webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > XBMC Remote Lite
XBMC Remote Lite

Old 02/24/2010, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

This is the *lite* version of XMBC Remote found in the App Catalog. It limits results from the server. Control XBMC from your WebOS phone. No need to install anything on your computer. Simply enable XBMC's web server, and connect to your media center through your home wifi. Browse and play your movie and tv show libraries. Build playlists from your music library. Also supports photo browsing and slideshows. File mode is available for users who do not load items into their library. Please contact me via 'Help' in the application menu if you have any problems. ****Now upgrades to the Full Version for users outside the US until 4/1/2010. Choose "Unlock" from the application menu.

I have lots of info, including a youtube demo here.
blakeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: bigdawgr6
Old 02/24/2010, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks! I've downloaded the content, but it's still installing after 5 minutes already. eek
bigdawgr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2010, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

I had an issue with it hanging during install from the App Catalogue.
I then tried install through WOSQI and in installed pretty much instantly. Give it a go.
dubmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: bigdawgr6
Old 02/25/2010, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks... that worked out great. I'll have to give this a try tonight when I get home. Thanks again blakeb!
bigdawgr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2010, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the app! I just have a quick question though. I'm using XBMC on an original X-Box and I have all of my movies and music stored on my home PC which I play on XBMC through the WORKGROUP SMB SHARE option. I switched to File Browsing mode in the app but when I choose either Movies or Music the only options I see is E:, F:, DVD-ROM, and Playlists. Is there any way to add the workgroup option to this app? Thanks!
Spartan304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2010, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you add a source for that network share under videos, it should show up. Smb shares show up funny in the current build though. I am working on a fix for the next version.
Old 03/30/2010, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

I wish this would have the option to actually control XBMC like a remote control and not just showing your library.

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
Nick8539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

This is coming in the next version. Send me a PM if you would like to test the private beta.
Old 04/12/2010, 04:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Ok I PM'ed you. Sorry it took so long I forgot to subscribe to this thread.

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
Nick8539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2010, 05:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

I am not certain if this is a set-up issue with XMBC or a problem with the app itself, but when I look at my list of files, after the top-level folder I have a bunch of subfolders and these all show up with empty titles in the list, with the play and playlist-add buttons next to each item. Is there something I can do to get the names of the folders to show up? Thanks!
MystFire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2010, 10:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Are you using the new beta?
Old 12/04/2010, 03:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just downloaded and re-installed XBMC from your lite Version link on your app homepage on google sites (can't post the link) and my app list shows it as v0.9.8. I am still having the same issue, it looks like artist view but the artist names are blank and I just see the two buttons next to each blank space.
MystFire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2010, 03:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

The lite version is not as up to date as the full version. I will be getting them back in sync once I update for Dharma.
Old 10/13/2013, 07:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8fd...it?usp=sharing Now what do i do about this..?!?!
sd.arch2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0