Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    PPS: do you plan to further improve it? like compiling it with mor codec support and so on? maybe onscreen keyboard...
    Sure, I plan to further improve it. But "onscreen keyboard" is a bit too much for me, sorry. Enabling more codecs should work as long as the codecs are available in the WebOS Internals PDK or can be easily ported. I enabled OGG support yesterday which was added to the PDK a few days ago. Just noticed that MP3 isn't working, which I will investigate this evening.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU! I've loaded up Monkey Island 1, 2, 3, Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max. Just loaded them up (don't even know the keycommands yet) to make sure they worked. So far ran into no performance issues whatsoever. Now I just need to learn the keys and try to think back 15 years and remember how to solve the damn puzzles...
    How is this version of ScummVM different than the one previously released in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...4-scummvm.html?

This is the one I installed on my phone awhile ago. Should I be using this version instead?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I'm not sure what type of requirements are needed for ScummVM so forgive me if I'm off my rocker, but can we expect better performance on the more intensive games?

I'm actually referring to The 7th Guest, which runs very nicely, but the fps drops during video/movement. It appears that while three-four seconds of play is perfect it suddenly starts to stagger slightly afterward (with broken audio), though 7th guest could be a little too new to be running perfectly on the Pre anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    Sure, I plan to further improve it. But "onscreen keyboard" is a bit too much for me, sorry. Enabling more codecs should work as long as the codecs are available in the WebOS Internals PDK or can be easily ported. I enabled OGG support yesterday which was added to the PDK a few days ago. Just noticed that MP3 isn't working, which I will investigate this evening.
    Mp3 support would be great have some games with speech compressed to mp3 that are currently not working.
    About the onscreen keyboard, i think scummvm has it allready in the source you just have to activate it while compiling.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    is it known If the recent re-release of the Indy games, The Dig, and Loom work with ScummVM? Cause I believe they said that the new Atlantis was a superior version, and it'd be nice to use that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    is it known If the recent re-release of the Indy games, The Dig, and Loom work with ScummVM? Cause I believe they said that the new Atlantis was a superior version, and it'd be nice to use that one.
    ScummVM :: Compatibility - SVN

If it's not there it's not compatible. There is a limitation on the games by engines and complexity, you can generally assume no on re-makes.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    [url= :: Compatibility - SVN[/url]

If it's not there it's not compatible. There is a limitation on the games by engines and complexity, you can generally assume no on re-makes.
    unless i'm mistaken, I was pretty sure that it was simply a previously unreleased version of the same game. Still using Scumm, etc etc. I will play around with it later. Hypothetically, if it works on the computer, it'd work on this version, correct?
  9.    #29  
    I think I hacked my Pre too much and now I can't be sure if libogg was already there or I installed that manually some time ago. Can please someone check his/her Pre and tell me if there is a file named /usr/lib/libogg.so.0 on it? If this does not come from Palm then I have to put this lib into the ScummVM package itself so everyone can enjoy ogg audio.
    they are there, and a vorbis compressed game works fine
    This is brilliant - many thanks!
    I'm running Monkey Island 1 (DOS version) & I get sound effects (doors opening, etc), but no music - is there something I need to do to enable it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    unless i'm mistaken, I was pretty sure that it was simply a previously unreleased version of the same game. Still using Scumm, etc etc. I will play around with it later. Hypothetically, if it works on the computer, it'd work on this version, correct?
    Yep, that seems to be the case for me, and that is the purpose of ScummVM.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajborley View Post
    This is brilliant - many thanks!
    I'm running Monkey Island 1 (DOS version) & I get sound effects (doors opening, etc), but no music - is there something I need to do to enable it?
    Maybe Monkey Island 1 hadn't music everywhere. I just tried it: The intro has music and the Scumm Bar has music. Outside of the Scumm Bar is no music. Maybe that's normal. Haven't played MI1 for years.

If you have no music at all then maybe you have a special MI1 version with MP3 sound track or something like that? The current version of WebOS ScummVM does not have MP3 support compiled in. This is fixed in the next version.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayahr View Post
    Maybe Monkey Island 1 hadn't music everywhere. I just tried it: The intro has music and the Scumm Bar has music. Outside of the Scumm Bar is no music. Maybe that's normal. Haven't played MI1 for years.

If you have no music at all then maybe you have a special MI1 version with MP3 sound track or something like that? The current version of WebOS ScummVM does not have MP3 support compiled in. This is fixed in the next version.
    I think you're right - my copy has a set of MP3 files on the disk. I'll wait for the next version! Many thanks!
    kayahr, you might want to check out this post and this post from the other ScummVM thread. It looks like the developers of ScummVM have found the other port and are interested in the work people here have been doing. I think you might need to contact them and make your work official in order to stay legal with the GPL and all.

Thanks so much for the work you've done on this! I just wasted SO many hours playing Flight of the Amazon Queen thanks to you. I also tried Beneath a Steel Sky, but after digging for some instructions, it looks like the game controls use a lot of right-clicking, which is something we can't do yet, right? Any idea if that functionality will be coming in the future? Thanks again!
    Gesture area meta-tap would be a great way to implement right klick
    *pretty-please*

Thanks for the great port!
    Yeah we really need a right click I'm stuck in The Dig right now cause I need to rotate the bones with right click. lol

-Toaster
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    kayahr, you might want to check out this post and this post from the other ScummVM thread. It looks like the developers of ScummVM have found the other port and are interested in the work people here have been doing. I think you might need to contact them and make your work official in order to stay legal with the GPL and all.
    Thanks, I contacted them.
  19.    #39  
    Hi,

i just uploaded a new version (1.0.0002) with the following changes:
    • Added a modified theme optimized for small touchscreen (larger buttons, no mouse cursor)
    • Enabled support for all games (But kyra and saga plugins are not loading because of missing symbols)
    • Enabled MP3 support (libmad).
    • Enabled FLAC support (not tested).
    • Enabled MPEG2 support (not tested).
    • Enabled FluidSynth support (not tested).

If for some reason this new theme is not active by default after upgrading please select the theme manually. Let me know what you think of this theme.

If someone has games using FLAC or MPEG2 support I would be happy about some test results. I have no such games.

And if someone knows how to use FluidSynth then again I would be happy about test results. I "think" that this stuff is about improving Midi quality by providing a sound file. There is an option for selecting a sound file in the scummvm settings. So it should be possible to upload a sound file to the usb storage, select it and maybe Midi sound then has a good quality. That's the theory. I don't know if I put all necessary libraries into the package to make it work actually.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quake, VBA, probably NesEm, and now this... all these awesome things that won't work on the Pixi. I wonder if meboy would work.

I choose form factor over power, and not that I regret my decision, but I don't see how it is not possible to at least emulate original gameboy games on the Pixi. older blackberrys can do that..
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast