Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    I too experience this problem without ever using a headset. I use a bluetooth device to listen to DrPodder and when I have to pause, I sometimes cannot resume until after the bluetooth has already disconnected. I then connect again and cannot hear a thing; I noticed that when I get stuck in headset mode I cannot use a2dp to hear bluetooth media and no sound is made when swiping a card closed. Again, this happend without ever using a wired headset. I need to try this application to see it it restores media functionality, but I am very curious about what causes this VERY annoying problem. I often don't know when I am stuck in headset mode until I answer a call and the caller can't hear me and I cannot hear them. There is a theory I have about this problem: I do think that it is hardware based, but I think that once the phone gets stuck in headset mode, WebOS then has a hard time handing off sound profiles and can more easily get stuck. Also, the same way I am able to fix the problem by making a call and unplugging and replugging the wire in quickly, I think that there is also a bug/glitch that allows it to get stuck again through a series of actions, and I think bluetooth has something to do with that series. This would explain why I have to turn bluetooth off when I try to fix it. Palm reall y need to look into this and prevent it from EVER happening again!
    Update: Seems this is a hardware problem after all. Wd40 and alcohol on a qtip worked to relieve headset mode on 3 occations. Problem is that it keeps happening. I just got a replacement though, so this shouldn't be an issue for me anymore.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    just wanted to thank the developer for such a great app. has saved me 5 times in a week
    somebody please explain to me exactly how to get this installed on my Pre. I can't seem to do it and I'm desperate and anxious to tey it! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mozam314 View Post
    somebody please explain to me exactly how to get this installed on my Pre. I can't seem to do it and I'm desperate and anxious to tey it! Thanks
    Download the app from the first post on this thread. Install it with Preware, Internalz, or WebOS Quick Install

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Your app works for me, sorta'. The setting doesn't "stick." With each new call the phone is defaulted to the headset setting.

The app successfully changes the setting away from headset, but now I have a strange icon on the phone app that has the headset earphones picture/icon but it says "Speaker" beneath it. Have I ever seen this icon before? I don't think so, but my memory fails me sometime...

Bottom line, your app works but seems a little redundant. If I watch what I am doing I can change away from the headset with every call or use your app before I make a call.

I have been a little reluctant to start poking things into the headset hole, but I guess that is my next troubleshooting step.
    Finally had to bury beloved Pre. But now I have a TouchPad!
    Still wondering why you haven't submitted to Preware....
  8.    #108  
    There is an outstanding bug that will cause the phone audio mode to revert back to headset mode after making a call. I have no been able to pinpoint why it's doing this and my effort to counteract this behaviour have not been successful. As a result, I've ceased all development on this app and decided not to publish a half-working solution to preware.
    explanation on the front page

posting something that never worked fully would just cause headaches since people would undoubtedly come here to look for "support"
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    does doctoring stop the headset issue if it is a software problem? my cousins pre has this issue and i recently doctored it for other issues but his phone is still stuck in headset mode.

does that mean it is a hardware issue? or could it still be software?
  10.    #110  
    If doctoring didn't fix it, it's likely hardware.

There are a bunch of guides to fix the hardware issue all over the forums. Personally, I clean out the headset jack with a qtip + rubbing alcohol (with the phone battery removed, of course).
    ok, thanks for the tip!
    btw, your tip solved my cousins issue! thanks so much!
  13.    #113  
    glad to help
    Wow, your app was exactly what I needed. I was going nuts yesterday, believing my Pre's muteness was due to System Menus patches from Sconix, until I found this great advice...

But I have a problem you also might have: After a successfull test call, phone reverts to headset mode! What can I do? Did I break the headset connector yesterday, after its second use ever?

Well, I've kept on reading, and it seems the connector is really picky, so will apply the cleaning technique, by the very own app creator:

clean out the headset jack with a qtip + rubbing alcohol
    What's a "qtip"?
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 02/01/2011 at 05:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    What's a "qtip"?
    A cotton swab.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos
    What's a "qtip"?
    A cotton swab.
    Oh, thanks. Me dumb, as I could have used the almighty Google to find out myself. According to the gods of the 'net, a qtip is this:

But it's also this:

Gotta love the net!
    Indeed, the problem is physical in my Pre: Poke gently an unfolded paperclip into the headset hole, and press it to the right (phone facing front). It seems the faulty switch is there. You can check when the switch is off with the Ghasty Headset app.

Is there any patch that shows the headset switch status onscreen?
    this happened to me once. I found out the trigger switch/clip is in the jack towards the back of the phone. All I did was with the screen facing me I inserted my headphone jack and once in I pulled the top of the jack towards the screen while pulling I took the jack out quickly and the problem was fixed. Apparently taking the jack out at an angle like that puts pressure on the back of the headphone port and gets the trigger to go off.
    Thank you, make me crazy this bug, work's in palm pre telcel
    Hey,
    I just wanted to post this just because I think it may help some of you. So this looks like a hardware problem. We all know that there are a lot of things on the pre that can be fixed with paper. Well I think i have another for you.

1. Pop off the battery back aka back cover.
    2. You see the headphone at the top. If you wiggle it the screen with come on
    3. If you stop that wiggle you stop the random screen on and off issue
    4. what Ive read was take a tiny piece of paper and wedge it down there
    (I took a coffee stir and cut it into a half circle and then cut a tiny part of that and wiggled it in.)
    5. It doesnt take much. not a lot of room but just enough to be a pain. by stopping the wiggle I havent had screen issues.

Sorry for the bad pic but I hope it helps a little bit. Also remember to leave something sticking out so it doesnt fall into the phone and you can remove it.

I take no responsibility for anyone trying this.

Picture:
    http://i.imgur.com/0byFA.jpg
    Last edited by theXfactor2011; 03/01/2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: picture is to big
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G