Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Moving from old forum at http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...boxee-app.html.

<p>This is my first attempt at this, so forgive the crudeness of this app. I am learning as I go, and now have someone who is going to help &quot;prettify&quot; the application. This is the first public release. It is very early on. It will improve over time. But what I can say is that this app works. Simply make sure the webserver is on in your Boxee prefs, that you know the ip address of your boxee box, and you're good to go. See: webosxbmcremote - Project Hosting on Google Code for more info. App is and always will remain GPL.</p>

Known Issues - The preferences don't save between sessions. The preferences will work, but will reset when the program closes

The now playing screen thumbnail is not there

The volume only sets volume at 90% and at 40%

I am currently starting from scratch, with a better idea of things work this time, so next release will work much better and be much prettier.

OJR
    Awesome idea.

Should this work for XBMC, since boxee is based of xbmc?
    There's a special XMBC remote app in the app catalogue.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Rough around the edges, but GREAT work. This works really well at running Boxee. Thanks for making this!
    Nice work fella.

Had somehow not heard of Boxee before this app appeared on Preware and now not only have I found my favourite media playback solution for my TV but my favourite Palm Pre app too.

I look forward to seeing how this develops.
    Sweet, been waiting for an app like this! Have too much studying to do at the moment, but I will be testing this out later this week

Thank you!
  7.    #7  
    Hey you all! Thanks for the ratings and the comments. I promise I will work on this soon. I teach high school, and thus the week is pretty busy. But i'll get around to trying to at least fix and update a couple of things over the weekend. Still working on the fresh version.
    Looking forward to this and helping you out, I just got a brand new computer setup so I'll be spending the next few days trying to restore everything to how I had it before, but once I install photoshop again I shall continue designing the gui,

this is what I have thus far,

I would love to hear some input on this, up next will be adding the "now playing" and "preferences" buttons.
    Last edited by Mr Roman; 02/26/2010 at 02:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm liking your color schemes and rearrangement for the new interface. Looks more "pro". An onClick glow on the buttons would be nice as well (although I don't imagine I will be looking at the remote while using that scene ).

Otherwise keep up the good work!
  10.    #10  
    an onglow would be nice, but tactile feedback is what I'd eventually like to do as well. Maybe have the phone vibrate when you hit a button, but i don't know if that would be available through the current palm api's (might require rooting). looking forward to it roman.
    What are the odds of being able to use the pre/pixi's keyboard with boxee, rather than using the on screen one?
  12.    #12  
    I had that in one of my test versions . . . ijkl were navigation. I plan on putting that back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxaloot View Post
    What are the odds of being able to use the pre/pixi's keyboard with boxee, rather than using the on screen one?
    This would be a great feature. I only have a corded kb, having the ability to use the Pre kb to type would be great if possible
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richaoj View Post
    an onglow would be nice, but tactile feedback is what I'd eventually like to do as well. Maybe have the phone vibrate when you hit a button, but i don't know if that would be available through the current palm api's (might require rooting). looking forward to it roman.
    Sadly (or maybe not for some), the Pre doesn't come with proper haptic feedback. There are apps out there that do a bit of vibrate control (preshaver comes to mind), but I am not sure it would feel really natural as a click feedback. Worth a test, but I think a pretty UI will bring more people to the app starting out.
    I feel silly based on the limited instruction and not being able to get this working at my end. Any insight? I have Boxee Beta running on a PC with WinXP. The inhouse IP address that it's running on is 192.168.1.X (with a static IP address). The webserver setting is engaged in the Boxee settings and it list port 8800 in the Boxee software.

My only guesses at this point are, the App doesn't work with WinXP, only Linux.
    Port forwarding in a router? Boxee password for port 8800 needs to be empty?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Ok so, I accidentally formatted my design and documents hard drive and I lost the PSD file containing the design I made, BUT its gonna be pretty easy to recreate, so I'm hoping by this weekend to have a new GUI ready.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    I feel silly based on the limited instruction and not being able to get this working at my end. Any insight? I have Boxee Beta running on a PC with WinXP. The inhouse IP address that it's running on is 192.168.1.X (with a static IP address). The webserver setting is engaged in the Boxee settings and it list port 8800 in the Boxee software.

My only guesses at this point are, the App doesn't work with WinXP, only Linux.
    Port forwarding in a router? Boxee password for port 8800 needs to be empty?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    It should work with any version of boxee. However, Boxee itself is in beta and is constantly changing things. Which version of the Beta are you running? I would double check to make sure you are running the most recent version (.09.20.107**). You shouldn't need to do any port forwarding.

Also, I suspect that windows firewall may be the problem. Try turning off Windows Firewall (for testing) and see if it works then. If so, then port 8800 (or whatever port you have set in your boxee prefs) needs to open in windows firewall.

Sorry for your troubles.

Left is new, Right is old

since i lost the original file, i started re-creating it just a few minutes ago but i have to head out for work, so here is the design so far, it wont be a 1:1 match but if anything, it will be better
    I really think that this would be awesome to try out- especially if one could use the keyboard on the pre to type into the boxee browser.

My issue: I open the Boxee Remote app, click on "Prefs" and when I type in the IP of my appleTV (192.168.0.190) into the Boxee Remote App and click "Save Changes" it will not retain the IP address. Any suggestions? I will click over to the remote screen and then back to "Prefs" and the IP address is no longer in the box. It just says "hint".

I am running boxee beta (0.9.20.10708) on my appleTV and have OS 1.4 on my Pre.

Thanks!
    Mr Roman,

I really like the look you have, but could you please move the OK/Enter button to where it was before, in the middle of the directional buttons? It's much easier to hit there than in the bottom corner.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast