Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Hola peoples of the thread.

Not sure if anyone saw it in the other main "headset mode" thread - but my issue was fixed when a Sprint repair shop replaced my earpiece speaker...

I had the headset mode thing go on and off for a while - then just got stuck for good... Took it in, they replaced that speaker - all is perfect again.
    Hey naville,
    thanks for the hard work on this tool which is working pretty fine except for the little 'turnback-bug'. But would it be possible to add a "Force media a2dp"-button as well? If it is turned on, it looks like what you see in the attachement, but if it ones turned to the ghastly headset-mode, I am not able to force it the way I would like to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So glad you created this app. My palm developed this isssue yesterday, out of the blue, and would have had no chance without your app and alcohol tip.

The app did its job but as you said, after a phone call went back to no sound in earpiece. Then cleaned headset jack with alcohol and rebooted and as ok last night.

This morning again no sound in earpiece so this time at least I had your app installed and could know what mode the sound was in and force it thru today as needed.

I dont know why this started all of a sudden - all I did yesterday was install week numbers app and that should not have impacted sound at all. Your app is a lifesaver and I didnt get any error messages.

Do you have any other thoughts on how to permanently fix having the issue as dont really want to return phone as dont want a refurb one. I love my palm and its been great for for the 4 1/2 months I have owned it due to precentral and home brew apps/patches to make the phone all it can be.
    old school fix.

i had this problem for the first time today. i was about to download this app, but i just blew into the headphone jack (yes like a nintendo game). It started working.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I'm interested in this, but cannot figure out how to install. Not in Preware. I see that someone else has asked this question, and did not see a real answer. I tried WOSQI, but I get a cannot connect error message. (Yes, I'm in Developer mode, plugged in for just charge.) Not sure if this is a problem with this app or something else.

Any suggestions??

UPDATE: Never mind. Had to do a novacom reinstall, and it's fine now. Yay!! This stuck in headset mode stuff has seemed worse lately; this will be a sanity-saver!
    Last edited by davidtm; 07/24/2010 at 12:46 PM.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    Hey naville,
    thanks for the hard work on this tool which is working pretty fine except for the little 'turnback-bug'. But would it be possible to add a "Force media a2dp"-button as well? If it is turned on, it looks like what you see in the attachement, but if it ones turned to the ghastly headset-mode, I am not able to force it the way I would like to.

What exactly is a2dp??
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    i have the same problem that grizzlynyc

when I hang the call the tone back to the media hairset

anyone have a solution ?

its seems thats is problem of palmOs webos not the hardware
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    What exactly is a2dp??
    It's a profile of bluetooth for stereo sound, it's what you'd use to get good quality music through bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I had no idea other people experienced this!

But mine seems to switch to headset mode if I squeeze the phone near the top (or just handle the phone while on a call).
    Nice little app to help those of us with headset problems. Thank You.
    I just wanted to say thank you to the creator of this program!! It can be a life saver sometimes. Thank you so much!
    Works very well for me.

I notice one thing however, the phone is going into headset mode every time I hang up the phone app. Is there a way to force it to always be speaker until a restart or possible until we set it back to auto in your app?
    OK so now what... I'm passed the 1 year mark on my phone and it just decided to get stuck in the headset mode permanently. Nothing is getting it out, tried everything (blowing, plug in and out, rest, webDR, make a call plug in then mute then unplug) and nothing works. The sad part is I did not get the extra protection plan coverage.

So any ideas or am I just out a phone 13 months after buying it. BTW I love the WebOS but the phone hw is just not up to par.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by prerbaca View Post
    OK so now what... I'm passed the 1 year mark on my phone and it just decided to get stuck in the headset mode permanently. Nothing is getting it out, tried everything (blowing, plug in and out, rest, webDR, make a call plug in then mute then unplug) and nothing works. The sad part is I did not get the extra protection plan coverage.

So any ideas or am I just out a phone 13 months after buying it. BTW I love the WebOS but the phone hw is just not up to par.
    Clean it out with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Trust me.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyelliott_rock View Post
    old school fix.

i had this problem for the first time today. i was about to download this app, but i just blew into the headphone jack (yes like a nintendo game). It started working.
    After days of trying to fix the stuck headset speaker, I performed the same high tech maneuver and it worked! Thanks for sharing it.
    Thanks for this app. My headset jack started exhibiting this problem recently. I use my phone every day on my commute to listen to podcasts on my car stereo.

I was wondering, though, if you'd be willing to make a small change. Instead of four buttons, would you be able to make two drop-down menus, one for phone and one for media? I think it'd be easier to use.

Something like:

Current media mode is:
    X Headset
    Speaker

Current phone mode is:
    X Headset
    Speaker

Great app. I really appreciate it.

Chris
    Sadly, neither the q-tip trick, fiddling with all the mute-speaker phone-etc buttons, not anything has worked so far to undo my Pre's inability to SPEAK. Sigh. So I'll try out the app.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    This worked well for me. My phone was in a permanent state of phone and media headset mode for the last few months. It became quite an annoyance to have to use a bluetooth headset everytime I needed to make a call.

This little app works great! It needs to be run each time after a headset is disconnected as the phone will not revert its settings back to speaker.

Great job!
    Thanks Neville. This is a huge help. I am trying to limp my dying phone along until we get some new webos hardware.

I don't know if you are still open to additional development but if you were I had some thoughts to make the app a little more usable even with the bug.

Mostly for me, just getting rid of the notification on a mode change would be GREAT. I plan on putting this in my quicklaunch so I can always be ready to switch modes, but with the notification and ensuing loud noise it makes it hard to use this way. If you don't have time I'd be happy to try and change it if you send me the code.

The other option would be to contact sconix to see about adding this to his menu system. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-menus.html

Regardless, this should help at least when its an emergency.

Thanks
    Where do you find this app? I searched for "Ghastly headset" in the app catalog and app scoop, but no luck.