Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Wow. Thank you so much. I had tried all other fixes involving pulling out the headphones at whatnot and none of them worked. This did!

Very handy app to keep just in case.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prerbaca View Post
    OK so now what... I'm passed the 1 year mark on my phone and it just decided to get stuck in the headset mode permanently. Nothing is getting it out, tried everything (blowing, plug in and out, rest, webDR, make a call plug in then mute then unplug) and nothing works. The sad part is I did not get the extra protection plan coverage.

So any ideas or am I just out a phone 13 months after buying it. BTW I love the WebOS but the phone hw is just not up to par.
    Don't give up yet. I didn't catch your carrier, but I know with Sprint even if you're out of warranty they can fix this in less than a minute and they'll usually do it out of courtesy anyway.
    Thank you ) Its WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    works great! Thanks for fixing the buggy pre-hardware with this piece of software.

Could you submit it to Webos-internals or provide an ipk link that can be downloaded directly to the phone. At the mom it downloads a .axd instead of ipk and so the extentions is not recognized by preware or internalz.
    Quote Originally Posted by prerbaca View Post
    OK so now what... I'm passed the 1 year mark on my phone and it just decided to get stuck in the headset mode permanently. Nothing is getting it out, tried everything (blowing, plug in and out, rest, webDR, make a call plug in then mute then unplug) and nothing works. The sad part is I did not get the extra protection plan coverage.

So any ideas or am I just out a phone 13 months after buying it. BTW I love the WebOS but the phone hw is just not up to par.
    @Prerbaca

Try the WD40 fix for the headset problem. Spray a little WD 40 on your headset plug ( just a bit). Then insert it, twist and remove it from the jack a few times (not roughly, just a bit of the in and out). I just did it and it worked for me.

I think the culprit in my case was drywall dust from a renovation project I'm doing at my house.

I'm at 18 months with my pre without an issue like this. If it takes drywall dust and a taking down a plaster and drywall wall in my bedroom to bring the headset jack down, then my Pre is nigh well indestructible in my book!
  6.    #86  
    Updated original post with direct link to file for installation through preware

www futurepr0n com/depot/com.palm.futurepr0n.theghastlyheadset_0.0.2_all.ipk
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    great app
    Thanks you sieved my phone !
    I use this every day. I have tried WD40, ethanol, everything to no avail. This saved my phone. Thanks!!!

One request...... if you could add buttons to switch it to bluetooth that would save me a lot of headache. I can't use my bluetooth anymore because I can only get it in wired headphone or speakerphone mode... thats it.

Thanks so much for doing this.... it will help me limp on by until the new phone comes out.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post
    I use this every day. I have tried WD40, ethanol, everything to no avail. This saved my phone. Thanks!!!

One request...... if you could add buttons to switch it to bluetooth that would save me a lot of headache. I can't use my bluetooth anymore because I can only get it in wired headphone or speakerphone mode... thats it.

Thanks so much for doing this.... it will help me limp on by until the new phone comes out.
    +1 That would be a huge help.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Awesome!!! Thanks a lot!!!

But one thing... The phone won't automatically switch between speaker phone and headset anymore? Oh Shut!!! What The Fact!!!

It's hardware problem guys, the phone won't switch to headset mode automatically after i plugged the headset vice versa... Oh maaan... my phone has been broken...

And after i restart my phone, the phone back to its headset mode...
    Last edited by ArchCancer; 11/10/2010 at 03:39 PM.
    had my speaker quit also, just after using the headset during a long call. tried the headset plug in out probably 100 times, tried the unplug during media playing or while on a call..

poked around in the "bits" and found that .. yes .. the headset jack is telling the phone that the headset is inserted. ...so... out comes the alcohol and "Qtip" (actualy a Fiberoptic cleaning stick. and a foam tip cleaning swab that "just" fit into the jack. squirted alcohol into the hole, scrub'd around in and out twisted and wobbled, and that fixed it !! before i did all that i installed the "Ghastly headset" and it worked just wonderfully and allowed me to continue using the phone until i could get home to try the other tings ...
    Great, I can finally answer calls normally now! Thanks for the app! I also picked up netSpeed; it's much nicer and convenient to quickly check my speeds with this app.
    I tried using this app today. Yesterday for the first time I had this problem. I had used a headset cable to play some music in my wife's car and had talked a few times on the phone since (normally). I used my Blue Parrot Xxpressway bluetooth headset and when I turned it off that morning the phone was left only working on Headset (wired) and Speaker. Inserting and removing a pair of headphones several times finally freed the normal mode up.

Today I used the bluetooth again on the way to work and then with no headset use since yesterday found that the "normal" profile was not listed in my choices. I could only do Headset (wired) or Bluetooth or Speaker.

I brought up the Ghastly Headset application that I installed yesterday in case this happened when I had no headphones or headset available. The only choices were speaker and headset - there was no option for changing to "normal". I tried with and without headphones plugged in - I had no true headset to use. I remember reading a headset had to be plugged in - but figured that headphones would be sufficient.

What am I doing wrong or am I just confused. Eventually I had to resort to the headset insert/remove multiple times to get this to work. The fact that this failed again without any headset use makes me wonder if this is a hardware or software issue tied somehow to bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thank you so much. I'd rather have my own crappy phone all ghetto-rigged together than a refurb that has been god-knows-where.

Edit- This program works great so far. Do you have a Paypal or something I can send you money? srsly I'll send like $5 because you saved me a lot of hassle.
    Last edited by ushmel; 11/29/2010 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I brought up the Ghastly Headset application that I installed yesterday in case this happened when I had no headphones or headset available. The only choices were speaker and headset - there was no option for changing to "normal". I tried with and without headphones plugged in - I had no true headset to use. I remember reading a headset had to be plugged in - but figured that headphones would be sufficient.

What am I doing wrong or am I just confused. Eventually I had to resort to the headset insert/remove multiple times to get this to work. The fact that this failed again without any headset use makes me wonder if this is a hardware or software issue tied somehow to bluetooth.
    Bump... no thoughts?
    Just wanted to extend a "thank you" to Neville for spending time + effort on this app. Still reverts from "Phone Speaker Mode" to "Headset Mode" but it's better than nothing!

Even though out of warranty, I might try speaking to Bell about a replacement.
    Dear Man,

much thank your good ipk, it really fixed my pre, thanks very much~~
    It works really well, but I think there could be a few good adjustments.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Finally installed this just in time.
    For the first time my phone was playing music out of the ear piece instead of the back speaker. Weird..