
    That would be great.
    Maybe you can have a paid and a beta version like the other devs to get that function. When will the app be a paid app?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Maybe you can have a paid and a beta version like the other devs to get that function. When will the app be a paid app?
    We're planning to have the paid app for Txt Ready submitted for Palm Approval by the end of this week and available by next week. When or if that API/Service becomes available, we will plan to include the functionality in both the free and paid version. It's one of those must-have features we need to have when you just can't answer your phone and it won't stop vibrating.
    is there a way to use emoticons on this app?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by crod76 View Post
    is there a way to use emoticons on this app?
    There's nothing stopping anyone from using the usual ;-) emoticon character-combinations within the text message...but we could probably make things much easier if we put emoticons shortcut icons. We'll consider the idea in our next update. Great suggestion!
  15.    #15  
    A new release for Txt Ready has just been released as version 1.1.2. This corrects the blank screen problem upon launching the app. Also includes emoticon shortcuts (all 21 Palm-Pre supported emoticons) to make it easier to include emoticons to your messages.
    Nice app! But really, only 4 msgs allowed in the free version? I can understand the free version being limited but really?

Would it be possible to show the contacts name in the list of recipients instead of their phone number? This would make it easier to add/delete contacts later on (days, weeks, months) after the list has been created.

Also, not sure if its a bug or just something you didn't plan. I have a contact that has 2 mobile numbers. When I "append from contacts" and select their name, it automatically picks the first number it finds. Can we add functionality to select which number I want?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Nice app! But really, only 4 msgs allowed in the free version? I can understand the free version being limited but really?

Would it be possible to show the contacts name in the list of recipients instead of their phone number? This would make it easier to add/delete contacts later on (days, weeks, months) after the list has been created.

Also, not sure if its a bug or just something you didn't plan. I have a contact that has 2 mobile numbers. When I "append from contacts" and select their name, it automatically picks the first number it finds. Can we add functionality to select which number I want?
    It's a challenge all developers have to make including myself. Should a free app even be made? And if so, where should the line be drawn? For Txt Ready, we figured it would be a reasonable tradeoff by applying a record limit for the free version but still provide full functionality. In the other hand, having no record limit with limited functionality would be no fun. And with a paid version at less than the price of a MUNI bus fare in San Francisco, we figured this would be more than fair.

We were aware of the combinations of possibilities that could come out from the Append from Contacts option but wanted to wait to see if it was necessary for the 1st release. You've answered this condition; we'll consider building an additional screen when it stumbles on a contact with multiple mobile numbers (including eMails) for the next release. Thanks for the suggestion!
    I appreciate the answer and I certainly understand your predicament. I guess I was just a little surprised that it was that low since your description doesn't really mention that the limit is.

I'm interested to see how this app advances. I'm looking for an option to send mass txts to coworkers for things like covering open shifts. At this point, I'm trying out txtReady and Super Contacts, trying to decide which suits my needs better.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I appreciate the answer and I certainly understand your predicament. I guess I was just a little surprised that it was that low since your description doesn't really mention that the limit is.

I'm interested to see how this app advances. I'm looking for an option to send mass txts to coworkers for things like covering open shifts. At this point, I'm trying out txtReady and Super Contacts, trying to decide which suits my needs better.
    Txt Ready was actually designed more for the need to send quick predefined SMS messages for an average user. However, we can build an advanced contacts app that could follow the same concept and would suit your needs surrounding mass communication and better contacts management. We'll keep you posted on it's progress. Thanks for your explanation.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by oertuser View Post
    A new release for Txt Ready has just been released as version 1.1.2. This corrects the blank screen problem upon launching the app. Also includes emoticon shortcuts (all 21 Palm-Pre supported emoticons) to make it easier to include emoticons to your messages.
    Txt Ready Unlimited is now available from the Palm App Catalog. This version is the paid version of Txt Ready which removes the mobile ads and record limitations.

Enjoy!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast