Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I made an small app that grabs NHL scores and displays it in a nice readable fashion on your Pre/Pixi. I was having fun with the coding, so decided to clean it up a bit and release it here in case others might find it useful.

I'm not sure why you need a forum thread to post to the homebrew section, but here it is. Once it is posted there, then I'll edit this post with a link to the app.

Edit: I guess this is/will be the link. Let me know what you think!
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/nhl-scores
    Last edited by ljolsen; 02/10/2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added link to app
    is it possible u can make an NBA app?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    Yeah, I have been thinking about other sports. With this app as a base, it should be easy to swap in other leagues. I'll have to see if there are any good data sources for NBA though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljolsen View Post
    Yeah, I have been thinking about other sports. With this app as a base, it should be easy to swap in other leagues. I'll have to see if there are any good data sources for NBA though.
    thanks man looking forward to it...also remember to have it auto refresh...thats how espn on the browser works
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    having trouble with the link. Access Denied...even after I've signed in. I'll be looking for this in the homebrew app store. Thanks !!
  6.    #6  
    @Erckul Yeah, I see that now. Sorry, looks like I jumped the gun -- its waiting for moderator approval. Should be available shortly.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    here's a link for nba scores:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/bottomline/scores
    for nfl
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/bottomline/scores
    I'm sure there's more hope this helps I've been waiting for a good nba scores app can you make so that you can follow a certain game? maybe add notification support ala weather dashboard? just some ideas to help
    This app is perfect. Thanks.
    Works well. Just what I needed. Thanks.
    Go Oilers!
  10.    #10  
    For those that were looking for NBA scores, I have posted an app for that. It is only scores, no other stats for now, but will be updated in the future. Getting the basic functionality going was an easy mod, so I figured I'd throw it out there.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2217412

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/nba-scores
    Last edited by ljolsen; 02/16/2010 at 11:12 AM.
    Hey ljolsen,
    Is it possible to maybe add a recap after the game is final? Thanks!
    - Skinneejay -
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Hey ljolsen,
    Is it possible to maybe add a recap after the game is final? Thanks!
    This is unlikely to happen, as I don't have any partnership with the NHL or some other site that writes recaps that would allow me to reproduce them. And I don't have the resources to write them myself. I can look into perhaps linking to a recap though.
    Great app simple to the point all the info you need quickly....nice job
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I love this program! it's straight to the point. However I can't seem to get the new version loaded, i tried to update it form preware which dumped me to the app catalog. It downloaded and stayed on installing for more than 30 minutes before i had to reset my phone. On the 3rd time around it told me it installed but when tap the new icon it takes me to the "my installed apps" page. So i deleted and tried again and still no luck. I downloaded the ipk from precentral and will try to install it through wosqi, and see if that works.
    Is this happening to anyone else or no why this might be happening?

btw i have installed 2 other apps from the catalog since the failure and then tried again. Still nothing.
    There's always next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt View Post
    I love this program! it's straight to the point. However I can't seem to get the new version loaded, i tried to update it form preware which dumped me to the app catalog. It downloaded and stayed on installing for more than 30 minutes before i had to reset my phone. On the 3rd time around it told me it installed but when tap the new icon it takes me to the "my installed apps" page. So i deleted and tried again and still no luck. I downloaded the ipk from precentral and will try to install it through wosqi, and see if that works.

btw i have installed 2 other apps from the catalog since the failure and then tried again. Still nothing.
    problem is the app catalog hasnt updated yet....if u really want it now...u have to turn off the palm beta or palm web feed...but it'll refresh soon....patience?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

thanks maxima, I can wait Hockey is on hiatus so no rush LOL. I had all of palms feeds off, I got the update from precentrals feed, but it still dumped me to the app catalog
    thanks maxima, I can wait Hockey is on hiatus so no rush LOL. I had all of palms feeds off, I got the update from precentrals feed, but it still dumped me to the app catalog
    update feeds again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i have numerous times, i'll just wosqi it when i can decide to get my lazy **** off the couch LOL
    Thanks for helping!!!!
  19.    #19  
    Hey there. Sorry to hear about the issues, not sure what the source may be. I just re-installed the app on my phone from the app catalog and it worked fine. Try this link from your phone:
    NHL Scores

Edit: I also re-installed it from the homebrew list via fileCoaster, and it worked from there also. There may have been some temporary issue with the servers causing install errors..? Hopefully you can get it going before the season gets going again in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by ljolsen; 02/18/2010 at 01:13 AM.
    thanks for the link and reply, I tried again this morning and got it without a problem from precentral.

Pete
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast