Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got this up last night finally, and it works AWESOME! Really cool little app, fun to control my HTPC with my phone, especially since I don't have a remote for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatMatthew View Post
    Mr Roman,

I really like the look you have, but could you please move the OK/Enter button to where it was before, in the middle of the directional buttons? It's much easier to hit there than in the bottom corner.

Thanks!

ayay captain, here it is by request.. i do like it much better as well.

Any more ideas?
    To anyone who has used the app has input from the pre's keyboard been added and what is the latency like? Can I also use it to controll my mouse like a track pad?
    no keyboard support or mouse feature, and I haven't really experienced any "lag" issues, it's instant.
    Hey thanks Mr. Roman. Anyone know if there are any other remote controll solutions for boxee that would give me mouse controll, and or keyboard input as well?
    Need to add a button on both pages that will bring you back to the navigation page, still deciding where to put it. Any suggestions?

The bottom menu bar will spread across all pages, but once your in the settings.. the settings button will become unavailable, same for the playback once your in that page.

Here's a mock-up for the playback/now playing... Any ideas as to what to do with the playback buttons (color changes, etc..). Displayed here is "previous stop play (on.press will change to pause) next". On the bottom line is "shuffle mute/unmute +/- volume". What other buttons should I add?

*edit*
    How is this for the application icon? Official logo with the official boxee topset remote and Pre.
    or
    Last edited by Mr Roman; 03/09/2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: new stuff
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I would recommend the settings be under the top left menu (where it says tasks on your mock up) like most Webos apps so it's uniform. Then put the navigation and playback choices along the bottom.

As for the icon I personally like the Boxee face with the Pre overlay in front. Nice work on all this!
    Quote Originally Posted by richaoj View Post
    It should work with any version of boxee. However, Boxee itself is in beta and is constantly changing things. Which version of the Beta are you running? I would double check to make sure you are running the most recent version (.09.20.107**). You shouldn't need to do any port forwarding.

Also, I suspect that windows firewall may be the problem. Try turning off Windows Firewall (for testing) and see if it works then. If so, then port 8800 (or whatever port you have set in your boxee prefs) needs to open in windows firewall.

Sorry for your troubles.
    Some more feedback for trying to get this to work. I have disabled Windows Firewall, and still no luck. I am new-ish to networking, so any help would be welcome.

I am running WinXP with all updates, AVG with all updates (no firewall), and using WinXP firewall. I have a common Linksys wireless router. I have setup things like Windows Remote Desktop, and port forwarded in my router, so I'm familiar with settting up a static IP address and a few basics like that. I have the latest Boxee Beta installed on this HTPC running Boxee.
    Any other insight out there?

Troubleshooting this, has brought up a few aside networking questions...If Boxee has a setting in Settings/Network/Servers, where Web Server port is 8800 and we set the Web Server password to 'empty', doesn't that allow outside access to our Boxees (vs inside/subnet access to Boxee)? I have not used the web access function with Boxee before, but I assume there are a few Boxee apps for remote access to it through port 8800, yes? If this functions like other software, we are opening this port to the internet without a password? (I know a firewall can be setup to allow only local intranet/inside network access vs outside access). Is everyone setting this up, in this fashion, or do I need some more education on networking?

I'd like to use this app, and provide useful feedback, if the designers/others want to help.
    To sum up, I am setting the WebOS boxee app 'prefs' to 192.168.x.x (for the static IP of my HTPC running Boxee). I have disabled my firewall for testing, and it won't work.

Is this WebOS app sending the equivalent of a Windows Media Center remote control signal, or other? I am also using Event Ghost for universal remote control functioning with my HTPC, but have disabled it for testing also. I am now clueless on other items to help troubleshoot. I'm guessing not a router setting, since I have about 8 things hooked up to it, and haven't had a problem with them.

Thanks for any help.
    INTERFACE SUGGESTION: Place a button that is equivalent of the Boxee keyboard toggle '\' in the button interface somewhere. This allows HTPC users, to use a WebOS mouse function/app and go to get to the HTPC desktop, vs closing down Boxee each time. '\' is Great functionality.
    Boxee does have their remote interface on the 8800 port, to use it the firewall on the computer needs to be open but if you have a router that router also has a firewall which prevents it from going to the outside world. You then use WiFi to connect your Pre to your router and from there the Pre connects to Boxee. As long as you don't forward the ports on your router and you trust all those with access to your network you don't have any security issues. The boxee remote interface works by submitting web requests to the boxee remote server. So you could actually control boxee just by going to http://[boxeeip]:8800/command=pause in your browser. Pause being the command to pause or play. It is a rather simple interface. Make for really easy development for the basic controls. Handling the output is a bit more trouble.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    INTERFACE SUGGESTION: Place a button that is equivalent of the Boxee keyboard toggle '\' in the button interface somewhere. This allows HTPC users, to use a WebOS mouse function/app and go to get to the HTPC desktop, vs closing down Boxee each time. '\' is Great functionality.
    Great Suggestion! This would allow use of media remote and provide future update potential.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    any instructions for mac 10.6 use would be helpful
    thanks for this! im a designer as well if you need any help feel free to send me a pm!
  14.    #34  
    I'm on spring break this week. Thanks to Mr. Roman for the design. New release by sunday is my goal.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Does Boxee have an API to auto-search for the server? I know their official ipod app does this, and it seems like the only thing missing at this point. Just curious if this is on the roadmap. Looking forward to the new release.
    I love the app, great work so far! There is one thing i would like to see: The gesture control as seen in the Boxee iPhone app. This would be kick ***!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    so...mac support? anyone?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    This app is great. I can't wait for the next update.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12