Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 128
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    Hi,

    i just uploaded a new version (1.0.0002) with the following changes:
    • Added a modified theme optimized for small touchscreen (larger buttons, no mouse cursor)
    • Enabled support for all games (But kyra and saga plugins are not loading because of missing symbols)
    • Enabled MP3 support (libmad).
    • Enabled FLAC support (not tested).
    • Enabled MPEG2 support (not tested).
    • Enabled FluidSynth support (not tested).

    If for some reason this new theme is not active by default after upgrading please select the theme manually. Let me know what you think of this theme.

    If someone has games using FLAC or MPEG2 support I would be happy about some test results. I have no such games.

    And if someone knows how to use FluidSynth then again I would be happy about test results. I "think" that this stuff is about improving Midi quality by providing a sound file. There is an option for selecting a sound file in the scummvm settings. So it should be possible to upload a sound file to the usb storage, select it and maybe Midi sound then has a good quality. That's the theory. I don't know if I put all necessary libraries into the package to make it work actually.
    Kayahr, please feel free to use the Application:ScummVM - WebOS Internals wiki page for your port if you like.

    We can also offer you source code hosting space at git.webos-internals.org too if you are interested.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #42  
    I'm running into an issue with Sam & Max where it freezes after a few minutes of the intro (at different points during the intro). The entire app freezes. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Kayahr, please feel free to use the Application:ScummVM - WebOS Internals wiki page for your port if you like.
    We can also offer you source code hosting space at git.webos-internals.org too if you are interested.
    Thanks for the offer. I will wait for the ScummVM team feedback about how they would like to continue this project. Maybe they want all the stuff in their own SVN.

    But there are four Makefiles which wants to get into the PDK if possible. For the first I already posted in the WebOS Internals Development Forum but got no answer so far: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...59-libmad.html

    The other three Makefiles are for libmpeg2, fluidsynth and libsndfile. Maybe you can enlighten me how I can get this stuff into the PDK?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I will wait for the ScummVM team feedback about how they would like to continue this project. Maybe they want all the stuff in their own SVN.

    But there are four Makefiles which wants to get into the PDK if possible. For the first I already posted in the WebOS Internals Development Forum but got no answer so far: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...59-libmad.html

    The other three Makefiles are for libmpeg2, fluidsynth and libsndfile. Maybe you can enlighten me how I can get this stuff into the PDK?
    Absolutely. The easiest way is to drop by the IRC channel and discuss in real-time:

    freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

    If not, PM me and I'll get your details for git commit access.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #45  
    Woooohaaaaa! That rapid progress is so awesome!
    I have been a ScummVM user since Version 0.2
    Being able to play those games nowadays on my Pre is so astonishing.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by J Moe View Post
    I'm running into an issue with Sam & Max where it freezes after a few minutes of the intro (at different points during the intro). The entire app freezes. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!
    I just installed on my Sprint Pre. I've got Sam & Max running fine through the intro, opening credits, out of the office into the street with no problems so far.

    I know this doesn't help your situation, but it seems to be running fine here.

    Cheers.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by J Moe View Post
    I'm running into an issue with Sam & Max where it freezes after a few minutes of the intro (at different points during the intro). The entire app freezes. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!
    Yes, I can reproduce this. Freezes in the first cutscene. But if I skip this first cutscene then the rest of the intro runs fine and I had no freezes during the game itself yet.
  8. #48  
    can't play, missing right click. thanks anyway
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    Yes, I can reproduce this. Freezes in the first cutscene. But if I skip this first cutscene then the rest of the intro runs fine and I had no freezes during the game itself yet.
    Yup, that seems to be the case - the freeze only occurs in the first cutscene. I'll see if any other blips occur. Thanks again for all your hard work!
  10. #50  
    Need help. Installed via Preware and program launches. Downloaded Broken Sword from..

    ScummVM :: Downloads (Broken Sword Cutscene Pack (English, DXA compression) and extracted into a folder called Broken Sword

    /media/internal/ScummVm/Games/Broken Sword is now there but when i launch ScummVM and chose "Add Game" it doesn't see game. Did i not download everything? Missing something?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by tserna View Post
    /media/internal/ScummVm/Games/Broken Sword is now there but when i launch ScummVM and chose "Add Game" it doesn't see game. Did i not download everything? Missing something?
    ScummVM does not add the games automatically. You have to tap the "Add Game" button, then select the Broken Sword folder you have created
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    ScummVM does not add the games automatically. You have to tap the "Add Game" button, then select the Broken Sword folder you have created
    That's what i meant to say...my bad...Did just that but still doesn't play.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by tserna View Post
    That's what i meant to say...my bad...Did just that but still doesn't play.
    Ah, ok, sorry. Well, maybe all these packages for Broken Sword just contain additional files (The Cutscenes in this case). I never played Broken Sword. Maybe it is not freeware and so the game files itself are not available at the ScummVM website?
  14. #54  
    How'll I be able to tell which files I'll need to copy off a game's CD? Am I looking for a particular file extension or file extensions?

    I'll have to check for my Full Throttle or whatever game when I get home!

    UPDATE: I found the answer by surfing the ScummVM wiki. I found a page that lists the necessary data files for each supported game:
    http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 02/24/2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Found and posted the answer...
  15. #55  
    hey,
    that files on the scummvm page are only the converted cutscenes from the game so those will play when you play the game (the original files are not supported by scummvm so the orginal devs allowed them to release those converted)
    anyway you still need the other game data files from the original CDs.
    here is a list of the needed files, just copie the needed files of your version together with the downloaded cutscenes into a brokensword folder.
    Datafiles - ScummVM
  16. #56  
    I've tried to add a few games that the scummvm.org groups show as compatible, mainly "I Have No Mouth, and I must Scream", but others as well like Discworld and Inherit the Earth aren't working either. I included all the datafiles that the ScummVM Wiki page stated I should have, but it still says that their is no game in the folders where the data files were placed. I even decided to copy the full game contents over to the folders, but still nothing. The games that I have been able to add are Monkey Island 2, Space Quest 2, and Future Wars.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    Maybe Monkey Island 1 hadn't music everywhere. I just tried it: The intro has music and the Scumm Bar has music. Outside of the Scumm Bar is no music. Maybe that's normal. Haven't played MI1 for years.

    If you have no music at all then maybe you have a special MI1 version with MP3 sound track or something like that? The current version of WebOS ScummVM does not have MP3 support compiled in. This is fixed in the next version.
    The CD version of MI1 had music(or a sounds track of some sort) everywhere.

    Thanks for porting ScummVM to the Pre by the way.
  18. sjmtaelus's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #58  
    Is anyone having graphical glitching issues with Indy and the Fate of Atlantis? Seems like the graphics sort of freak out wherever there should be some animation.
  19.    #59  
    Maybe we should split this up because I don't think that this is the right place for general ScummVM support. So if possible please check if you have the same problem with the PC or Mac version of ScummVM (It is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X if this was not already known). So if the problem also occurs on your computer then head over to the ScummVM website (ScummVM :: Home) and contact the support forums there. If the problem only occurs on the webOS version then ask here.
  20. #60  
    Thanks for porting ScummVM over. All the games I've tried so far work well! Is there any way to keep the screen awake when ScummVM is running? Randomly tapping the screen during cutscenes is a hassle.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions