Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami0ne View Post
    Thanks for porting ScummVM over. All the games I've tried so far work well! Is there any way to keep the screen awake when ScummVM is running? Randomly tapping the screen during cutscenes is a hassle.
    When the official PDK is released then maybe there is a C API for it which can be integrated into ScummVM. For now I recommend using the Nodoze app in the background.
    what's the difference between this WebOS ScummVM and the one released earlier? http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...4-scummvm.html is the one I have installed, and I have several games installed already. I'm actually almost done with indiana jones and the last crusade, until I'm forced to fight! But anyways, I see that the support for the simon games are available. Also, does this run faster than that one? Can I map keys to certain keys?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post
    what's the difference between this WebOS ScummVM and the one released earlier? http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...4-scummvm.html is the one I have installed, and I have several games installed already. I'm actually almost done with indiana jones and the last crusade, until I'm forced to fight! But anyways, I see that the support for the simon games are available. Also, does this run faster than that one? Can I map keys to certain keys?
    I wasn't aware that there was already a package. Wonder why it was not put into one of the homebrew repos. The description in the first post sounds like this is just an unmodified ScummVM which was put into an IPK. My package offers a useful default configuration (It creates the directory structure on the USB partition for example), has a special theme which makes it easier to use on the small touchscreen and maps the forward gesture for opening the game menu which makes it easy to use savegames and configure in-game options for most games. So no need to save games with the debugger console. I also compiled OGG, MP3, MPEG2, FLAC and FluidSynth support into it and enabled support for all games (But don't know if they are really all working, I just have a handful of them). Don't think that there is any performance difference. Both use the same ScummVM version.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Great Work! I tried some germn games and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    I wasn't aware that there was already a package. Wonder why it was not put into one of the homebrew repos. The description in the first post sounds like this is just an unmodified ScummVM which was put into an IPK. My package offers a useful default configuration (It creates the directory structure on the USB partition for example), has a special theme which makes it easier to use on the small touchscreen and maps the forward gesture for opening the game menu which makes it easy to use savegames and configure in-game options for most games. So no need to save games with the debugger console. I also compiled OGG, MP3, MPEG2, FLAC and FluidSynth support into it and enabled support for all games (But don't know if they are really all working, I just have a handful of them). Don't think that there is any performance difference. Both use the same ScummVM version.
    Can you mention if this release supports the SCI games recently included in the non-stable builds? ScummVM :: Home
    Also, I know a lot of people are curious .. is there a plan to somehow emulate a right-mouse click? Thanks for packing this up, having scumm games on the pre is very slick
    Quote Originally Posted by zx3junglist View Post
    Can you mention if this release supports the SCI games recently included in the non-stable builds? ScummVM :: Home
    Also, I know a lot of people are curious .. is there a plan to somehow emulate a right-mouse click? Thanks for packing this up, having scumm games on the pre is very slick
    Yeah the right-mouse click is important for some games specially The Dig.

-Toaster
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Yeah the right-mouse click is important for some games specially The Dig.
    -Toaster
    If I find the time I will look into it. I have The Dig somewhere on CD here. Maybe I can implement a tap in the gesture area as a right-click-modifier. So tapping the screen is left click and tapping the screen while holding down a finger on the gesture area is a right click. Maybe that's possible without breaking the back and forward gesture mapping.
  8.    #68  
    Just for info: My work is now available via Subversion:

http://scm.ailis.de/svn/webOS/scummvm/trunk/

In this folder you can find the Makefile, the modifications in form of patches, the palm package files and the touchscreen-optimized theme.
    If I find the time I will look into it. I have The Dig somewhere on CD here. Maybe I can implement a tap in the gesture area as a right-click-modifier. So tapping the screen is left click and tapping the screen while holding down a finger on the gesture area is a right click. Maybe that's possible without breaking the back and forward gesture mapping.
    Yeah you need right clicking when you get to the bones part to rotate them:

Edit: Even something like Press and hold and R and then click would be nice.

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hey... I've tested my games on my PC with ScummVM and they seem to be working fine. On my Pre, King's Quest 3 works fine, but any of the LucasArts games (in particular, I'm using Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island) seem to have serious graphical glitches. It seems like the screen freezes but whenever the cursor or the character moves that particular part of the screen updates to what the image should be-- while the rest stays glitched out. Is anyone else having this issue or able to help me work out what the problem is?
    Last edited by taelusramza; 02/25/2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: typo
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by taelusramza View Post
    Hey... I've tested my games on my PC with ScummVM and they seem to be working fine. On my Pre, King's Quest 3 works fine, but any of the LucasArts games (in particular, I'm using Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island) seem to have serious graphical glitches. It seems like the screen freezes but whenever the cursor or the character moves that particular part of the screen updates to what the image should be-- while the rest stays glitched out. Is anyone else having this issue or able to help me work out what the problem is?
    No. But I have not played these games for real yet, just started them, watched the intro and walked around a little bit. Are these graphical glitches coming at a specific time in the game? Or are they starting right from the beginning?
    When I try and play Monkey Island 2, I am given a copyright protection thing where I am suppose to enter numbers. I can't figure out how to enter the numbers, is there something I am missing?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beave4 View Post
    When I try and play Monkey Island 2, I am given a copyright protection thing where I am suppose to enter numbers. I can't figure out how to enter the numbers, is there something I am missing?
    Hm, that's strange. I already played MI2 and simply entered some numbers. But I tried again now and you are right, I can't enter numbers anymore with the keyboard. But I can in edit boxes in the options menu for example. No idea so far what causes this.

For stuff like this it might be useful to get the virtual keyboard running. I found the configure parameter which activates it but I have two problem with it which I must resolve before I can activate it. First problems is that the keyboard only comes up once and after this it will not show again because a parser error occured while parsing the keyboard layout XML (But the XML looks valid...) Second problem is that I can't find a good way to map the keyboard to. It's pretty boring to open the virtual keyboard by pressing some key on the physical keyboard ;-) So if someone has a good idea how the virtual keyboard could be opened then please tell me. Back- and forward-gesture is already used, tapping the gesture area can't be used for anything else but modifiers (And maybe I manage to simulate a right-click with it).
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The glitches are starting right at the beginning. They aren't minor-- it's not the sort of thing that you would not notice-- even if you only play for a second or two, you can see immediately that it is happening. Is there some way I can take screenshots from my Pre? I'd be happy to do so if that would help at all.
    This is a great piece of software. Got full Throttle going a couple of nights ago. These game really lend themselves to usage on a touchscreen device.

My only complaint is that my fat fingers get in the way of menus sometimes, but I'm at least 75% sure it's my own fault
    Orange+SYM+P will take a screen shot.

I've noticed on a lot of the games I've downloaded, the actions have messed up graphics. Frequently completely unusable because random graphics artifacts cover them up. Is this an issue with the versions of these games I'm running?

All in all, a wonderful emulator that I will use a LOT. We just need that right click and GPU integration (whenever Palm feels like allowing us to do that). Some documentation specifically for the WebOS version wouldn't hurt either. ^.^

EDIT: A way for jumping back into the game select screen would also be awesome.
    Last edited by Beware; 02/26/2010 at 04:34 PM.
    Hm, that's strange. I already played MI2 and simply entered some numbers. But I tried again now and you are right, I can't enter numbers anymore with the keyboard. But I can in edit boxes in the options menu for example. No idea so far what causes this.

For stuff like this it might be useful to get the virtual keyboard running. I found the configure parameter which activates it but I have two problem with it which I must resolve before I can activate it. First problems is that the keyboard only comes up once and after this it will not show again because a parser error occured while parsing the keyboard layout XML (But the XML looks valid...) Second problem is that I can't find a good way to map the keyboard to. It's pretty boring to open the virtual keyboard by pressing some key on the physical keyboard ;-) So if someone has a good idea how the virtual keyboard could be opened then please tell me. Back- and forward-gesture is already used, tapping the gesture area can't be used for anything else but modifiers (And maybe I manage to simulate a right-click with it).
    I am not able to get the Virtual Keyboard to come up at all when I am at the Monkey Island 2 copy protection screen. I've hit every key on the keyboard, double tapped the gesture area, and nada.

I'm really excited to play MI2, it was one of my favorites, so any help would be great to get past the copy protection screen.

Thanks
    Has anyone gotten Broken Sword 1 to run? I downloaded the cutscene pack from scummvm.org and it runs; however half-way through the cutscene, the app crashes and quits.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Yet another right-click suggestion:

Think it would be possible to set up the "@" button as right click? Since there is no @ button on any real keyboard, you won't have to worry about interfering with the controls on any other game.

(Would be great for Sam & Max to cycle through options!)

That said, great job all around. I'm loving this thing.
    gesture area as modifier (or touched while pressing with a another finger on the screen for right click) is better imo than a keyboard button. really just want to use it to enter something, not have it open for playing all the time
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast