Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    Alright. 1 tlho'ren = 0.973 liter or 1.028 quarts.
    I have no idea where that other number came from.
    I fixed. Try 1.0.2...
    Quote Originally Posted by linjus View Post
    I fixed. Try 1.0.2...
    Woo! Thanks!

webOS Developer
    I could REALLY use force and torque, if you could find it in your heart to add them.

I always end up converting among Newtons, lbf, ozf as well as Newton-meters, inch-ounces and foot-pounds.

Thanks for your consideration!

-nj
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I added up everything up to Tera-. I'll add other units later. Try 1.0.2!

BTW, all prefixes are based on the binary representation, not decimal. I think this is useful for computer-related things, but I'm not sure if others feel this is natural. If you think I'm unique, just let me know. I'll consider the decimal prefixes.
    Thanks! Please keep them binary, that's what's needed for networking calculations.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertpo View Post
    I could REALLY use force and torque, if you could find it in your heart to add them.

I always end up converting among Newtons, lbf, ozf as well as Newton-meters, inch-ounces and foot-pounds.

-nj
    Ok. I'll add both force and torque in near future. BTW, I'm little bit concerned about frequent updates, because updating makes this program located at the top of the main precentral web page, even if I made only a small change such as adding several units. I think others would think I'm abusing the relocation feature.
    Hey, thanks! And I really wouldn't worry about the "too frequent update" issue -- if you're really doing things that benefit your users, it just doesn't make sense to worry much about that.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertpo View Post

-nj
    I added both force and torque categories as follows:
    • force: newton, kilogram-force, dyne, kip, ounce-force, pound-force
    • torque: Newton meter, foot-pound force, foot-poundal, inch-pound force, meter kilogram

Try 1.0.3!
    I like your app, very handy. I was wondering though if anyone has seen an app like Light Converter, that will convert between wavenumbers(cm-1), wavelength (nm), frequency(Hz, 1/s) and energy(eV)?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    I like your app, very handy. I was wondering though if anyone has seen an app like Light Converter, that will convert between wavenumbers(cm-1), wavelength (nm), frequency(Hz, 1/s) and energy(eV)?
    I guess that kind of conversion is out of scope of unit converting as that's not about conversion among units in the same category; so, I'm afraid that you may not be able to find any general converter like that. At least, I have not seen anything like that.
    I guess that kind of conversion is out of scope of unit converting as that's not about conversion among units in the same category; so, I'm afraid that you may not be able to find any general converter like that. At least, I have not seen anything like that.
    While I disagree with your assessment that cm-1, Hz, eV and nm are not just different ways to express a given quantity of light energy, I do appreciate your response indicating you haven't seen any apps that do this type of conversion. I suppose I need to stop being lazy and port my excel sheet over to my pre. It's just not nearly as elegant as Unit Converter.
  11.    #31  
    While I disagree with your assessment that cm-1, Hz, eV and nm are not just different ways to express a given quantity of light energy, I do appreciate your response indicating you haven't seen any apps that do this type of conversion. I suppose I need to stop being lazy and port my excel sheet over to my pre. It's just not nearly as elegant as Unit Converter.
    What I meant is that those units belong to different categories; so, converting among them is conceptually different. But, I understand your point. They can actually be related through constants.

I've tried only two (or three) converters for Palm Pre; so, I'm not sure if some new converters can support that. If you want, I'd happy to put that in my program. Could you give me equations for conversion?

The only problem is that I have a deadline in mid-July. I guess I can incorporate that thing in an hour, but I cannot promise at this point.
    If you want, I'd happy to put that in my program. Could you give me equations for conversion?
    Awesome! I tried to attached an excel spreadsheet that has the equations and the constants along with some shorthand notes but that didn't work. I'll send you a PM.
  13.    #33  
    Awesome! I tried to attached an excel spreadsheet that has the equations and the constants along with some shorthand notes but that didn't work. I'll send you a PM.
    I just uploaded a new version. Try 1.0.4. Hope it works. I did it in hurry; so, I'm not very confident. I'd appreciate if you try several conversions to see if everything works fine.
    I just uploaded a new version. Try 1.0.4. Hope it works. I did it in hurry; so, I'm not very confident. I'd appreciate if you try several conversions to see if everything works fine.
    Very nice. It matched what I was getting. Only suggestion would be to put the Hz in scientific notation (but only if that's easy to do). Though honestly my brain sticks a decimal and a x10^14 in there anyway, so it's not a big deal. I know you were worried about accuracy, but it's more than accurate for checking claims during a talk!

If you've got a paypal account, I have a donation with your name on it. Thanks again!
  15.    #35  
    Very nice. It matched what I was getting. Only suggestion would be to put the Hz in scientific notation (but only if that's easy to do). Though honestly my brain sticks a decimal and a x10^14 in there anyway, so it's not a big deal. I know you were worried about accuracy, but it's more than accurate for checking claims during a talk!
    I'll consider your suggestion. I guess it would be nice if there is an option for the scientific notation. However, I think one problem is that scientific notations may make users think that all visible digits are accurate, which is not true in this program as it uses floating point values.

If you've got a paypal account, I have a donation with your name on it. Thanks again!
    Thank you, but I think I should not get any donation. As I'm an F1-visa- holding student in the U.S., I think getting money may jeopardize my status. I had thought getting money is fine as long as I'm not employed, but I recently realized that IRS may disagree. Again, I really appreciate your consideration.
    Hi comrade!!!
    The new webOS version (2.2.4) it's a mix between Mojo and Enyo Frameworks and....my beloved Unit Converter doesn't works on it!!! It can be viewed but no longer functional!!!

Help!!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12