Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thank you for the scoring clarification I never realised the pair was included in the double run but makes sense now.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    Hmmm, this latest version has been really tough, but I just noticed two mistakes in play.

In the first example, the computer held A-2-3-3 and I held J-Q-K-K. I played K for 10, and an A was played back for 11. I played K for 21, and a 3 was played back for 24. After I had to give a go, the computer played 2 for 25 and 3 for 28 (instead of first playing the 3 for a pair and 26).

In the second example, I held 4-4-10-10 and the computer had 2-3-4-4. I started with 4, then a 4 was played back for a pair and 8. I played 4 for royal 6 and 12, but the 3 was played for 15 instead of 4 for the double pair royal.

I don't know if I really should be bringing this up since I need every edge I can get nowadays. With this latest version I'm just under .500 against the computer.
    Ah, thanks for the feedback! I'll look into those cases. Probably they stem from some defensive play tactics that need to take called 'go' into account (and the AI definitely needs to claim the double pair royal when possible!). I'll have a look at the code and see what makes sense for some more optimization...

And if it's any consolation, I'm only winning about 45% of my games... DOH!
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I think the link for the June 24 homebrew download link is broken, just loops me back to the precentral home page. Love the app, its the only game I have on my pre!

Thanks for your work.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I think the link for the June 24 homebrew download link is broken, just loops me back to the precentral home page. Love the app, its the only game I have on my pre!

Thanks for your work.
    I jumped the gun on updating the version. There should be a new one coming out in the official catalog in the next day or three...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I had to replace my phone and now pribbage seems to be gone from the app catalog. I'm having withdrawals. Will it be back soon?

Update: and now it is back!!! YAY!!!
    Last edited by Kiiski; 07/09/2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    New version should be out soon with the following bugs fixed (at least, I believe that they are fixed):
    1. stat bug that resets player stats. was caused by an extra call to write to the database that only occurs when a cut jack wins the game. that was a tough one to crack!
    2. double skunk stat page now shows up proper-like. as I have never actually gotten a double skunk, either for or against, I had never really checked that page.

it has been sent along to the app catalog, and should be out in the wild in the next few days...

cheers!
    Last edited by bertoid; 07/14/2010 at 06:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Thanks for your work! Its the one game on my phone. I look forward to double skunking the computer, hahahaha!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I have been playing this every day during my subway commute for the last 2 months.
    I seem to be having a problem with scoring. I'm new to the game, but I've seem to understand the game. Recently, I had a 6, 2, 4, 5, & 7 which I scored as 10, but the comupter said close and scored me at 8. Fifteens for 4 & a straight for 4. I count Fifteens for 6 though. Am I just new or is the game missing one of the counts of 15. I've seen it miss a pair, as well.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primarythoughts View Post
    I seem to be having a problem with scoring. I'm new to the game, but I've seem to understand the game. Recently, I had a 6, 2, 4, 5, & 7 which I scored as 10, but the comupter said close and scored me at 8. Fifteens for 4 & a straight for 4. I count Fifteens for 6 though. Am I just new or is the game missing one of the counts of 15. I've seen it miss a pair, as well.
    I see 15's with (2-6-7) and (4-5-6) plus the straight for 4 (4-5-6-7), so I'm scoring 8 as well. I'm pretty sure the game isn't missing any pairs either. The double run, triple run, and double-double run all include the pairs/triples in their quick count, so the double run of 3 is counted as 8 because it's composed of two runs of 3 plus a pair.
    I've only been playing now for a couple of weeks, but I seem to have a scoring issue. Either I don't understand the scoring completely yet or the app doesn't compute correctly. I've noticed that when I have a run, the pairs that I hold don't get counted. Recently, I have a J, 10, 10, J and Q. I think that should be a double run for 16 and pairs for 4 (a total of 20), but the app only scored my hand for the double run. Am I missing something?
    Thank you - I couldn't find this post. I didn't think that it submitted all the way.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primarythoughts View Post
    I've only been playing now for a couple of weeks, but I seem to have a scoring issue. Either I don't understand the scoring completely yet or the app doesn't compute correctly. I've noticed that when I have a run, the pairs that I hold don't get counted. Recently, I have a J, 10, 10, J and Q. I think that should be a double run for 16 and pairs for 4 (a total of 20), but the app only scored my hand for the double run. Am I missing something?
    Yup, you are missing something. As mentioned before, the pairs are already included in the score of 16 for the double-double run. If you break it apart, you get four different runs of 10-J-Q (3pts each x 4 = 12 pts) plus pairs of 10's and J's (2pts each x 2 = 4 pts). Add it all up, and a double-double run is always worth 16pts by itself. Since 15's may or may not be part of a double run, they are always counted separately.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I've a minor bug to note. It seems if you return to the main screen, sometimes the Continue button is disabled. When this happens, you can close the game and restart it and then the Continue button is enabled and does bring you right back to where you were, so I do think that the save game state is working properly. I think it only happens after you have played at least one game and started into a second game. If you go back to the main screen while on your first game since an initial start of the app, it seems to work fine.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    I've a minor bug to note. It seems if you return to the main screen, sometimes the Continue button is disabled...
    Hm. I'll have to see if I can recreate that. If I can find the bug and fix it, it'll be in the next update.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, and for being so helpful with other folks' questions.

-bert-
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bertoid View Post
    Hm. I'll have to see if I can recreate that. If I can find the bug and fix it, it'll be in the next update.
    Found it, and so far it seems to be fixed. I'll continue to test that and a couple of other glitches for smooth game play. The next update, which'll be out in another week or three, will include this fix.
    Nice work, and great game!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Just uploaded a new version to the homebrew site. This is a beta for some minor bugfixes and improvements (mostly to gameplay and the pegging animation).
    the pre and have exchanged skunks over the curse of 100 games. The pre led 6 to 4 in skunks since that point I've gotten several more but the count is stuck @ 6 to 6.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfeigen115 View Post
    the pre and have exchanged skunks over the curse of 100 games. The pre led 6 to 4 in skunks since that point I've gotten several more but the count is stuck @ 6 to 6.
    Dan
    Well, that's an odd one. On my current run (now at about 180 games) the skunk count is 10 to 4 (in my favor!), so I don't think that the coding is messed up. At least, there's nothing obvious in the code itself. I'd venture a guess that the DB is acting up, and might have to be cleared. That can be done in the options page.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast