Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    GREAT game, and well done app! Thanks!

One possible bug... when there is a flush in the crib it never gets scored as such.

Also, I'd love to see a couple more things in the stats. Current win/loss streak, and longest win/loss streaks. Oh, and one more thing, the player stats keep track of average hand and crib scores, I'd also like to see average game play scores. To me that is the most telling "skill" stat.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
    GREAT game, and well done app! Thanks!

One possible bug... when there is a flush in the crib it never gets scored as such.

Also, I'd love to see a couple more things in the stats. Current win/loss streak, and longest win/loss streaks. Oh, and one more thing, the player stats keep track of average hand and crib scores, I'd also like to see average game play scores. To me that is the most telling "skill" stat.

Thanks again!
    The flush in the crib must be a five-card flush (must include the cut card), so that's probably what you've seen.

The current and historical streaks are in the latest beta (0.3.16).
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    ok, thanks for clearing that up about the flush. I guess I figured that since you could have a four card flush in your hand, you could have a four card flush in the crib.

I just got the beta and nice to see the current and historical streaks.

What about adding a stat for play points per hand? you already have % for hand, crib and play but points only for hand and crib. As I said, I think the play points is where I am able to score a strategic advantage over the AI, so it would be nice to track that stat too.

Having played about 300 games (mix of 61 and 121 points) at lumberjack setting I'm winning 55%. For the longest time I was just under 50% but I must have figured something out cause I now win more that the AI.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    What about adding a stat for play points per hand? you already have % for hand, crib and play but points only for hand and crib. As I said, I think the play points is where I am able to score a strategic advantage over the AI, so it would be nice to track that stat too.
    I'll look into it. The data should be there, so it's just a matter of adding a line to the stats table. At least, I hope all the data's there. I've toyed with the idea of making additional changes to show standard deviation, as well, but that might be overkill. We'll see.

The reason I'd only put in the crib and hand points was to show that the shuffle and deal were even between the AI and player, as a number of early reviews complained about cheating, etc. So I wanted the data to show that they were just poor losers. ;)

Having played about 300 games (mix of 61 and 121 points) at lumberjack setting I'm winning 55%. For the longest time I was just under 50% but I must have figured something out cause I now win more that the AI.
    Nice! I've found in the past that I tend to have a higher winning percentage when I play 61-point games, compared to 121-point games (55% to 45%, respectively), but lately it seems closer to 50-50. As long as it's challenging, I'm OK with that...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    New version (0.3.18) is available via homebrew. This has some new features with the player stats, including average play scores and a bar chart showing the distribution of hand scores (although this only works with data collected from 0.3.18 and higher). Any bugs or problems with upgrading should be brought up here. If all goes well, this will become 0.4.0 in the official app catalog.

Have fun with it!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bertoid View Post
    New version (0.3.18) is available via homebrew. This has some new features with the player stats, including average play scores and a bar chart showing the distribution of hand scores (although this only works with data collected from 0.3.18 and higher). Any bugs or problems with upgrading should be brought up here. If all goes well, this will become 0.4.0 in the official app catalog.

Have fun with it!

great, thanks for adding the hand scores tracking.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Pribbage got a 29-point hand yesterday...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bertoid View Post
    Pribbage got a 29-point hand yesterday...
    I'm jealous! I still haven't seen even a 28-point hand yet, much less the 29-point hand. I also haven't been able to repeat a double skunk which happened only once several versions ago.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I guess I have to learn cribbage again. I haven't played this for a very long time. It brings back a lot of memories... My father's twin brother and I used to play it for hours when I was young.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I'm jealous! I still haven't seen even a 28-point hand yet, much less the 29-point hand. I also haven't been able to repeat a double skunk which happened only once several versions ago.
    Well, I've never gotten a double skunk, either for or against me. Also, the computer got the perfect hand, not me, so I'm still pining for my own...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thank you for all your work on this game! I love it! I had a scoring concern about the game that brought me here (to this forum) to see if anyone else had encountered the same issue.

After reading all the entries, MY mistake in scoring was explained.

Thanks, again!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    New version out today. There are a few changes to try to make game-play more challenging, tweaks to the fonts to be compatible with webOS 2, and some additional stat graphs (tap on the player stats window to find them). Please let me know if you see any bugs, so that I can fix them for an official v0.4.0 release.

Thanks!
    I've noticed an issue that happens when I interrupt the post-hand scoring algorithm. If I do it at a specific time during the scoring (I think it has to be a short interruption and immediate return to Pribbage), it will count the current hand correctly and then count the current hand as if it should be the score for the following hand as well. It will deal out the next hand and at the end, since it already gave out the points (according to the prior deal's hands), it skips post hand scoring.

I can email you the screenshots if you like. It took quite a few screenshots to capture, so here's a suggestion for an additional feature: if you doubletap on the information/history window, maybe it could open a full screen version so you could see more history in a single screen?
    Thanks for reminding me of fond memories of playing Cribbage with my grandpa.

I can hear him saying; 'Fifteen two, fifteen four, and no more' I miss my grandpa.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234