Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I recently posted an app for NHL scores, and there seemed to be some interest for the NBA as well. Turns out it was an easy mod to the hockey app, so I am posting an NBA version here.

Right now it is only scores, no scoring stats. Keep an eye out for a future update that will include some advanced stats.

Thanks.

Once the app is approved, you'll be able to get it here (or with FileCoaster, etc):
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/nba-scores
    Last edited by ljolsen; 02/12/2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added link to app
    thank you!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Just installed thanks! Will test after all star break.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys! I've got an update almost ready to push out that will include points, rebounds, and assists leaders. I'd just like to test it for a day or two with live games (the all-star weekend has made live data scarce). I'll probably upload it after tonight's games.
    awesome man, look forward to the update. Anyway you could also add a link to espn.com or nba.com boxscores in the app?
    thx for the app man!
    great app!

only problem i have, i'm a user in europe. So i've got some 'problems' with the time - maybey it's possible to have the option to select the european time?
    If not possible, no problem at all! just asking - otherwise I will need to convert the times )
    a roller with a palm pre...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by huub View Post
    thx for the app man!
    great app!

only problem i have, i'm a user in europe. So i've got some 'problems' with the time - maybey it's possible to have the option to select the european time?
    If not possible, no problem at all! just asking - otherwise I will need to convert the times )
    heh, yeah, I've thought about users outside NA. The main problem is I hate time arithmetic (esp with daylight savings time here... ), but at some point I'll make it work purely based on your phone's time zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljolsen View Post
    heh, yeah, I've thought about users outside NA. The main problem is I hate time arithmetic (esp with daylight savings time here... ), but at some point I'll make it work purely based on your phone's time zone.
    are you going to implement like having the option in select a favorite team and getting alerts vía the notification bar and maybe even have it reresh fast than 5 minutes...or is that the fastest the sdk allows?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

9.    #9  
    Okay, there's an update available now that pulls down some stats (points, rebounds, and assists leaders). Version 0.6.0 in the homebrew catalog.

@maxima2k53 That's an idea I've considered (favorite teams, notifications). I'll probably work it into the NHL app first and then port it over to the NBA app if I have time.

Re: the refresh time, the latter is true: you can't set an alarm for less than 5 minutes (though some apps seem to have a workaround...).
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    hey anyway you can make the team logos a bit bigger at least in the individual game view? They are a bit hard to see. Also there is a weather app that puts the weather conditions in a nice graphic on the lock screen and adds it to the background image I was wondering if you can incorporate that in to the app. And maybe incorporating all the sports leagues or at least the 4 major U.S. leagues into one app. Just some ideas this has the making of a great app exactly what I've been waiting for since I got the pre. I didn't look to closely at the first post but is there a way to donate? I'd have no problem donating to keep this app rolling along
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    hey anyway you can make the team logos a bit bigger at least in the individual game view? They are a bit hard to see. Also there is a weather app that puts the weather conditions in a nice graphic on the lock screen and adds it to the background image I was wondering if you can incorporate that in to the app. And maybe incorporating all the sports leagues or at least the 4 major U.S. leagues into one app. Just some ideas this has the making of a great app exactly what I've been waiting for since I got the pre. I didn't look to closely at the first post but is there a way to donate? I'd have no problem donating to keep this app rolling along
    Thanks for the ideas! I agree about the icons, some of them are hard to read. Too many have tiny text! lol I'll keep these in mind as I work on the next version.
    Okay, there's an update available now that pulls down some stats (points, rebounds, and assists leaders). Version 0.6.0 in the homebrew catalog.

@maxima2k53 That's an idea I've considered (favorite teams, notifications). I'll probably work it into the NHL app first and then port it over to the NBA app if I have time.

Re: the refresh time, the latter is true: you can't set an alarm for less than 5 minutes (though some apps seem to have a workaround...).
    I would love the refresh to have more options...say 1 minute or less?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

think the app is great so far, keep up the good work
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks for the ideas! I agree about the icons, some of them are hard to read. Too many have tiny text! lol I'll keep these in mind as I work on the next version.
    Is your source for the scores and stats pulling the logos down as well? because maybe you can import your own logos to use and maybe insert a background just to spice it up a bit
  15.    #15  
    Is your source for the scores and stats pulling the logos down as well? because maybe you can import your own logos to use and maybe insert a background just to spice it up a bit
    Nope, the logos are packaged with the app. Honestly I'm not a huge bball fan, so I wasn't sure if there are alternate versions or whatever. I think I'll take some liberties with trimming them down so they display better in the main view.

Update: There's a new version in the repository (0.7.0) that contains a set of (hopefully) better icons.
    Last edited by ljolsen; 02/17/2010 at 04:47 PM.
    Nope, the logos are packaged with the app. Honestly I'm not a huge bball fan, so I wasn't sure if there are alternate versions or whatever. I think I'll take some liberties with trimming them down so they display better in the main view.

Update: There's a new version in the repository (0.7.0) that contains a set of (hopefully) better icons.
    just letting u know that when ur watching a game...and u go to the top left to tap update scored...it doesnt update...i have to back gesture to all games of the night just for it to update....another thing...would be nice to have a reload/refresh button in the game section where ur seeing the scores and stats..thanks!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    the icons are much better and i agree a refresh button in the game would be great too!
    the icons are much better and i agree a refresh button in the game would be great too!
    does the refresh on the top menu work for u?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    does the refresh on the top menu work for u?
    Didn't work for me yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Didn't work for me yesterday.
    didnt work yesterday or today...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast