Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Holy. Crap.
    I see you asked if it runs on the smaller Pixi screen, will this even run on the Pixi, I thought the pdk-based games could only run on the Pre.
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I see you asked if it runs on the smaller Pixi screen, will this even run on the Pixi, I thought the pdk-based games could only run on the Pre.
    Well, to be honest, I don't know and I can't try it out because I have no Pixi. I thought the Pixi runs the same operating system and just has a smaller screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    Well, to be honest, I don't know and I can't try it out because I have no Pixi. I thought the Pixi runs the same operating system and just has a smaller screen.
    I think it doesn't include the same libraries allowing sdl as the Pre has.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I think it doesn't include the same libraries allowing sdl as the Pre has.
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Love the idea of this project, but not sure what I need to download to actually play the games (obviously the game files) but when I tried with one of them, the .DAT file would not be recognized.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    squeeee! So happy! This totally made my evening. I already have all the LucasArts games loaded up, along with both simon's, inherit the earth, Gobliiins!, all the Revolution games, and a few others if. I am slowly going through each one, looking for anything I can report about. Anyways, i'm just super happy to be able to take ScummVM with me now. I am totally donating when I get paid next.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Oh, hell yes. Works great. Amazing!
    Good to see someone has finally taken the initial work I did on this (Application:ScummVM - WebOS Internals) and fixed it up and packaged it.

Great job.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Good release! It runs monkey island 3 perfectly well there is a little tiny bit of lag but not much! Not enough to complain about anyways. lol

One question though how can I right click to access the inventory in monkey island 3? I'm guessing there is no right click yet maybe?

Thanks for doing this!

-Toaster
    Awesome.

As for the small buttons, here's my hint: In the menu screen, tap "Options", and in "GFX" change the "Graphics mode" from "<default>" to "Normal (no scaling)". Then restart ScummVM. This will optimize the menu screen's resolution.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    squeeee! So happy! This totally made my evening. I already have all the LucasArts games loaded up, along with both simon's, inherit the earth, Gobliiins!, all the Revolution games, and a few others if. I am slowly going through each one, looking for anything I can report about. Anyways, i'm just super happy to be able to take ScummVM with me now. I am totally donating when I get paid next.
    Then please don't donate to me (I'm not providing a Donation link for this app anyway), donate to the ScummVM or the WebOS Internals team if possible. Compiling and packaging ScummVM is extremely easy because of three reasons:

1. Palm made a great decision by using Linux and especially SDL.

2. The WebOS Internals team provided an easy to use toolchain which makes cross-compiling SDL applications pretty easy.

3. ScummVM was already ported to so many platforms that porting it to another platform is so easy that everyone (including me) can do that.

So there isn't much work done by me. For now I just removed the Quit buttons (because they crash Luna and they are not needed anyway in webOS) and I mapped the forward gesture for opening the game menu.
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Good release! It runs monkey island 3 perfectly well there is a little tiny bit of lag but not much! Not enough to complain about anyways. lol

One question though how can I right click to access the inventory in monkey island 3? I'm guessing there is no right click yet maybe?
    General hint for all Games (or it least the ones using the scumm engine). Do a forward gesture, tap "help" and then two times "next". Then you will see the some keyboard shortcuts which may be helpful. For Monkey Island 3 you definitely need them because the onscreen action menu (does it have a fancy name? I don't know) is pretty unusable with a touchscreen: (i)nventory, (e)xamine, (t)alk to, (u)se.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    Love the idea of this project, but not sure what I need to download to actually play the games (obviously the game files) but when I tried with one of them, the .DAT file would not be recognized.
    Here is a step-by-step description of how to install one of the free games (Flight of the Amazon Queen or short FOTAQ).

1. Go to ScummVM :: Downloads

2. Download one of the FOTAQ archives. I recommend the unmodified original CD version because MP3 support is not yet working in WebOS version of ScummVM. If you are German you may want to use the version with the german OGG files (I enabled OGG support in the latest release)

3. Create the folder ScummVM/Games/queen on your phone (In USB drive mode if needed).

4. Unpack the downloaded archive into the queen folder you just created. If you used the orginal version then you must uncompress the bz2 file so in the end you have a ScummVM/Games/queen/queen.1 file on your phone. If you used the German version then you must unpack the zip into the queen folder so you get a ScummVM/Games/queen/queen1c file.

5. Start ScummVM, tap Add Game, select the "queen" folder which now appears in the directory listing and tap OK.

6. ScummVM should now autodetect the game. Just hit OK.

7. Select the game in the game list and tap "start".

It works like that for all other games. If you have Indiana Jones 3 on an old PC disk somewhere for example then just copy all the *.lfl files from the disk to SummVM/Games/indy3 and then procede as explained above.

If you have a problem with a specific game then please tell me which game it is. If I have the game then I could take a look what files are needed and if the game runs at all.
    work without problems.. tested on the dig and sam and max hit the road...

thank you for the great emulator...

BTW: is there a way to display the subtitles?
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    BTW: is there a way to display the subtitles?
    Try the options menu. In the Audio Tab there is a "Text and Speech" setting. Set it to "Speech and Subs" and it should work.
    Thank you.. I havent tried the "overide" function and the speach only was inactive...
    Did I read somewhere that there's a way to play "Myst" with the ScummVM engine?
    i think it is worked on by the scumm project and there you could compile a WIP version in the SVN that supports it, but i never tried it.
    Myst - ScummVM

Quote Originally Posted by PublicBenemy View Post
    Awesome.

As for the small buttons, here's my hint: In the menu screen, tap "Options", and in "GFX" change the "Graphics mode" from "<default>" to "Normal (no scaling)". Then restart ScummVM. This will optimize the menu screen's resolution.
    Thank you, that helped a lot

PS: thanks for fixing the port and packaging it up
    PPS: do you plan to further improve it? like compiling it with mor codec support and so on? maybe onscreen keyboard...
    also, would it be possible to implement right mouse button trough touching with one finger the gesturezone and then the normal click would be the right button?
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 02/23/2010 at 07:57 AM.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast