Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    quick question! I have downloaded and used the beta version and have enjoyed it. However, on the paid version is the tag line "(using Txt Ready)" after every text sent removed or is there an option to do so in the preferences? I personally don't want every text recipient to know that I sent an automatic text whenever I use the program.

thanks
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  2.    #22  
    The text [using Txt Ready] within the message is still included in the paid version. However, we will include this as an option in our next release. Meanwhile, we're open to other recommendations and suggestions you'd like to see for the next release so Txt Ready can best meet your requirements. Thanks!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkk1 View Post
    quick question! I have downloaded and used the beta version and have enjoyed it. However, on the paid version is the tag line "(using Txt Ready)" after every text sent removed or is there an option to do so in the preferences? I personally don't want every text recipient to know that I sent an automatic text whenever I use the program.

thanks
    The new releases for Txt Ready and Txt Ready Unlimited now include the option to omit the [using Txt Ready] identifier within the text message. Also, multiple mobile numbers and eMail addresses can now be acquired directly from your Contacts app. Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Is there an option to completely turn off the identifier or do we have to delete each one manually before sending the message, because I'm not seeing an option for that.
    Last edited by davara6; 03/18/2010 at 02:05 PM.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by davara6 View Post
    Is there an option to completely turn off the identifier or do we have to delete each one manually before sending the message, because I'm not seeing an option for that.
    Davara6, once you upgrade to version 1.1.1 (Txt Reader Unlimited) or 1.1.3 (Txt Reader), the [Txt Ready] message should no longer appear in the message. However, if you would like to enable the identifier, each Item includes a checkbox allowing you to include or exclude Txt Ready within your text messages.
    I tried the free version and had trouble using multible contacts. It would fail to pick up one of the contact numbers or the text would fail to send altogether. I got the update that came out today and the addressing seemed to be fixed. I liked what I saw so I bought the unlimited version only to find that it still has the addressing bug. Will the unlimited version get the update soon?
    while I'm at it, another option I'd like to see is the ability to manually arrange text items on the list. It appears to sort alphabetically, but that is not always the order I want view the list.

I do like this app. It has the potential to take the place of two othher apps that I use everyday. Great work.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I tried the free version and had trouble using multible contacts. It would fail to pick up one of the contact numbers or the text would fail to send altogether. I got the update that came out today and the addressing seemed to be fixed. I liked what I saw so I bought the unlimited version only to find that it still has the addressing bug. Will the unlimited version get the update soon?
    Hi rixpre, the update for the unlimited version will include the fix. It was submitted to Palm for approval yesterday. Once Palm releases the unlimited version in the next several days, we will post a notification here in PreCentral. Thanks for the bug report.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    while I'm at it, another option I'd like to see is the ability to manually arrange text items on the list. It appears to sort alphabetically, but that is not always the order I want view the list.

I do like this app. It has the potential to take the place of two othher apps that I use everyday. Great work.
    Hi rixpre, thanks for spotting that. We had that feature reserved for this app allowing you to sort by title, number, priority, email, or in descending order. We'll make sure we enable that option for the next update.

Thanks for the compliment; please rate our app through the App Catalog whenever you get an opportunity.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hey thanks for the update. I'm not a big orange fan so being able to change the background is nice. Just one thing though. The top category button is still orange. The other buttons changed to gray, which is nice.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by davara6 View Post
    Hey thanks for the update. I'm not a big orange fan so being able to change the background is nice. Just one thing though. The top category button is still orange. The other buttons changed to gray, which is nice.
    We thought about that too. We'll look into making that customizable on our next update. Thanks!
  12.    #32  
    New updates for Txt Ready and Txt Ready Unlimited are now available for download!

This fixes the following:
    * Despite entering multiple Mobile numbers, Txt Ready only accepted one number.
    * Upon deleting the first category, the first screen would become blank.

The following features have now been added:

* Customize background with your own Photos.
    * Customize buttons with Ringtones or Sound Clips.

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Feature request. Can the app be set up to send the SMS without having to hit the send button in the Messaging app? Remove a step?

Is it feasible to create launcher icons for messages, so we get one-touch send from the launcher?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by deucesdown View Post
    Feature request. Can the app be set up to send the SMS without having to hit the send button in the Messaging app? Remove a step?

Is it feasible to create launcher icons for messages, so we get one-touch send from the launcher?
    deucesdown, we would like to implement the feature to bypass the SMS app. However, Palm has not yet provided any services that allow developers to accomplish this. We will develop this feature whenever Palm decides to release this capability in their future SDK.

Creating icons similar to the shortcuts you can build through the browser might give us clues on how to accomplish your second recommendation. We'll explore this idea. Thanks for your input!
    Is there a way to schedule times for messages to be sent? For example I want to send someone a message everyday at 6:00am can Txt ready do that? Is there a detailed help section I am still trying to find how to best utilize the program. Thanks!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is there a way to schedule times for messages to be sent? For example I want to send someone a message everyday at 6:00am can Txt ready do that? Is there a detailed help section I am still trying to find how to best utilize the program. Thanks!
    mamouton, that's an interesting idea. Txt Ready currently does not have scheduling features. However, implementing scheduling into the app would still require user intervention through the messaging app. Meaning you would have to wake up everyday at 6am just to press on the send button manually.

Palm has not released any other method to bypass the messaging app to allow developers to send SMS messages directly.

If you know or if we can determine the eMail address-equivalent for your recipient's mobile number, we can build and utilize one of our web servers to relay your scheduled messages to your recipient without the need for user intervention. At one cents per message for Server usage, would this be a service you would be interested in?
    I have an old Kyocera that had the option to send text at a later time. I would set up the message and set the time and that would be all that I needed to do. Not sure I am too crazy about having account information tied to something for this.
    Awesome app, has helped me out a few times now
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnis View Post
    That's great to hear! Rate our app through the App Catalog when you get a chance (search by Txt). Whenever Palm decides to release an API that will allow us to identify the last caller, we can make Txt Ready work more wonders for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnis View Post
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast